ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

36 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Can’t help but think it’s all getting very over complicated on here? Do keyboard shortcuts really help? Surely the main challenge is getting to the booking page. After that, it’s a case of taking your time, being precise, and praying for no glitches. Trying to speed up the process once on that page can only cause problems. There’s plenty of time to input up to six registrations, and postcodes, calmly and accurately within the time you are allowed.

Now any assistance or shortcuts to the actual booking page.... now THAT would be helpful!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. I’ve got the fear.

It's bordering on paranoia now,  i bet there's less than 30-40% of ticket sales made successfully with all the IT tips and tricks, keyboard shortcuts, vpn's, incognito browsers etc etc. 

F5 is your best bet but saying that last time i was successful in 2019 the pc that i used didn't have any of the above and bought my tickets and then a work colleagues about 5 mins later. purely on browser 20 second refresh 

If your struggling with shortcuts

Use notepad and put reg numbers, post code & card number in there and save the file on the desktop. come tomorrow open the file in a window just big enough to see what you're doing and select text, copy and paste with ctrl-C in notepad (with field highlighted) and ctrl-V into to booking page - quick and typo resistant....

5 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

If your struggling with shortcuts

Use notepad and put reg numbers, post code & card number in there and save the file on the desktop. come tomorrow open the file in a window just big enough to see what you're doing and select text, copy and paste with ctrl-C in notepad (with field highlighted) and ctrl-V into to booking page - quick and typo resistant....

That's how I still play things too. Always triple check for typos on the text file versions too, just in case 😁. I always ask Mrs putz, shared responsibility and all that. 

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Can’t help but think it’s all getting very over complicated on here? Do keyboard shortcuts really help? Surely the main challenge is getting to the booking page. After that, it’s a case of taking your time, being precise, and praying for no glitches. Trying to speed up the process once on that page can only cause problems. There’s plenty of time to input up to six registrations, and postcodes, calmly and accurately within the time you are allowed.

Now any assistance or shortcuts to the actual booking page.... now THAT would be helpful!

Agree. I’ve been successful buying tickets 14 times, only missing out for 2013 (submittted Reg numbers about 20 times but it would NOT progress) and 2019 (a friend got thru first). The only things that really help IMO is luck, F5 to get to booking page and then back/resubmit if you get stuck, plus the number of friends trying for you. Feel my luck will run out this year 😬 Amxious about that bloody payment authorisation stage. Good luck all. 

12 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

Do you need spaces in the postcodes and card numbers?

No

More info: But you can enter a space in the postcode. Doesn’t matter, the database will recognise it. In the early days however it didn’t like a space! 

Edited by phillyfaddle
Adding info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyPutz said:

That's how I still play things too. Always triple check for typos on the text file versions too, just in case 😁. I always ask Mrs putz, shared responsibility and all that. 

Yes always. I once entered the credit card wrong and got a “card not recognised” error. Luckily I could correct and resubmit.  Now I ALWAYS x-check before submitting. It only takes 2 seconds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Something to ease the nerves.

Sell out times since 2002:

2002: 25 days
2003: 26 hrs
2004: 24 hrs
2005: 1 hr 45 mins
2007: 2 hrs
2008: 10.5 weeks (last tickets went on the gates on Thursday)
2009: 4 months
2010: 4 hrs
2013: 1hr 40 mins
2014: 1hr 27 mins
2015: 26 mins
2016: 33 mins
2017: 50 mins
2019: 36 mins
2020: 34 mins

Are there any explanations for:

The sudden change in 03 and 05/0?

And then 08/09 vs 05/07??

3 minutes ago, 6XRy0PnAZHuxifz0LqVp said:

Ability to book online and not by phone in 2005 

2007 was a very, very wet year, amd Jay Z headlined in 2008 which wasn't popular. It was surprising 2009 was so slow though. 

15 minutes ago, 6XRy0PnAZHuxifz0LqVp said:

2002 first year of superfence, maybe people thought they could still bunk in, realised for 03 they had to buy tickets.

System couldn't cope in 04, was beefed up in 05 so it didn't just shit the bed.

08/09 credit crunch. Lots of people affected, plus the washouts in 05 and 07 probably didn't help.

2017 is the longest in recent years, presumably due to the weather in 16 (and maybe Brexit starting to hit the economy?). Or because they bought in the 60 refreshes per min restriction and people who used to just mash f5 were getting locked out.

Edited by Simsy

1 minute ago, ericlered said:

Hi everyone, sorry no doubt this has been asked and answered already but...

If I'm helping another group in the ticket sale, and I get through to the booking / payment page, can I pay the deposits on their behalf? Or does payment have to be made by the lead booker of the group?

Cheers

Yep you can pay just make sure the card details reflect yours and not those of the lead booker when you get to payment 

4 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Did anyone find any evidence if running in an incognito tab made any difference to how the queue worked?

I'd use a tor session but the latency and pumping my debit card number across it makes me think it's a non-starter.

I got through on an incognito tab to choosing departure cities, but then my magic autofiller didn't work on incognito so I had to faff about finding all our reg details again on an Excel sheet and copying and pasting. Not saying it wasted hours, but it was very unhelpful in the rush of it all. Made me realise that I need my back up open at all times for tomorrow.

4 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

|SO what URL should we use?

The one on the website taking you to the holding page

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

or the one we assume if the one where you enter the details, will it work?

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2023-ticket-coach-travel/worthy-farm/2500010

Both probably. Too risky not to!

I know this question has been asked but I can’t find the answer. Is the 60 refreshes per second allowed on each device or is it across multiple devices connected to the same wi fi?

I’ll have 2 laptops connected to my Wi-Fi. 
So would it be 30 refreshes per laptop or 60 each?

3 minutes ago, TrippyDip said:

I know this question has been asked but I can’t find the answer. Is the 60 refreshes per second allowed on each device or is it across multiple devices connected to the same wi fi?

I’ll have 2 laptops connected to my Wi-Fi. 
So would it be 30 refreshes per laptop or 60 each?

per device 

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Agreed. Once you’re in just stay cool like Fonzy and you’ll be good. For 2019 I was in and paying but kept getting bounced back at payment; it turned out I was missing the last 4 digits of my debit card number in the excitement. Lucky I noticed ant we did get sort 🚀

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales