All Points East 2023

gfa

This Ladbroke Live website is a scam. After winning tickets, they said my account and tickets were cancelled because they could "not verify my identity", whatever that means. I had used my real name, date of birth and email address. So watch out, I would guess they gather personal information and have no intention to give away tickets.

7 hours ago, emmanuel said:

This Ladbroke Live website is a scam. After winning tickets, they said my account and tickets were cancelled because they could "not verify my identity", whatever that means. I had used my real name, date of birth and email address. So watch out, I would guess they gather personal information and have no intention to give away tickets.

Contact them and prove it with your ID etc

has happened to others too

I love a free ticket and obviously everyone should feel free 100% to use whatever competitions etc are available, but the aggressive incursion of predatory bookmakers into the live music space is, imo, gross. 

You can't see a premier league goal on social media or TV without sitting through a betting ad and now they're clearly targeting music fans in a big way, too.

Edited by european_son
  • Upvote 2

Final acts added:

https://readdork.com/news/all-points-east-23-final-names/

Stormzy – This Is What We Mean Day – Friday 18 August

Tay Iwar

Tamera

Natanya

Trebla.

The Strokes – Friday 25 August

FEET

L’Objectif

Jungle – UK Exclusive – Saturday 26 August

Wet

FLOHIO

Elkka – Live

Sofia Isella

Future Utopia

Blumi

Parallels

Dermot Kennedy – Sunday 27 August

Chromeo

Kingfishr

The Big Idea

Megzz

HAIM – European Exclusive – Bank Holiday Monday 28 August

Griff

Isabel LaRosa

Kaeto

Unflirt

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

Azure Ryder also added to The Strokes day.

Chromeo is a bit of a massive last minute add (at least IMO). 

Would have loved Chromeo for The Strokes or Jungle day and I think they'd have been better suited for that too. DK one seems random but perhaps just trying their best to sell tickets for that day as guess they're struggling.

53 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

There are uncomplicated old-fashioned just tick the box ballots for all the APE events on Blue Light Tickets at the moment. You need a Blue Light card to login.

EDIT: draw date is showing as today. I have been able to enter ballots about an hour ago.

A lot of festivals and one-dayers seem to be really aggressively pricing tickets and then just as aggressively doing giveaways/seat-filling in the last few weeks this year.

It's certainly a strategy (and genuinely maybe even a "good" one, financially for them) but surely at some point word gets out and more people start hanging back on buying at full whack unless it's something they're desperate to see or at a high risk of selling out?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, european_son said:

A lot of festivals and one-dayers seem to be really aggressively pricing tickets and then just as aggressively doing giveaways/seat-filling in the last few weeks this year.

It's certainly a strategy (and genuinely maybe even a "good" one, financially for them) but surely at some point word gets out and more people start hanging back on buying at full whack unless it's something they're desperate to see or at a high risk of selling out?

All points east gave out free and heavily discounted tickets way too early in their life cycle so yeah people do just wait. I only went in full price for Strokes. Haim and Erykah Badu days were obviously going to end up as giveaways. 

People on here have a tendency to overstate the weakness of the lineups (not debating that they are weak) whilst underrating the effect of trashing your own brand, as APE did, early doors and the legacy that leaves. 

On 8/9/2023 at 5:27 PM, emmanuel said:

Gah! same has now happened to us. account was deleted as unable to verify. what tha flip?! used legit info though suspect reading the T&Cs maybe failed the credit check as have had that before 😞 Not much lost as so far the lottery has been a total bust however bit miffed as they are saying no appeals -feeling bit mugged off though & really hoping they dont make the Haim draw an everyone wins free tix now we've locked out pffft 

Question: Whats occurring for Stormzy APE day? Twickets has around 180 tix on offer listed with alot for discount on  original purchase prices whereas the other APE dates only have a mere handful on twickets atm. Any thoughts why so many ditching & trying to sell his day? maybe touts offloading I guess ...

2 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

How is Field Day? I haven't been for nearly ten years and toying with going alone given the lineup is exactly my wheelhouse.

How are the crowds? Is it overly busy or pretty decent ? And queued for beer etc...? Also how is the sound ? 

Crowds - will be busy but its not horrendous, bar queues generally fine

Sound - very hit or miss. get to acts early and get close

14 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

There was a fair amount of buzz around what the undercard for Stormzy would be and I suspect it hasn't quite lived up to expectations.

People won't care when Dave or someone inevitably comes out as a special guest i think

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Crowds - will be busy but its not horrendous, bar queues generally fine

Sound - very hit or miss. get to acts early and get close

I'd second all of this.  I went last year and the sound was fine.  I'd been told it was terrible, but this wasn't my experience. Much like the drinks queue situation, it seems to have been fixed from 2017 or whenever it was bad.  It's not LOUD, and you have the usual issues with the wind but there are enough speaker stacks dotted around that you should be able to stand near one.

Crowd-behaviour wise, you're rolling the dice a bit with any big dance music event in London (in terms of people talking over the music) - but actually it wasn't memorably bad in that respect.  There was definitely enough space that you could just move away from anyone messing with your buzz.

Some free tickets (well you pay the booking fee but that's it) on TicketsForGood if anyone works in the NHS/Armed Services. I take it some may given the Blue Light ballot mentions above. It's first come first served though, think only Jungle, Haim and Dermot Kennedy days available last I looked.

Edited by Joey01

26 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Some free tickets (well you pay the booking fee but that's it) on TicketsForGood if anyone works in the NHS/Armed Services. I take it some day given the Blue Light ballot mentions above. It's first come first served though, think only Jungle, Haim and Dermot Kennedy days available last I looked.

Also Stormzy + waitlist for the Strokes.

They often relist, so it's worth watching. 

Edited by sheffinghell
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ed90 said:

I'd second all of this.  I went last year and the sound was fine.  I'd been told it was terrible, but this wasn't my experience. Much like the drinks queue situation, it seems to have been fixed from 2017 or whenever it was bad.  It's not LOUD, and you have the usual issues with the wind but there are enough speaker stacks dotted around that you should be able to stand near one.

Crowd-behaviour wise, you're rolling the dice a bit with any big dance music event in London (in terms of people talking over the music) - but actually it wasn't memorably bad in that respect.  There was definitely enough space that you could just move away from anyone messing with your buzz.

The crowd should be ok owing to the lineup, hardly full of names that attract dickheads this year