Green Man 2023

March Hare

10 minutes ago, arteet said:

I assume what you were told wasn’t what was announced? 

I think the line up looks alright and I’m excited to be going. I’m not fussed about the headliners though compared to the last couple of years but I think that’s a taste thing. 

Still one headliner left to announce 😉

• Like 1

Quite happy with that - love Spiritualized and haven't seen them for a while.  Love Goat, and plenty lower down to be happy with - and as usual a dig through the unknowns will surface something interesting!

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I had to resell last year as we couldn't make it and Fanticks was complete rubbish.

Most people just used Twickets as the process for fanticks was far too slow, I'd keep an eye on both, but Twickets had more listed but they also sold really, really quick

Interesting . Have heard iffy things about Fanticks but also told GM were recommending ??

I used Twickets to buy for GM in 2019 - all good eventually but spent days just missing out as they were snapped up almost instantly.

Headliners slightly underwhelming for me but plenty on the poster to get excited about. Delving into the playlist at the moment and finding plenty already I want to get more into

I'm taking a stab at Spiritualized being the Thursday headliner and it seems as if they're sticking with the Mountain headliner on the Thursday too which is great. Onto another couple of months of headliner speculation 

Edited by Callum_96

24 minutes ago, bexj said:

Quite happy with that - love Spiritualized and haven't seen them for a while.  Love Goat, and plenty lower down to be happy with - and as usual a dig through the unknowns will surface something interesting!

I saw Spiritualized a fair bit in the early / mid 90s .....then not again until 2018 when on a whim I travelled to Madrid to see them ! Blew my head off ! Since then seen them another 4 times. Always amazing - if I have one criticism its that he insists on playing the latest album in its entirety ... leaving less time for older gems. So many older tracks that I would love to hear him belt out 😊 

Edited by thespiral

17 minutes ago, thespiral said:

I saw Spiritualized a fair bit in the early / mid 90s .....then not again until 2018 when on a whim I travelled to Madrid to see them ! Blew my head off ! Since then seen them another 4 times. Always amazing - if I have one criticism its that he insists on playing the latest album in its entirety ... leaving less time for older gems. So many older tracks that I would love to hear him belt out 😊 

Thanks for the reassurance, its probably been about 10 years since I've seen them, but like you, used to go a lot in the 90s!  Looking forward to hearing some his newer stuff live, but agree, wouldn't it be good if he did a "Greatest Hits" set!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I doubt it will be hard to score a resale ticket with this lineup

Well I’d say across social media response has been in the main very positive. Can’t see a deluge of resell tickets myself.

Always somebody won’t be happy but that’s the nature of the beast . And of course always a number of resells as people circumstances change.

I must say im pretty happy with the line up, but i can see why people are abit underwhelmed. For me the line up is pretty stacked and im more than happy with it, especially Bob Vylan, The Bug Club and PVA. Bring on the unnannoucned final headliner!! Who do we think that is then?

Happy with Slowdive, Squid, The Bug Club, Melin Melyn, Snail Mail, Warmduscher, Sudan Archives, Sorry and Clipping. Really underwhelming headliners (so far) but there's more than enough there already! Can't wait until August and looking forward to delving into the lineup in the meantime.

Really struggling with this one, plenty that im interested in seeing (mostly people ive seen before, spiritualized, walkmen, squid, comet, young fathers etc) but not much that is really getting me THAT excited(except goat, they are always mesmerising). Maybe the suggestion of some mega coup got my hopes up too high. Just had a cursory listen through the ones i dont know, and so many feel really bland. So far only really crows of the first listens have really grabbed me. Any suggestions of must sees would be massively appreciated. Dont want to give up too soon but can definitely feel my attention drifting to what might be on at other festivals. Always loved GM but kinda feel like it might have peaked in 2018 and lineups have felt increasingly less interesting since, obviously will have a great time regardless, but just want to feel excited by the music

Really like the line up. Huge variety.

I think the most exciting or interesting bookings are clipping., Dur-Dur Band and L’Etran de L’Air.  Headliners could have been a hell of a lot worse given other U.K. festival line ups - DEVO particularly exciting given this will be their first U.K. show in AGES (I think since 2009?).  

Very happy with Slowdive, Les Savy Fav, Sudan Archives, Jockstrap, julie, Anna B Savage, Julie Byrne, Gilla Band, Lankum, Young Fathers, Snail Mail, Beth Orton, Mega Bog, Deathcrash, Yasmin Williams, Juni Habel, Daniel Avery, Marie Davidson and James Holden.  If Les Savy Fav or Gilla Band headline Walled Garden one day that’s got set off the weekend potential. 

Wasn’t aware of Horace Andy but am told he has legendary status so that’s on me!  Should be a fun set by the sounds of things.  Arushi Jain also sounds very cool from first few listens.

Credit also to the GM bookers who got DEVO, Walkmen and Delgados, all of whom are pretty rare (appreciate Delgados are at a few other U.K. fests this year though). 

Excited to see who the final headliner is…

Edited by lessthanwill1

9 hours ago, Coopa said:

Really struggling with this one, plenty that im interested in seeing (mostly people ive seen before, spiritualized, walkmen, squid, comet, young fathers etc) but not much that is really getting me THAT excited(except goat, they are always mesmerising). Maybe the suggestion of some mega coup got my hopes up too high. Just had a cursory listen through the ones i dont know, and so many feel really bland. So far only really crows of the first listens have really grabbed me. Any suggestions of must sees would be massively appreciated. Dont want to give up too soon but can definitely feel my attention drifting to what might be on at other festivals. Always loved GM but kinda feel like it might have peaked in 2018 and lineups have felt increasingly less interesting since, obviously will have a great time regardless, but just want to feel excited by the music

don't believe everything you hear on efests!

I'm a fan of the line up personally. Booking Devo is a left field choice and should be commended imo.

26 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm a fan of the line up personally. Booking Devo is a left field choice and should be commended imo.

I don't think it's even been mentioned that it's going to be (supposedly) their penultimate ever UK show.

It does feel jolting to come from, say, seeing Facebook friends who are also going where all the replies are people deeply envious of the strength throughout of the line-up to come back here and find a string of "nothing special"s. Clearly something happened with a significant headliner, likely either a change in YYY's travel plans as rumoured or not being able to work things out with Boygenius because the timing of their dates/ticket sales and this delayed announcement is very suspicious, and we may even up with another Yo La Tengo situation, but this is why I spent the last few weeks warning people who were assuming it'd be the supposed "Other Stage-level headliner" on flimsy premises. It reminded me of eavesdropping on the Secret Garden Party 2022 thread.

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I don't think it's even been mentioned that it's going to be (supposedly) their penultimate ever UK show.

It does feel jolting to come from, say, seeing Facebook friends who are also going where all the replies are people deeply envious of the strength throughout of the line-up to come back here and find a string of "nothing special"s. Clearly something happened with a significant headliner, likely either a change in YYY's travel plans as rumoured or not being able to work things out with Boygenius because the timing of their dates/ticket sales and this delayed announcement is very suspicious, and we may even up with another Yo La Tengo situation, but this is why I spent the last few weeks warning people who were assuming it'd be the supposed "Other Stage-level headliner" on flimsy premises. It reminded me of eavesdropping on the Secret Garden Party 2022 thread.

Yep, definitely. I'm not even a huge Devo fan, but I know the impact they've had on so many bands, including loads of 'windmill' / London bands that fill much of the EOTR/GM line ups these days. They're a great get for me and im interested in seeing them whilst they're still around. YYYs will be touring elsewhere likely, and Boygenius there's two other dates (London ruled out if you're at GM).

We've been chatting about it on the other place and we think there's maybe an act simply not ready to announce stuff yet. But like you said it could be a case someone has dropped off.

23 hours ago, thespiral said:

Interesting . Have heard iffy things about Fanticks but also told GM were recommending ??

I used Twickets to buy for GM in 2019 - all good eventually but spent days just missing out as they were snapped up almost instantly.

I used Fanticks in 2021 and it was perfectly fine, but their alert system is rubbish.