ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

I seem to remember there was an issue this year with people from abroad receiving their tickets in the post and being allowed to collect them on site, so perhaps in extreme exceptional circumstances you'd be allowed to do that if you missed the coach. That said though if people have paid for their tickets and couldn't get the coach for a genuine reason surely they'd have to allow you to collect the ticket on site? They couldn't turn away fully paid up customers surely?

Just now, missnutmeg said:

We got the coach this year and the coach driver didn’t have anyone’s tickets, but thankfully See Tickets had them at the other end and were ready and waiting for us. I guess if anyone misses the their coach then the driver will just hand in any unclaimed tickets to See at the other end? 🤔

Ah damn! Normally they do have them. Tickets certainly aren't binned but I personally wouldn't want to mess around getting See to give my ticket to me at the fest. I guess it's not well advertised so you don't get people wasting coach slots and collecting it at the festival. I do understand some reasons for missing it are genuine though.

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

That said though if people have paid for their tickets and couldn't get the coach for a genuine reason surely they'd have to allow you to collect the ticket on site? They couldn't turn away fully paid up customers surely?

Other festivals do.

Ultimately - the coach travel being tied to the tickets is a licence requirement, so allowing people to skip that is something that could bite the festival down the line.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

I seem to remember there was an issue this year with people from abroad receiving their tickets in the post and being allowed to collect them on site, so perhaps in extreme exceptional circumstances you'd be allowed to do that if you missed the coach. That said though if people have paid for their tickets and couldn't get the coach for a genuine reason surely they'd have to allow you to collect the ticket on site? They couldn't turn away fully paid up customers surely?

Like I've said I don't think tickets are binned and you can collect them, they're just not encouraging it so people don't waste coach slots, goes against the whole reason they're put on a sale.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah still great value but a big psychological barrier to cross. 

I think the festival has been doing their best to stave off that benchmark price for a few years now and I think it would have been inevitable even without the various increases but I agree, it's a threshold that I know many people are reluctant to cross. Whilst the festival remains as popular though (particularly on the back of a widely publicised successful event this year), the cost won't affect demand...for now

30 minutes ago, Sundance said:

We need the Thingy! 

21 minutes ago, moogster said:

Thingy is not really working due to the special circumstances. Unless something like this happened in the past. Then we may need the Thingy to check that. You're right. I stand corrected.

Latest announcement for current format was the 18th I saw the thingy tweet ... so yeah its late now 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I don't understand why it matters? We know when it'll be and it's just a case of waiting. Them announcing it doesn't change anything 

To be fair, know might be a strong word. Yeah it's 99% the 6th/9th but there's still that 1%. Beyond that we don't know, amongst other things, the total cost, the deposit amount, the coach prices, departure points. There's definitely stuff needs announcing.

Just now, incident said:

To be fair, know might be a strong word. Yeah it's 99% the 6th/9th but there's still that 1%. Beyond that we don't know, amongst other things, the total cost, the deposit amount, the coach prices, departure points. There's definitely stuff needs announcing.

Yeah exactly, the details can matter quite a bit...!

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales