stanh

4 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Strokes 

Sam Fender 

N-Dubs (sold out 4 nights at O2)

Arctic Monkeys 

HAIM 

Liam G

N dubz aren’t getting booked, crowd is slightly too young at boardies for it to work.

AM too big

Boardmasters have a lot of choices for next year. just saw some tiktok and got me thinking

Kasabian / 1975 / Strokes

Bicep (if still about) / Prodigy / Chems

Skepta / another rapper / capaldi

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn’t surprise me to see stormzy, Florence, the strokes or 1975 there 

purely going off the list on the survey for the 2022 acts, they also had Liam g, Stereophonics, royal blood, arcade fire, tame impala, lorde, Dave, childish gambino and Ed Sheeran on there…. I know this means very little cause it was for 2022 bur it’s good to throw names around 

1 hour ago, Will b said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see stormzy, Florence, the strokes or 1975 there 

purely going off the list on the survey for the 2022 acts, they also had Liam g, Stereophonics, royal blood, arcade fire, tame impala, lorde, Dave, childish gambino and Ed Sheeran on there…. I know this means very little cause it was for 2022 bur it’s good to throw names around 

Ed Sheeran would be too big

• 3 weeks later...

I could see something like 

THE STROKES / Haim / Metremony / Giggs / Camelphat

TAME IMPALA / Two Door Cinema Club / the streets / Mabel / dj ez

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE / Aj Tracey / Mura masa / nothing but thieves / wilkinson

with the italics headlining the LOS and final act headlining unleashed 

13 hours ago, Will b said:

I could see something like 

THE STROKES / Haim / Metremony / Giggs / Camelphat

TAME IMPALA / Two Door Cinema Club / the streets / Mabel / dj ez

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE / Aj Tracey / Mura masa / nothing but thieves / wilkinson

with the italics headlining the LOS and final act headlining unleashed 

I said i'd never go back after last years travel issues but this would probably do it to be fair.

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Bastille subbed msw in 2022 and tdcc subbed msE in 2021

This thread is for Boardmasters, not Reading and Leeds mate.

TDCC I think could headline Boardies though, much bigger than Bastille/The Wombats/The Kooks - would be a decent option for a cheaper booking that is also a crowd pleaser.

Based off the last few years i think two door is pretty unlikely. They've been making big bookings i can't see tdcc being booked. If they got say AM or another stupid big headliner then they could do a cheaper option but it would likely be someone new rather than a stagnant indie band (last 2 albums have been dogshit as well)

On 9/18/2022 at 3:51 PM, stanh said:

9-13 August 2023 I'd assume

Yea I reckon so too, I’m on holiday so that’s this rules out for me!

I definitely want to go one year though. The headliners always seem a big all over the place for me though (in terms of size), I can never get a grasp on what calibre acts they can pull.

On 9/19/2022 at 7:33 PM, Jack.194 said:

Yea I reckon so too, I’m on holiday so that’s this rules out for me!

I definitely want to go one year though. The headliners always seem a big all over the place for me though (in terms of size), I can never get a grasp on what calibre acts they can 

they need to get their act together and meet in the middle of 2021 (headliners you’d expect from a 50k capacity festival but with a stacked undercard) and 2022 (massive headliners but pretty poor undercard)

1 minute ago, Will b said:

they need to get their act together and meet in the middle of 2021 (headliners you’d expect from a 50k capacity festival but with a stacked undercard) and 2022 (massive headliners but pretty poor undercard)

surely this is what they should be going for given thats how big they are???

Gorillaz and Foals aren't exactly small picks, Jorja is on the smaller side though maybe

Thing is they always stack the undercard weirdly and have a massive second stage headliner that lots of people cannot see. Its selling well recently so i'm sure they are happy

13 hours ago, gfa said:

surely this is what they should be going for given thats how big they are???

But they clearly have the money and draw to attract bigger headliners (the stuff you’d expect at reading/parklife/iow even glasto sized headliners - just next year I don’t want them to lose the undercard and have really odd picks for subs eg the lathums 3rd down or Tom Grennan subbing 

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Gorillaz and Foals aren't exactly small picks, Jorja is on the smaller side though maybe

Gorillaz yes that’s a big pick but foals played truck (a 20k capacity festival) a couple years back - woudlnt exactly put them in the same catagory as George Ezra kings of Leon etc