ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

54 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Hearing quite a few stories both on here and people I know missing out due to the bank authorisation thing. Absolutely gutting but it is what it is. Just wondering those that were successful if they used debit or credit cards and also any particular bank? Mine is Natwest and I authorised in the app but no luck. Might try a different card or two for Sunday

I used debit card and am with first direct. I chose one time passcode for verification as thought it might be better than the app 

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I used an auto refresher and I liked it cause it meant I could concentrate elsewhere. Was awful trying to get tix even when i got through.Kept saying they were gone. Think i got the last 4 from bristol

So was it the device using auto refresh that you got the tickets on? Previously wanted to stay away from it as I’ve not used it before and didn’t wanna mess things up- however now I’m reconsidering for Sunday and think I might give it a go 

2 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Hearing quite a few stories both on here and people I know missing out due to the bank authorisation thing. Absolutely gutting but it is what it is. Just wondering those that were successful if they used debit or credit cards and also any particular bank? Mine is Natwest and I authorised in the app but no luck. Might try a different card or two for Sunday

How did they (and you?) miss out due to bank authorisation? Like it crashed at that stage?

4 hours ago, CJB said:

Exactly the same as me, I got to the registration page, entered all the details and even got to the point of picking a coach and I couldn’t get any further than that. I was so excited when I got to reg page too, I really thought i was gonna get them😭 We go again on Sunday. Best of luck 🤞🏻 

Same to you! I got to this point on three different devices - it was torture!

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

How did they (and you?) miss out due to bank authorisation? Like it crashed at that stage?

My mate entered my card details, called me. I went straight on the Natwest app to approve but the countdown clock on the ticket page timed out. It wasn't instant.

Can only think we need to speed up entering info on Sunday to allow for this. Need to set up keys for the reg numbers and postcodes I reckon

7 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Same. Initially clicking wednesday button didn't do anything but I hit ctrl f5 and got straight in after clicking Wednesday tickets for friends.

Then clicked back and to my immediate surprise another registration page come up. Wasn't intending to coach it but as it was there took it. 

What does Ctrl F5 do?

Need to ask a question.

Do you press refresh at 9am on Sunday or do you press the link?

I was pressing the link till about 6.03pm last night then when nothing was happening I pressed refresh and the page changed with the Sunday link removed.

Im not very good at this and still don’t understand how I got coach tickets in 2019 on my daughter’s crappy phone!

33 minutes ago, TrippyDip said:

You mad man, I’d rather jump out of a plane than deal with the stress of getting these tickets 

I think I used to quite enjoy it when I always assumed I'd get them. Now it's about 50/50 whether I do or not (since 2014 or so) I fucking hate it. Just want to get to 10am Sunday so I can draw a line under it either way.

8 hours ago, CJB said:

Exactly the same as me, I got to the registration page, entered all the details and even got to the point of picking a coach and I couldn’t get any further than that. I was so excited when I got to reg page too, I really thought i was gonna get them😭 We go again on Sunday. Best of luck 🤞🏻 

I got this. No coaches were obviously available though as pretty much as soon as I got through, the tweet telling us they'd sold out appeared yet I kept trying til the page went dead.

Been pretty deflated since, going to watch my football club in an FA Cup tie on Sunday yet I'll find it hard to get excited if I fail to bag a ticket on Sunday morning.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Robbie Williams said:

I got this. No coaches were obviously available though as pretty much as soon as I got through, the tweet telling us they'd sold out appeared yet I kept trying til the page went dead.

Been pretty deflated since, going to watch my football club in an FA Cup tie on Sunday yet I'll find it hard to get excited if I fail to bag a ticket on Sunday morning.

Is it Port Vale?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

So a friend got stuck as well at the authorisation page. Nothing happened after he authorised the payment. Well, he called his bank today and asked if there was an issue with his card and they told him, the website didn't support 3D-Secure for authorisation. Apparently, they were able to confirm this after looking into their system in order to find out what went wrong.

If this really is the case, then they royally screwed up. It sounds like the channel back from authorisation to the website didn't work, which could explain the unusually high number of complaints about people failing at that stage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well done to everyone who was successful.

Brutal stuff here. I got as far as picking times from London on three different devices but just constantly got messages saying the allocation was run out (or whatever the fuck it said). Really stressful and frustrating. Will give it a go on Sunday but fully expecting another long resale wait here.

Exactly the same here. Trying to take some positives for Sunday in that I got past the reg page at least. What's the general consensus in these situations where you are making progress but then hit a hurdle? (1) refresh? (2) hit 'back' one page and go again from there? (3) back to the start completely?

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales