Taylor swift

brettredmayne

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The tweet  that Swifty will play 2020 Glastonbury has strangely appeared on the festival homepage.  
IMG_0607.thumb.png.a326e1ec6d1de4ec794694e1079336f8.png

Luckily its almost impossible unless they put her on the Pyramid at 10am and she plays for an hour and takes her jet straight back to her other gig.

11 hours ago, ls2408 said:

AXS have begun cancelled tickets, emails says “aspects of the purchase can’t be verified” or “an excess of 4 tickets”

"Best"

11 hours ago, gazzared said:

Read this on the dailymail, ive copied the text so you dont have to go there

'The only way to obtain a valid ticket for Taylor Swift's shows is via the approved ticket agents,'

'In the UK, the approved ticket agents are Ticketmaster, AXS or directly through the venue's website. In Ireland, the approved ticket agent is Ticketmaster.

'Any tickets found to be purchased via resale on the non-official secondary market will not be valid for entry into the concerts and will be cancelled in accordance with the terms and conditions of sale.'

'Authorised resale for tickets begins on 1 August 2023. 

'Through official resale facilities, ticket resale prices are capped to help combat the inflation of ticket prices and put a stop to ticket touting.'

'These resale facilities enable fans to sell their tickets with confidence and empower fans to purchase resale tickets with the assurance that the ticket they are purchasing is genuine.' 

AEG also clarified the confusing 'lead booker' policy that was listed on Ticketmaster's website - saying that fans will be able to change the name on their tickets.

'In addition to the official resale facilities, fans will also be able to transfer their tickets via their approved ticket agent, so they can share tickets with friends and family who are also attending the concert. 

'Ticket transfer will be made available much closer to the date of the shows and fans will be notified by email when ticket transfer is available. Fans in the UK and Ireland will then be able transfer all of their tickets. '

If that means any tickets already sold through Viagogo are cancelled, great. 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm

I used PayPal for one transaction and so there's actually no Billing Address in the order.  However, Delivery Address is identical on both.. 

Somewhat irrelevant to the rest of this convo in this thread, but goodness me, that girl's Twitter account and the people in her replies are borderline dangerously parasocial. I know Swifties have a reputation (hehe) for being 'committed' fans, but some of them seem unhinged - more so than any fan base I've ever encountered

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm

I used PayPal for one transaction and so there's actually no Billing Address in the order.  However, Delivery Address is identical on both.. 

paypal still has a billing address in there that axs can go find.

2 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Somewhat irrelevant to the rest of this convo in this thread, but goodness me, that girl's Twitter account and the people in her replies are borderline dangerously parasocial. I know Swifties have a reputation (hehe) for being 'committed' fans, but some of them seem unhinged - more so than any fan base I've ever encountered

Get into the Kpop circles or even currently Ariana Grande and youll see plenty of this.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm

Oh my f**king god what is the point? You've sold the tickets you dickheads, you've got the money? Why are you now putting yourselves to a bunch of effort and pissing people off after the fact?

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The tweet  that Swifty will play 2020 Glastonbury has strangely appeared on the festival homepage.  
IMG_0607.thumb.png.a326e1ec6d1de4ec794694e1079336f8.png

The Glastonbury site doesn't control what Tweets appear in that, it's an embedded Twitter component, and because Mr Science Brain has made Twitter loads better by firing all the staff and not not paying his third party bills, you get exciting new features like this.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

PayPal doesn’t share the billing address I thought?

That's correct - however as mentioned the Delivery Address (which is shared) is the same in this case so there's a risk if they cross reference.

Though I suspect that after this initial "seen to be doing something" batch, this will go quiet.

• Like 1

Honestly they can’t make their mind up. Firstly I really doubt “Andrea” spoke with the event organisers and more likely flicked through a script AXS have been given, if she’s real.

so this morning it was - if you’ve got more than 4 tickets per address than some will be cancelled.

now it’s - you’re fine if you’ve got more than 4 tickets as long as they’re on different accounts? 

https://twitter.com/hayley_swiftie/status/1684949438853242880?s=46&t=MFw3bOrm2YHx7N3KoV899w

Edited by ls2408

3 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

Oh my f**king god what is the point? You've sold the tickets you dickheads, you've got the money? Why are you now putting yourselves to a bunch of effort and pissing people off after the fact?

Agree. Seems incredibly unnecessary, especially considering the shows aren’t even sold out. 

On 7/28/2023 at 8:47 AM, ls2408 said:

PayPal doesn’t share the billing address I thought?

Ticketing company is  granted access to whatever they need in this kind of scenario. Youre not like "shielded" or something from the ticket limits and other policies just because you used paypal. If that was the case then every single reseller would just have used paypal cause thats an insane loophole to jump through when it comes to the ticket sale. 

Do we think resale will be open to everyone, or wishful thinking? Still waitlisted... 

Edit: Scrap that - I can now get through. I wonder if they've closed the presale ahead of the resale tomorrow. 

Edited by lacney
Update

58 minutes ago, lacney said:

Do we think resale will be open to everyone, or wishful thinking? Still waitlisted... 

Edit: Scrap that - I can now get through. I wonder if they've closed the presale ahead of the resale tomorrow. 

I got through aswell but still needed an access code unlock any tickets

2 hours ago, cdm22 said:

My AXS mobile tickets arrived today and look to be one QR code for both tickets rather than a separate QR code for each one. So unless that changes you'll be going in with the booker.

It can’t stay with 1 as how do 4 people get through the turnstiles 

2 hours ago, cdm22 said:

My AXS mobile tickets arrived today and look to be one QR code for both tickets rather than a separate QR code for each one. So unless that changes you'll be going in with the booker.

If I've understood it correctly - everyone needs the AXS App, for which they each get their own "AXS ID" ie personalised barcode. So that's likely the one you're seeing.

The Lead Booker needs to assign the tickets to the relevant people who'll see the barcode in their app (but you won't).

11 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

It can’t stay with 1 as how do 4 people get through the turnstiles 

Indeed, but at the moment 2 ticket numbers under one code rather than a 'page' for each like I have for other gigs on it.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

If I've understood it correctly - everyone needs the AXS App, for which they each get their own "AXS ID" ie personalised barcode. So that's likely the one you're seeing.

The Lead Booker needs to assign the tickets to the relevant people who'll see the barcode in their app (but you won't).

I guess that will happen later then as at the moment there is no way of transferring/sharing/doing anything at all with them.