Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

30 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

on instagram stories it says lorde will be before macklemore.

i really dont get it. yes, he could be a great party, but she needs the night atmosphire imo to make a hugh show.

They’ve swapped them at the request of @Matt86 😅

5 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Agreed. That's ruined it for me. She should have been the closing act... 

That means Lorde will only get 75 minutes and Macklemore will get 90. I didn't realise Macklemore had enough songs to fill a 90minute show..

Have you been to one of his shows? He does lot of talking, so I guess there will be lot of monologues about inner power and bravery etc

17 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Agreed. That's ruined it for me. She should have been the closing act... 

That means Lorde will only get 75 minutes and Macklemore will get 90. I didn't realise Macklemore had enough songs to fill a 90minute show..

No way is Lorde appearing before Macklemore. Not. A. Chance.

Macklemore was "one solo" headliner for Sziget 2017. I don't know why do you have so many doubts about him, and he also headlined big festivals as Roskilde in 2016. Regarding if he is old fashioned, we could say the same with M&S, Florence, David Guetta, even Imagine Dragons. Only Lorde and Billie are on their peaks.

Edited by davidoffescassi

11 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Macklemore was "one solo" headliner for Sziget 2017. I don't know why do you have so many doubts about him, and he also headlined big festivals as Roskilde in 2016. Regarding if he is old fashioned, we could say the same with M&S, Florence, David Guetta, even Imagine Dragons. Only Lorde and Billie are on their peaks.

2016/17 is a long time ago on the festival scene, sziget is supposed to be a major festival. Macklemore doesn't headline major festivals no more. Whilst mumford and sons, Florence and imagine dragons are still headlining major festivals. 

Macklemore is a wasted headline spot. 

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, branvan said:

Macklemore & Mumford&Sons. Very old fascioned. To say it politely... 

Being old fashioned isn't a issue with headline spots, only if they still deserve one from a selling stand point. 

Rock werchter 2022 for example had Metallica, RHCP and pearl Jam and those are hardly relevant. This year werchter have Muse and QOTSA, hardly relevant. Glastonbury have guns n roses and elton john, again hardly relevant. Roskilde have Blur headlining, another hardly relevant. 

Macklemore doesn't have the same current selling point to headline.major festivals, that's why he is only playing non major festivals. 

Edited by thetime

How would you rate this lineup on scale 1-5 ? 

I would give fist announcement 3/4, was quite happy with it. Today's 2/3 max. Lorde is a fine addition (unless she is not playing last on the main stage, that would completely ruin her "theater" show) and 2 headliners 10 years past prime. A couple of decent names but not a single quitar artist, with plenty of names left out around at the time (Christine and the Queens, Tove lo, Wet leg, first aid kit..) I'm looking at the poster and  I'm like "Who are all these people?" and I've been following festivals for years.

3/5 overall, on a good day. I bet there will be cheap festival tickets on Ticketswap days prior.

Edited by activean

6 minutes ago, activean said:

How would you rate this lineup on scale 1-5 ? 

I would give fist announcement 3/4, was quite happy with it. Today's 2/3 max. Lorde is a fine addition (unless she is not playing last on the main stage, that would completely ruin her "theater" show) and 2 headliners 10 years past prime. A couple of decent names but not a single quitar artist, with plenty of names left out around at the time (Christine and the Queens, Tove lo, Wet leg, first aid kit..) I'm looking at the poster and  I'm like "Who are all these people?" and I've been following festivals for years.

3/5 overall, on a good day. I bet there will be cheap festival tickets on Ticketswap days prior.

I'd tend to agree. First announcement a solid 3.5 whereas today is probably a 2. So many acts around that have been missed. I'd love to know why Mumford has been chosen over Blur, for example. 

I look at my 2019 plastic pint pot with a line-up I absolutely loved (our first visit) and we were running from stage to stage. That won't happen this year although, I've got to say, I prefer this year's line-up to 2022. I'd take Mumford and Sons over Justin Bieber every day of the week. Just.

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

No way is Lorde appearing before Macklemore. Not. A. Chance.

I saw Macklemore at Sziget in 2019. It was great fun and it was still during the daylight (coheadline with the national was it?) . For me, Lorde is a closing act and she should have the last slot- the other way round would be a bit disappointing.

58 minutes ago, thetime said:

Being old fashioned isn't a issue with headline spots, only if they still deserve one from a selling stand point. 

Rock werchter 2022 for example had Metallica, RHCP and pearl Jam and those are hardly relevant. This year werchter have Muse and QOTSA, hardly relevant. Glastonbury have guns n roses and elton john, again hardly relevant. Roskilde have Blur headlining, another hardly relevant. 

Macklemore doesn't have the same current selling point to headline.major festivals, that's why he is only playing non major festivals. 

it's interesting imo. he isn't a ticket seller at all, but it does seem he attracts a really big crowd amongst those that already have a ticket. maybe the organisers see him as a good option cus he's a nice bonus, rather than the main attraction 

Just now, jkerr4412 said:

it's interesting imo. he isn't a ticket seller at all, but it does seem he attracts a really big crowd amongst those that already have a ticket. maybe the organisers see him as a good option cus he's a nice bonus, rather than the main attraction 

But then why is he playing in the last slot? I just checked the instagram story and he’s definitely got a 90 minute slot at 21:15 and Lorde is playing before him with 75 minutes. The other way round would have been far more preferable to allow Lorde to do her full show…

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

But then why is he playing in the last slot? I just checked the instagram story and he’s definitely got a 90 minute slot at 21:15 and Lorde is playing before him with 75 minutes. The other way round would have been far more preferable to allow Lorde to do her full show…

i'm surprised at that tbf. if it's not for logistical reasons i'd have to guess it was something to do with how small the crowd was for the national in comparison to macklemore in 2019. although that surely wouldn't be the case with lorde 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkerr4412 said:

i'm surprised at that tbf. if it's not for logistical reasons i'd have to guess it was something to do with how small the crowd was for the national in comparison to macklemore in 2019. although that surely wouldn't be the case with lorde 

loved that combination, we came from a38 and easily got a spot in the second row

3 day tickets are 250€. I would struggle to pick any three days worth the price, let alone three in a row. And I'm talking "objectively" - size of the acts over personal preference.

And I'm ok with shitty, uninspired headliners, if the undercard is stacked, but it sadly isn't (yet). Mumfords aside, with so many fresh (Turnstile, Boygenius, Wet Leg, Nova Twins, Dry Cleaning, Kennyhoopla) and more established acts around as well (King Gizz, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Gaz Coombes), it really leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, clasher said:

3 day tickets are 250€. I would struggle to pick any three days worth the price, let alone three in a row. And I'm talking "objectively" - size of the acts over personal preference.

And I'm ok with shitty, uninspired headliners, if the undercard is stacked, but it sadly isn't (yet). Mumfords aside, with so many fresh (Turnstile, Boygenius, Wet Leg, Nova Twins, Dry Cleaning, Kennyhoopla) and more established acts around as well (King Gizz, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Gaz Coombes), it really leaves a lot to be desired.

I think the Boygenius one is the most surprising. Really feels like someone's seriously dropped the ball to not have them there. Pretty available in Europe for the dates, exciting, relevant and probably reasonably cheap for their slot. Thought it was nailed on 

A look to the future: What more can we realistically expect?

Main Stage: 3 more names, but it will be local artist

FreeDome: 5 spots open, could be something solid?

Arena: Only 4 DJs confirmed, a lot yet to come

Colosseum: 10 confirmed, maybe still some relatively strong names, already looking good

+ Number of confirmed artist on other stages: 7 Europa stage (promising so far), 6 DropYard, 4 Global village

Btw, why is Ben Böhmer on main stage, feels like there are 3 other stages he would fit better, now it feels like a wasted slot ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clasher said:

Exactly. Last year in April I bought 3 day ticket for 215e and got to see Dua Lipa, Kings of Leon, Justin Bieber, Stromae and plenty other great acts. Now not even close. 

Now it makes a lot of sense why they moved festival for one day for Billie. Imagine lineup without her. 

This might be a hot take, but I really do not care who is playing at Sziget. whoever they book will be plenty of fun because the vibe of people at Sziget is sooo good. Far better than any other festival I've been to

yeah I think the headliners kinda suck, but no way im going a year without Sziget. its an incredible festival and I don't get anything like it in America except for maybe Bonnaroo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cranjis said:

This might be a hot take, but I really do not care who is playing at Sziget. whoever they book will be plenty of fun because the vibe of people at Sziget is sooo good. Far better than any other festival I've been to

yeah I think the headliners kinda suck, but no way im going a year without Sziget. its an incredible festival and I don't get anything like it in America except for maybe Bonnaroo. 

Exactly, will enjoy festival with my friends and since I didnt buy Prime ticket, I can buy very cheap ticket from Ticketswap at last moment. There will be plenty of sellers, last year it was incredibly cheap.

1 hour ago, clasher said:

I think you will easily find cheaper tickets on ticketswap than on the official website because of this "stellar" lineup