All Points East 2023

gfa

4 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

I do wonder why people here (and possibly APE) insist on big headliners? If they returned to the smaller capacity and headliners of the Field Day era, I'd be very happy! However, in the Field Day era they had a strong undercard shared with Primavera, and now that has become patchy as well.

Totally with you.

Field Day lineups were brilliant generally and huge bills.

This year we seem to have average headliners and not much strength in depth either.

2 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

2017 in particular looked crazy and there was still Aphex as a headliner aha 

Dr John Cooper Clarke & Loyle Carner Added to Field Day 2017 - Lyte Magazine

Absolutely ridiculous year. Doing Forest Swords > Death Grips > Moderat > Flying Lotus > Nicolas J > Aphex Twin was bonkers. One of the best day festivals the city's seen in my opinion.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Am really hoping for Clipping myself who I think will be in the UK at that point but not sure if Field Day would clash with Green Man

Well theres no way theyll come from america just for one festival. They are a must see act for me. But theyd be perfect on the field day bill

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Any idea if they’re playing the Sunday?

Looks like it'll be Sunday 20th. If Folamour is there as said previously in the thread, he's at Creamfields North on the Saturday and We Are FSTVL on the Sunday of Bank Hol weekend (although, could do 2 sets in a day).

27 minutes ago, stanh said:

Looks like it'll be Sunday 20th. If Folamour is there as said previously in the thread, he's at Creamfields North on the Saturday and We Are FSTVL on the Sunday of Bank Hol weekend (although, could do 2 sets in a day).

Surely Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th much more likely (next day not a working day)?

Fairly sure they've never had a day before on the Sunday of the first weekend.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Surely Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th much more likely (next day not a working day)?

Fairly sure they've never had a day before on the Sunday of the first weekend.

Yeah, might not be, that was just a guess based on Folamour's dates - looks like he's headlining a stage at We Are, so would certainly be possible to do both in the same day.

9 hours ago, stanh said:

Yeah, might not be, that was just a guess based on Folamour's dates - looks like he's headlining a stage at We Are, so would certainly be possible to do both in the same day.

Ah, that’s helpful.

So as we know Folamour is playing a festival in the north on Saturday and then in London on the Sunday, then he must be doubling up with APE on the Sunday ie the Jungle day is the second Sunday.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Ah, that’s helpful.

So as we know Folamour is playing a festival in the north on Saturday and then in London on the Sunday, then he must be doubling up with APE on the Sunday ie the Jungle day is the second Sunday.

I was hoping for the second Saturday, day after the Strokes. I don't think I'll hang around weekend but could certainly swing the second day. 

Curious to see who else crops up so.