Boardmasters 2023

stanh

38 minutes ago, Will b said:

But they clearly have the money and draw to attract bigger headliners (the stuff you’d expect at reading/parklife/iow even glasto sized headliners - just next year I don’t want them to lose the undercard and have really odd picks for subs eg the lathums 3rd down or Tom Grennan subbing 

Gorillaz yes that’s a big pick but foals played truck (a 20k capacity festival) a couple years back - woudlnt exactly put them in the same catagory as George Ezra kings of Leon etc

They also headlined the other stage, co-headlined reading etc. truck is where they are from - its different. they headlined APE the same year for instance which is 45k (ezra did finsbury this year which is the same size)

22 hours ago, gfa said:

They also headlined the other stage, co-headlined reading etc. truck is where they are from - its different. they headlined APE the same year for instance which is 45k (ezra did finsbury this year which is the same size)

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have headlined - they were acc what I was saying would be a reasonable sized headliner for a 50k capacity. Just wouldn’t put them in the same class as gorillaz kol George Ezra 1975 or Florence etc 

in-other words I’d see the above all as MSE headliners at reading but foals / disclosure / jorja would be MSW 

Edited by Will b

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Will b said:

Surely pulp are a shout too seeing how many uk festivals they’re doing 

Couple of major obstacles there. Firstly, all of the festivals and gigs they're doing are promoted by Live Nation or their partners SJM so there's likely some agreement in place that prevents other promoters getting a look in. Secondly, as things stand it doesn't look like the tour is going past July.

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Prodigy are still a draw going on their recent tour. Not arenas but a LOT of dates sold out. So probably a good smaller end headliner.

They were instant sell outs as well. They've just announced they will be on your again in 2023, but no other details given as to if that means festival circuit, club venues, arenas or the lot

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

They were instant sell outs as well. They've just announced they will be on your again in 2023, but no other details given as to if that means festival circuit, club venues, arenas or the lot

It was a small tour though only 2 dates at Brixton for London. Someone like Phoebe Bridgers did more than that and they instantly sold out (3 dates i think?) but nobody is saying she should headline other?

I think its hard to judge how big they are yet based off a small academy comeback tour which was testing the waters. If Kasabian aren't headlining medium fests outright on their second year e.g. co-headlined Neighbourhood Weekender with Blossoms and are subbing TRNSMT, i struggle to see the argument that Prodigy can headline Other.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

It was a small tour though only 2 dates at Brixton for London. Someone like Phoebe Bridgers did more than that and they instantly sold out (3 dates i think?) but nobody is saying she should headline other?

I think its hard to judge how big they are yet based off a small academy comeback tour which was testing the waters. If Kasabian aren't headlining medium fests outright on their second year e.g. co-headlined Neighbourhood Weekender with Blossoms and are subbing TRNSMT, i struggle to see the argument that Prodigy can headline Other.

pretty sure the Prodigy done 3 nights at Brixton all of which sold out but I do get your point  I still think they would headline mid sized fest's though, I don't think they would accept lower

40 minutes ago, atomised said:

pretty sure the Prodigy done 3 nights at Brixton all of which sold out but I do get your point  I still think they would headline mid sized fest's though, I don't think they would accept lower

Not sure, Kasabian were doing lower and worked up a bit so i think the prodigy may end up being the same. Remains to be seen, they are widely touted to being doing the other headline slot

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dukey said:

Friday - Florence & the Machine 

Saturday - Chemical Brothers

Sunday - The Strokes 

maybe? 

I said about a year ago nothing would get me back to boardmasters except the strokes and chems!