Taylor swift

brettredmayne

11 hours ago, august1 said:

0_taylor-swift-liverpool-expected-prices

I read a rumour that they were doing all standing and wasn’t so sure, but seems to be the case. Interesting move, although given how far the stage comes out, you’re going to have a pretty good view wherever you’re stood. 

What are people’s thoughts on this presale? I’m going to be trying for every venue, and seeing we have 12 goes at tickets for 16 dates makes me think there’s a strong chance, but I’ve no idea how many tickets will be available and how many have presale codes? They’re clearly trying to maximise the number of fans getting tickets but the demand is absolutely mental. I don’t tend to do many stadium shows, but this feels like one of the most in demand tours of all time?

Also, Speak Now TV sounding musically like the most different from the original thus far. Particularly the guitars - lots of extra flourishes.

Edited by jparx

It was my mate that bought our Beyonce tickets and there was no info on them or at point of purchase that they were restricted view, but when we got to the stadium they were clearly sub-optimal.

Not to the extreme of having to watch on a screen, but we would have seen f**k all happening on the stage.

So we took matters into our own hands, and we'll be doing so again if we get shafted by Swizzle.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was my mate that bought our Beyonce tickets and there was no info on them or at point of purchase that they were restricted view, but when we got to the stadium they were clearly sub-optimal.

Not to the extreme of having to watch on a screen, but we would have seen f**k all happening on the stage.

So we took matters into our own hands, and we'll be doing so again if we get shafted by Swizzle.

Ominous. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup. If true, it’s more or less equivalent to other stadium shows. A bit cheaper if anything.

Do we know the deal with dynamic pricing? I’m assuming it’s off given the enormous PR own goal it’d be but I’ve not seen anything for certain.

37 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She only cares about the bottom line if that wasnt obvious enough. I think youll see that when next weeks charts are released with sales figures. Gonna sell a million vinyl records and they werent cheap. She did the bare minimum which was to not allow dynamic pricing for this tour. I mean she had taken the $100 million in crypto money til the deal got pulled.

You have to get those tickets first before you can talk about cheap or not. Will be interesting to see how the resale market ends up when the dust clears in a week. 

I’m aware her greatest talent is to milk the fans for all their worth. Ridiculous really given how much the tours already grossed, she can’t be short a few Bob.

at least they aren’t entirely mugging you poor lot off with dynamic pricing……. We think.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I read a rumour that they were doing all standing and wasn’t so sure, but seems to be the case. Interesting move, although given how far the stage comes out, you’re going to have a pretty good view wherever you’re stood. 

What are people’s thoughts on this presale? I’m going to be trying for every venue, and seeing we have 12 goes at tickets for 16 dates makes me think there’s a strong chance, but I’ve no idea how many tickets will be available and how many have presale codes? They’re clearly trying to maximise the number of fans getting tickets but the demand is absolutely mental. I don’t tend to do many stadium shows, but this feels like one of the most in demand tours of all time?

Also, Speak Now TV sounding musically like the most different from the original thus far. Particularly the guitars - lots of extra flourishes.

This is kinda my plan, gonna try for as many dates as I can and then if unlucky got the verified sale too. I think if you manage to get in within the first 10 or so minutes and just buy a bowl/upper deck seat you'll be fine. I'm gonna go the route of if I hold out for a standing ticket, I might be out of luck and just go for what ever I can get with a good view. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This is kinda my plan, gonna try for as many dates as I can and then if unlucky got the verified sale too. I think if you manage to get in within the first 10 or so minutes and just buy a bowl/upper deck seat you'll be fine. I'm gonna go the route of if I hold out for a standing ticket, I might be out of luck and just go for what ever I can get with a good view. 

I dunno if there’s anything to this or not, but the FAQs have a specific line that there’s no guarantee the general on sale will happen after the pre sale. Is that a standard line to include? Kinda suggests they’ll sell as many tickets as they can during the pre sale but it might just be typical wording to cover themselves..?

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

That’s a good plan. Think the majority will be rushing for the standing ones and then have the seated as a backup when they sell in a flash. But by the time the standing have gone, I’d imagine the seating will be slim pickings too .. so i like you’re thinking there. Might do the same myself. 

Just now, jparx said:

I dunno if there’s anything to this or not, but the FAQs have a specific line that there’s no guarantee the general on sale will happen after the pre sale. Is that a standard line to include? Kinda suggests they’ll sell as many tickets as they can during the pre sale but it might just be typical wording to cover themselves..?

That's unusual I'd say.

More often than not all that's available in a presale are a limited number of the worst seats. People then buy them as they assume nothing else will come available. Its a sneaky way of filling up the stadium and flogging the undesirable tickets.

All bets seem to be off for this tour though.

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

That’s a good plan. Think the majority will be rushing for the standing ones and then have the seated as a backup when they sell in a flash. But by the time the standing have gone, I’d imagine the seating will be slim pickings too .. so i like you’re thinking there. Might do the same myself. 

Yup that's my exact hope, while people are clicking on the different standing areas and it loading and saying 'no tickets' and then having to search again. I'm already in looking for a decent seat(hoping the bowl, for Wembley)

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's unusual I'd say.

More often than not all that's available in a presale are a limited number of the worst seats. People then buy them as they assume nothing else will come available. Its a sneaky way of filling up the stadium and flogging the undesirable tickets.

Yup. There's obviously the Midnights sale which I imagine will be a good half of the standing tickets, the restricted view tickets and a fair bit of seated tickets and then you have the 'Verified sale' which I imagine is going to be the full sale. 

On the email about the verified sale it says that if you don't get a code for your area, you'll be put on a waiting list. Which pretty much states that any tickets left, you might have a chance to be picked on the day of ticket release to buy them, but won't be told until the day. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's unusual I'd say.

Not to be picky but I was hoping there’d be better seats in the pre sale than just the nose bleeds! 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd say that indicates they have close to the full allocation for sale in the presale then.

Southbank Centre use this line for big acts at meltdown where events can sell out to members and there's no general sale. But obviously vastly different scale, a membership is different to a one off code and demand is not the same but that's the only venue I've seen from memory be explicit about it. Could be a lot of people scrambling around for very few tickets in the general. Although anyone with a bit of nous would have got in on the presale anyway. 

I'm dreading next week but perhaps it'll be fine. Unfortunately the people I am looking to go with are already being picky about placement in the venue and I've had to keep saying that attitude isn't going to be sustainable. 

1 minute ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I'd say that indicates they have close to the full allocation for sale in the presale then.

Southbank Centre use this line for big acts at meltdown where events can sell out to members and there's no general sale. But obviously vastly different scale, a membership is different to a one off code and demand is not the same but that's the only venue I've seen from memory be explicit about it. Could be a lot of people scrambling around for very few tickets in the general. Although anyone with a bit of nous would have got in on the presale anyway. 

I'm dreading next week but perhaps it'll be fine. Unfortunately the people I am looking to go with are already being picky about placement in the venue and I've had to keep saying that attitude isn't going to be sustainable. 

This is the line

Please note, there is no guarantee that a general on-sale will occur. Any future ticket on-sales will depend on the availability of ticket inventory.”

Interesting I’d say. Might mean nothing ultimately, but can you imagine if there’s no general sale after all the registration stuff? The benefit of the midnights sale is it’s (largely) limiting tickets to actual fans, and you can see clearly they’re trying to reduce the amount of scalpers for this show.

Are any acts offering like a subscription membership service for ‘£x per year’ and that gets you some merchandise, discount from album sale etc, and then first access to any tour dates? Similar to how football clubs operate I guess. 

Could definitely see that the route these mega artists go down in future. Guaranteed revenue stream, and means they don’t have to bother with this album and presale faffing. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is the line

Please note, there is no guarantee that a general on-sale will occur. Any future ticket on-sales will depend on the availability of ticket inventory.”

Interesting I’d say. Might mean nothing ultimately, but can you imagine if there’s no general sale after all the registration stuff? The benefit of the midnights sale is it’s (largely) limiting tickets to actual fans, and you can see clearly they’re trying to reduce the amount of scalpers for this show.

I'd be surprised if they had the full allocation on pre sale but that does seem to suggest a possibility. A lot of tickets will be in the presale, in all categories from standing, best seats to restricted view and off to the sides at the back. For obvious reasons it makes sense to shift as many presale tickets as possible. I'm not sure the thought process behind people thinking the presale will be very limited or limited to less desirable placings comes from. 

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Are any acts offering like a subscription membership service for ‘£x per year’ and that gets you some merchandise, discount from album sale etc, and then first access to any tour dates? Similar to how football clubs operate I guess. 

Could definitely see that the route these mega artists go down in future. Guaranteed revenue stream, and means they don’t have to bother with this album and presale faffing. 

The only issue with that is some artists just don't tour that much. When Harry Styles finishes the tour he's currently on, he might not play a gig in England for a few years. 

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is the line

Interesting I’d say. Might mean nothing ultimately, but can you imagine if there’s no general sale after all the registration stuff? 

They’ll just add extra dates, surely

11 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

I'd be surprised if they had the full allocation on pre sale but that does seem to suggest a possibility. A lot of tickets will be in the presale, in all categories from standing, best seats to restricted view and off to the sides at the back. For obvious reasons it makes sense to shift as many presale tickets as possible. I'm not sure the thought process behind people thinking the presale will be very limited or limited to less desirable placings comes from. 

I don't tend to go in for these uber-demand gigs so I might be really naïve, but I thought this presale would be the better shot for tickets, especially now they've staggered the on sale times so heavily. If you're game for any venue, having 12 goes at logging on for tickets seems like very good odds, but I might be eating my words next Friday 😄