ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Pazzler said:

"Over-refreshing" will return the error 429 (Too Many Requests)
This is viewable within the browsers Developers Tools > Console (Chrome) 

2022-10-27_09-54-55.png

Yup....and the 429 fires off the 'busy' page URL. There is an 'sclid' cookie loaded that's used for the rate-limiting.....Cloudflare I reckon. 

Edited by parsonjack

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So for the coach sale you can pick Wednesday or Thursday like that's the first thing you select?

Then it will take you to location of pick up?

Yes from what I remember of last year, you pick Wednesday or Thursday before you even go into the 'queue', so after that choice you face hammering away at the holding page of doom (only to go right back to the start to ponder choosing Thursday once all the Wednesday tickets have gone, and then queueing all over again....)

And once you're through for either day you then pick the departure point next, and for Bristol & London (IIRC) the departure time

Edited by billum

Just now, Kwendo said:

So would you flat out recommend not bothering with Wednesday cos it's too competitive? How big is the difference between how fast Wednesday and Thursday sell out from London/Bristol

See what others think, but I would say that if you went straight in for a Thursday ticket on the stroke of 6pm, you'd stand a *much* better chance than going for Wednesday straight off.... so many of us really value our Wednesdays at the fest... 😄

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Kwendo said:

Sorry if this has already been answered. But does London or Bristol usually sell out first in the coach sale for Wednesday arrival? 

This year lots of Wednesday departures went first, as lots of folks like to get in ASAP.  Of course tricky to extrapolate from that for your specific order and departure point that it will still be available.  

I've chosen Wednesday's before and got first choice. This year in resale I was happy to be flexible and lucky enough that someone got me a Thursday. 

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, billum said:

Yes from what I remember of last year, you pick Wednesday or Thursday before you even go into the 'queue', so after that choice you face hammering away at the holding page of doom (only to go right back to the start to ponder choosing Thursday once all the Wednesday tickets have gone, and then queueing all over again....)

And once you're through for either day you then pick the departure point next, and for Bristol & London (IIRC) the departure time

Another question - How does the site indicate that a departure point is sold out vs. still available?
Are you presented with a list that only shows the available remaining departure points (and times for London/Bristol) -or-
    do you have to take a guess and not find out until you get to the next page?

From memory (2018), you won’t see what’s available til AFTER you choose Wednesday or Thursday. You will then see a range of locations some which will let you select tickets and likely some that will be unavailable or maybe sold out. It’s good coach ticket practice to have a day, then 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice of location. When we went for coach we targeted Thursday from Reading and got lucky pretty fast.

With the timings… you won’t hear what they are until much much later (maybe not until May) and the timings can be nasty. We were in a 6am out which worked great for us as we were already arriving late.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

How do you set up keyboard shortcuts on Chrome i.e. 'R1' for reg 1? I did this last time but I've completely forgotten how to do it

There are several ‘text expander’ Chrome plugins that will do this - a popular one is Magical Text Expander but plenty others too, free ones usually do all you need

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Scrump said:

Can you have two tabs open, one for Wednesday and one for Thursday? Assuming you get through on either of them...will that be allowed?

It would certainly be allowed, but check a page or two page for detailed discussion of refresh rates

• Thanks 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales