Trainwreck:Woodstock '99 Netflix Doc

glimmers_of_hope

I never have and never would urinate on the land, but I was dangerously tempted after Wet Leg up in the Park. Became a photo finish as I finally got into the urinal... Nearly ended up with a wet leg myself!

Agree with what was said further up that there just aren't enough toilets up that way.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

• 1 year later...

Just bought the Green Day 30yr boxset and in there is a set from Woodstock 94 and its clear from the recording that things were pretty bad then as well, sounds like a lot of bad behaviour and potential for trouble. Going to see if there any videos of that year around - the writing for 99 was on the wall.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:32 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

While I agree with this to an extent when it comes to leaving tents behind etc, it doesn't seem to be working on the pissing on the land issue (wasn't there this year but from what I've read here).

As someone who used to go to T in the Park I don't think Glastonbury is that bad for it. At T in the Park was just the accepted norm to piss on the land. Any fence was basically an unofficial urinal and the lassies were just about as bad as the guys. Been to 5 or 6 Glastonbury's and only seen one woman pissing in public. 

I used to enjoy T in the Park, but it was a real eye opener going to my first Glastonbury and realising how much of a nicer environment a festival can be. 

2 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Just bought the Green Day 30yr boxset and in there is a set from Woodstock 94 and its clear from the recording that things were pretty bad then as well, sounds like a lot of bad behaviour and potential for trouble. Going to see if there any videos of that year around - the writing for 99 was on the wall.

It wasnt even close to that bad. The weather was the deal in 94. So everyone was just being stupid cause it was a mud pit. Much better lineup that wasnt such a bro fest anyway. 

4 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

As someone who used to go to T in the Park I don't think Glastonbury is that bad for it. At T in the Park was just the accepted norm to piss on the land. Any fence was basically an unofficial urinal and the lassies were just about as bad as the guys. Been to 5 or 6 Glastonbury's and only seen one woman pissing in public. 

I used to enjoy T in the Park, but it was a real eye opener going to my first Glastonbury and realising how much of a nicer environment a festival can be. 

People used to piss on our tent - when we were inside - at T in the Park. You could hear it and smell it splashing into the fabric close to your head. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

People used to piss on our tent - when we were inside - at T in the Park. You could hear it and smell it splashing into the fabric close to your head. 

T in the park just became a rite of passage for school leavers up here. Spoilt it for the majority. Loads of 16/17 year olds at their first festival unable to handle the substances and drink. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

T in the park just became a rite of passage for school leavers up here. Spoilt it for the majority. Loads of 16/17 year olds at their first festival unable to handle the substances and drink. 

Was a real shame that. Great festival when I went in the 00s.

You can see why they shifted to the TRNSMT model. It still is a rite of passage but at least the organisers stop being responsible past 11pm.

21 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It wasnt even close to that bad. The weather was the deal in 94. So everyone was just being stupid cause it was a mud pit. Much better lineup that wasnt such a bro fest anyway. 

See that's the impression I got from seeing footage of it a few years back. Green Day at Woodstock 94 was mayhem but it almost ended up being one of the band's iconic sets because of it, and even then, that wasn't down to a disastrously organised festival like 99 but one that just wasn't ready for the soggy stuff.

Apparently there was a story Nine Inch Nails were similarly muddy as f**k at 94, plus Primus playing "My Name is Mud" leading to some mud flinging.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:40 AM, charlierc said:

See that's the impression I got from seeing footage of it a few years back. Green Day at Woodstock 94 was mayhem but it almost ended up being one of the band's iconic sets because of it, and even then, that wasn't down to a disastrously organised festival like 99 but one that just wasn't ready for the soggy stuff.

Apparently there was a story Nine Inch Nails were similarly muddy as f**k at 94, plus Primus playing "My Name is Mud" leading to some mud flinging.

I found the set on you tube earlier, only had time to watch the first minute or so, but will watch it all soon, there are some strange sounds and comments on the records, so looking forward to seeing what they actually mean 🙂

On 10/28/2023 at 1:17 AM, found home in 2009 said:

The one time I went to T in the Park, a girl went behind an ice cream van, squatted down and had a massive poo.

So sad about t in the park. Most folk thought that at last we had a decent festival with top bands to rival other festivals in the U.K. only for it to get spoiled by this influx of mostly school leavers and idiots let loose on drink and drugs that they just couldn’t handle. Transmt is good but just really a succession of outdoor gigs, no real festival vibe.