2023 Wishlist

Nick07

51 minutes ago, GlitterTea said:

Gah I've never put them on a wishlist cos it seemed so damn farfetched.

I would LOVE to see the walkmen at end of the road

They have played before and Hamilton was part of the No Other Band the year that was put on, Peter Matthew Bauer has also played. So they have ties and obvious fans amongst the organisers.

Obviously no news about any shows other than the New York ones at the moment, so who knows whether they'll even come over to these shores, but here's hoping!

On 9/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, Yokel Again said:

Yes please. Remember seeing her in a small tent one year, maybe 2008? Jarvis DJ'd in there after, the tent isn't there any more but it was kinda where the gin bar is. She's not released anything for years. <goes off to have a listen>

2010 - The Local was the name of the tent. She also played The Woods in 2013 & a magnificent, drunken, hoarse-voiced secret set in The Tipi.

New album out tomorrow, fingers crossed its as good as her previous two. 

14 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

2010 - The Local was the name of the tent. She also played The Woods in 2013 & a magnificent, drunken, hoarse-voiced secret set in The Tipi.

New album out tomorrow, fingers crossed its as good as her previous two. 

She played two sets in 2010: as well as the Local set, she subbed for a late pull-out for someone (I've forgotten who now) in the Big Top.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, Hooskerdoo said:

Sadly having to say goodbye to my trusty campervan. I found this while I was clearing it out to get it ready for sale. This was my fourth End of the Road, but the first in the van. Anybody else remember when tickets were a work of art in themselves? Bringing that back would be on my wishlist I reckon. And Bob Mould.

20220919_162229.jpg

...and Bob Log III

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

When do lineups/rumours tend to emerge? 

On no logic, or knowledge I call:

King Gizz

Phoebe Bridgers

Big Thief

Personal favourite to appear anywhere: 

Marlon Williams

Thoughts? 

Any likely candidates emerging already?

Phoebe Bridgers is likely too big for Green Man now, let alone EOTR. She just sold out four nights at the 5,000 capacity Brixton Academy straight away.

6 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Really hoping for the return of Big Thief, already seeing next year and saw them three times last year but they're a band who really change it up on the setlists so I'd happily see them again. Hope Adrianne or Buck do a solo show with it too.

I think Big Thief are very likely. Have played the festival before and are definitely the right size to headline. I thought that perhaps over 2022 they'd become too big to be re-booked as headliners but reckon they are the perfect size. 

I'd prefer them as Thursday headliners but am expecting them to be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. 

Was very excited about Angel Olsen when she was first booked but not arsed now. Havent really enjoyed much of her recent material despite loving Burn Your Fire.... and My Woman. Think I'd prefer someone like Sharon VE these days.