Boardmasters 2023

stanh

30 minutes ago, Ljs1981 said:

Hoping for one of the following to be the 3rd Headliner

Calvin Harris, Faithless, Stormzy, Dave

there are others I would really like but think with there already being 2 headliners that are indie/rock the 3rd will be a Dance or Rap act

Stormzy is exclusive to All Points East, Calvin Harris I'd say is too expensive and too big for Boardmasters, especially when they already have LG and Florence, it is looking unlikely that Dave will be doing shows next year, then don't really think Faithless would be the right booking (especially headline) for Boardies.

1 minute ago, stanh said:

Stormzy is exclusive to All Points East, Calvin Harris I'd say is too expensive and too big for Boardmasters, especially when they already have LG and Florence, it is looking unlikely that Dave will be doing shows next year, then don't really think Faithless would be the right booking (especially headline) for Boardies.

calvin at creamfields

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Surely boardmasters can afford calvin if they wish? DJs are in general a lot cheaper to book than bands - surely hes no more than like Kings of Leon who've done reading loads of times

I believe he was charging £2million per show

EDIT - But like I've said before it's all relative, size of the event, if he has other options, if he's wanting to do any dates. It's not like things are set in stone. But I believe that was his fee for major festival headline slot before. 

As Boardmasters is, what, 50k? I would imagine his rate wouldn't be as high. 

Edited by luckysalt

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hi all. Trying to do my niece a huge favour - does anyone know anyone selling (or know where I could look for) a Weds-Mon Board Masters ticket?

Thanks in advance 🙂

`Not the answer you want but best to wait till july/august, they will be well under face value. tixel is their official (well was in 2021) resale channel

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emi10 said:

know it wouldnt make that much sense considering they already have 2 indie headliners, but am sure the 1975 will be doing friday, matty said they were doing a uk festival run this summer and they have only been announced for trnsmt

He said they’re doing a couple of festivals.  Can’t see why they’d not have been announced if they were playing this.  I’d guess it’s TRSMT and Glasto

could see them doing a manchester park and calling that a festival although again would likely have been announced by now. community / their own standalone gig that final day of finsbury thats free?

Would be shocked if they accept other headline / pyramid sub, feel like it would be quite silly of them

On 12/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, gfa said:

could see them doing a manchester park and calling that a festival although again would likely have been announced by now. community / their own standalone gig that final day of finsbury thats free?

Would be shocked if they accept other headline / pyramid sub, feel like it would be quite silly of them

imo they are def at a level where they could headline, esp with the positive reception of the live shows. they have to be doing something other than trnsmt - i feel like boardies is the only actual one they could be doing as it seems v late to announce something like finsbury - from what ive heard it took them 6+ months to shift like 80% of the tickets?

8 hours ago, emi10 said:

imo they are def at a level where they could headline, esp with the positive reception of the live shows. they have to be doing something other than trnsmt - i feel like boardies is the only actual one they could be doing as it seems v late to announce something like finsbury - from what ive heard it took them 6+ months to shift like 80% of the tickets?

Slightly better undercard and they'd be fine at finsbury but yeah no reason why it wouldn't be announced yet I think. Maybe waiting till after their tour but its sold out anyway i think

Boardmasters is very unlikely to get 3 indie headliners i think

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder who this final headliner could be then... wonder if it could maybe be Fred Again?

Liam on the exclusive + Florence can't have been cheap so Fred would be a cheaper option but is heavily in demand and would be his first UK festival headline