Boardmasters 2023

stanh

3 hours ago, incident said:

If Reading is the GCSE results party, Boardmasters is the A Level results party.

felt younger when i went, definitely not much older than reading.

theres definitely a lot more older people like 20s-early 30s there than r&l and this appeals to that obviously. LG is still a huge draw for indie people, but tbh reading has killers and fender this year which is pretty hard to top

boardmasters always books strange lineups, never very coherent. think this is solid, it always sells well anyway

I think it's a good headline trio, but definitely still seeing a few feel it's a poor lineup as a whole. 

Curious. Would have thought Florence + The Machine potentially the odd one out for demographic, if only because Liam Gallagher can stack his set with Oasis material that transcends time in terms of cultural pull.

Lorde was definitely a bit of a last minute decision wasn't she. I reckon they were after someone else and it fell through but she is quite a random name to be last minute so maybe not? Not really doing much else

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Lorde was definitely a bit of a last minute decision wasn't she. I reckon they were after someone else and it fell through but she is quite a random name to be last minute so maybe not? Not really doing much else

She's just been announced for Parades de Coura in Portugal for the week after Boardmasters. Possibly her new album could be before then? 

5 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Do we usually get any more names or is that it now? If so when usually? 

Last year this announcement we've just had was early March, then De La Soul (Land of Saints headliner) were added at the end of March, then there was a final announcement with stage splits and some filler acts first week of August, would expect a similar timeframe again this year - doubt they'll be in a rush to announce anything else until closer to the event, especially with day tickets almost sold out too now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all. My Niece has been paying with the monthly plan, which stated £48 per month will be taken out each month with the final payment being 28th April. They have attempted to take £61 instead, of which she didn't have so it declined.

Does anyone know what this could be or if its a mistake or have had similar? I've tried to check the terms and can't see a reason for it. 

The image shows that they were only supposed to take the £48.

Thanks in advance x

IMG-20230428-WA0006.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, Stokesy10 said:

Hey all. My Niece has been paying with the monthly plan, which stated £48 per month will be taken out each month with the final payment being 28th April. They have attempted to take £61 instead, of which she didn't have so it declined.

Does anyone know what this could be or if its a mistake or have had similar? I've tried to check the terms and can't see a reason for it. 

The image shows that they were only supposed to take the £48.

Thanks in advance x

IMG-20230428-WA0006.jpg

best bet is contacting them to reinstate the ticket 🙂 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...