ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Reading also has the advantage of releasing the line up before the tickets go on sale proper and day tickets if you don't fancy the weekend. I've always hated the fact that you have to pay the full outlay for Glasto before the line up is announced, although there is always enough to see usually. Being able to go off site to Reading town center is also a massive plus to get food/drink cheaply. 

I don’t see that as an advantage. Glastonbury is unique, the fact it is vastly oversubscribed prove that. Other festivals have to release full line ups to promote sales, Glastonbury doesn’t, the number of stages and variety of acts means it has a wide appeal.  

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I don’t see that as an advantage. Glastonbury is unique, the fact it is vastly oversubscribed prove that. Other festivals have to release full line ups to promote sales, Glastonbury doesn’t, the number of stages and variety of acts means it has a wide appeal.  

But wouldnt you want to see how the fest would do if they did release a lineup before tickets went on sale to further prove its apparent superiority? Coachella has a blind presale in June every year since it went to 2 weekends and sell plenty of tickets before the lineup is out in January. The thing that makes the glasto sell out happen is cause they only ask £50. If they asked full price or payments you wouldnt have 30 min sell outs, especially right now. Glasto is still very underpriced but obviously some people welcome the price increase because it removes lower income folk ( college age  )  from thinking about getting a ticket and lets everyone else ( middle aged ) get their hands on em. Maybe they should just make the fest 35 and over after it reaches £400 in price like I predicted in 5 years.

speaking of the industry being in trouble

Edited by Suprefan

29 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But wouldnt you want to see how the fest would do if they did release a lineup before tickets went on sale to further prove its apparent superiority? Coachella has a blind presale in June every year since it went to 2 weekends and sell plenty of tickets before the lineup is out in January. The thing that makes the glasto sell out happen is cause they only ask £50. If they asked full price or payments you wouldnt have 30 min sell outs, especially right now. Glasto is still very underpriced but obviously some people welcome the price increase because it removes lower income folk ( college age  )  from thinking about getting a ticket and lets everyone else ( middle aged ) get their hands on em. Maybe they should just make the fest 35 and over after it reaches £400 in price like I predicted in 5 years.

Sorry, I tried reading your post but there seems to be some sort of language barrier. All I could understand was “I love Coachella! How can I get Coachella into every single conversation on eFests? I’ve got such a boner for Coachella. I did it, I mentioned Coachella. Woohoo! COACHELLA!”

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Only £5 but an essentially mandatory £10 postage fee and more expensive parking (£50 Vs £36) make them slightly cheaper. 

That'd be £450 plus fees and transport. Making it about a £750 weekend. 

you missed the free programme at glasto  from the price compare.

1 minute ago, faymondo said:

I had always assumed the "free" programme was some kind of tax fiddle or creative accounting ? 

I've never considered those; i can't see how but you might be right.

i always thought it was because you need it to easily access the entertainment. it annoys me when you have to pay extra to find out when the advertised acts are playing.

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Surely today for announcement . Would Glastonbury ever charge for programmes ? I probably don’t get use from mine but take it because it’s free that might also be a way of minimising ticket price increase 

There's a lot of programmes abandoned by punters as soon as they enter the site.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

I've never considered those; i can't see how but you might be right.

i always thought it was because you need it to easily access the entertainment. it annoys me when you have to pay extra to find out when the advertised acts are playing.

The rumour over the years is that by earmarking X pounds of the ticket cost as being for the programme (which now has a face value of I think 20 quid), that part gets zero rated for VAT purposes.

No idea if it's true or not though.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

The rumour over the years is that by earmarking X pounds of the ticket cost as being for the programme (which now has a face value of I think 20 quid), that part gets zero rated for VAT purposes.

No idea if it's true or not though.

the zero rating for vat thing should work.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Glastonbury also gets acts if wouldn’t because of the not announcing the line up , it lets acts have plenty of time to sell there own shows and not have Glastonbury announced 

you're talking bollocks, glastonbury doesn't only sellout quickly cos of the £50 deposit, i reckon it could sell out at full price, for next year straight after this year's fest.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're talking bollocks, glastonbury doesn't only sellout quickly cos of the £50 deposit, i reckon it could sell out at full price, for next year straight after this year's fest.

It would sell out but think it wouldn’t be as quick as previous sales , it’s a lot of money to pay now and if you are a family or a group it would make it harder .

still wouldn’t be a problem to sell out still

Not really. Can't imagine why anyone would care or be interested to be honest

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

It would sell out but think it wouldn’t be as quick as previous sales , it’s a lot of money to pay now and if you are a family or a group it would make it harder .

still wouldn’t be a problem to sell out still

it did sell out at full price just about instantly in a couple of the years before the deposit scheme started.

Glastonbury does it’s utmost to keep prices down, artists accept lower fees and provides a huge range of music and arts to cater for all tastes and ages. No need to release a full line up before the balance is paid. It also means artists can sell their other gigs before announcing for Glastonbury. You just can’t compare it to other similar sized festivals

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales