ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, Kwendo said:

So would you flat out recommend not bothering with Wednesday cos it's too competitive? How big is the difference between how fast Wednesday and Thursday sell out from London/Bristol

If your going for both sales with good organisation and a bit of luck you should be ok 🙂 

On 10/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, Breeze said:

What is this 'Rank: Newbie' all about? Have been on here since 2002 lol Admittedly not much in recent few years.

it changes from the number of posts you make.

12 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Do we have any idea whether the refresh limit is browser, device or IP connected?

like is it 60 refreshes a browser window, or 69 refreshes an IP address?

I think it’s per IP. I had a nightmare with Taylor Hawkins tribute Wembley tickets earlier in the year. Must have got frustrated and refreshed too fast so was getting nowhere on see tickets. When I tried re-logging in it gave me the “we think you’re a bot message” with no way of resolving. Same on phone even on 4g. Tried ticketmaster - blocked there too. Eventually managed to reset through a CS query which prompted me with a Captcha picture test. Happy ending, got tickets at 2.30 that afternoon. Makes me anxious to not refresh too quickly 

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Typo

Just now, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I think it’s per IP. I had a nightmare with Taylor Hawkins tribute Wembley tickets earlier in the year. Must have got frustrated and refreshed too fast on so was getting nowhere on see tickets. When I tried re-logging in it gave me the “we think you’re a bot message” with no way of resolving. Same on phone even on 4g. Tried ticketmaster - blocked there too. Eventually managed to reset through a CS query which prompted me with a Captcha picture test. Happy ending, got tickets at 2.30 that afternoon. Makes me anxious to not refresh too quickly 

I have no idea how this hasn't happened to me using about 6 devices on my wifi!

Just now, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I think it’s per IP. I had a nightmare with Taylor Hawkins tribute Wembley tickets earlier in the year. Must have got frustrated and refreshed too fast so was getting nowhere on see tickets. When I tried re-logging in it gave me the “we think you’re a bot message” with no way of resolving. Same on phone even on 4g. Tried ticketmaster - blocked there too. Eventually managed to reset through a CS query which prompted me with a Captcha picture test. Happy ending, got tickets at 2.30 that afternoon. Makes me anxious to not refresh too quickly 

My main anxiety being you don’t know when they’ve blocked you, you just get the same “not available message”

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I have no idea how this hasn't happened to me using about 6 devices on my wifi!

Is this with multiple people? Presumably you can still only refresh so fast with one finger… if we have multiple people trying they use 4g. Only one on wifi. This is a new phenomenon to me though, never happened before

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added a bit

10 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Is this with multiple people? Presumably you can still only refresh so fast with one finger… if we have multiple people trying they use 4g. Only one on wifi. This is a new phenomenon to me though, never happened before

2 of us, both on wifi. Never had an issue. Will use 4g on phones this year, but not sure whether to use our usual strategy on laptops now after hearing all this

27 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

2 of us, both on wifi. Never had an issue. Will use 4g on phones this year, but not sure whether to use our usual strategy on laptops now after hearing all this

I used to use 4 browsers on incognito but not convinced it helped and now prefer to focus on refreshing one only (personally I wait the page to fully reload and count down - there was a year when the twenty second countdown didn’t move which was very disconcerting). Over the years I have probably been most successful on my phone on 4g. My laptop goes through a work server which doesn’t help. Never used auto refresh so some balancing between laptop and phone. 2019 was a hopeless year, got them this year in the resale. 2018 one of my group got them.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

How's efests going to hold up next Thursday & Sunday @Neil

I can't recall what happened way back in 2019 but I know some previous ticket sales days efest haven't coped too well with the heavy traffic, what may we expect?

It coed well with the last sale and should do OK this time. I hope. 

I am really not great at all this IP address stuff. I really don't understand it. I have two Internet connections in my house but one hub. Strangely the connections have different passwords! Does it make any difference if I straddle between the 2 and set some laptops up to one connection and others up to the other one? The builders put in the extra connection due to range or something. Sorry for the question as I really don't know Internet stuff. Just wondering if there is any point moving my table between the 2. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any advice

3 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I am really not great at all this IP address stuff. I really don't understand it. I have two Internet connections in my house but one hub. Strangely the connections have different passwords! Does it make any difference if I straddle between the 2 and set some laptops up to one connection and others up to the other one? The builders put in the extra connection due to range or something. Sorry for the question as I really don't know Internet stuff. Just wondering if there is any point moving my table between the 2. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any advice

Don’t stress it … and the same to others on this thread not having the foggiest … f5 untill the door let’s you in … some will use other methods … some will get in on 3G / 4G … marginal gains but I guess the main thing is to have help elsewhere if you can and all the details and payment ready when you do get in 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Don’t stress it … and the same to others on this thread not having the foggiest … f5 untill the door let’s you in … some will use other methods … some will get in on 3G / 4G … marginal gains but I guess the main thing is to have help elsewhere if you can and all the details and payment ready when you do get in 

Thankyou yes, will get all to help

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Even though you’ve got 2 access points in your house you’ve only got one router. See will see everything coming from your house as the same IP address. 

As Crazy said don’t stress about it unless you have multiple browsers with auto refresh software on them all. If you are just manually refreshing you would be very very unlucky to get locked out. 

13 hours ago, tarw said:

Even though you’ve got 2 access points in your house you’ve only got one router. See will see everything coming from your house as the same IP address. 

As Crazy said don’t stress about it unless you have multiple browsers with auto refresh software on them all. If you are just manually refreshing you would be very very unlucky to get locked out. 

Gotcha thanks tarw

• Like 1

Hi, 

First post on here, been going to Glasto for a number of years and always get abit worked up come T day! 

Read through a number of these pages and wondered why there is a conception that VPNs aren't much good for the ticket sales? Have used them for years on SeeTickets and never had an issue. On rare occasions certain one's seem to be blocked but you can't access See's website when using them, so you would know fairly quickly and you could just change to a different VPN. 

8 minutes ago, Trainfella said:

Hi, 

First post on here, been going to Glasto for a number of years and always get abit worked up come T day! 

Read through a number of these pages and wondered why there is a conception that VPNs aren't much good for the ticket sales? Have used them for years on SeeTickets and never had an issue. On rare occasions certain one's seem to be blocked but you can't access See's website when using them, so you would know fairly quickly and you could just change to a different VPN. 

there might not be an issue but there might be an issue because you've no idea what else might be going on with that vpn, probably better to stick to your home setup where you know and control what's going on

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales