Volunteering 2023

neil93

Sold out already. Got through. Payment page said 'Sorry...' etc

Was in bang on 11am. Had payment all ready to paste if Google pay wasn't an option. 

Can't believe it went in less than 10 seconds?

Edited by JezzaBelle

Keep checking the page as for some reason it has allowed me and my mate to both buy another friend a oxfam place 🤷‍♂️ I didnt think it was possible so oxfam may cancel one of them soon

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Keep checking the page as for some reason it has allowed me and my mate to both buy another friend a oxfam place 🤷‍♂️ I didnt think it was possible so oxfam may cancel one of them soon

Same here

2 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Managed to get in for our one bang on 11am. 

We have actually been charged twice so technically got in twice.

Keep an eye on spaces coming back on ??

In other news, congrats on the ticket win, you've been really methodical and thorough in sourcing alternative routes into the festival (based on your messages on here) so you definitely deserve it, good on you! 

• Like 1

got through for my son, he got through as well so bought twice. He's now had a 3rd confirmation email so seems someone else got one for him as well, but no idea who. He's shitting himself now thinking they will cancel all 3, doesn't know what to do

Just now, faymondo said:

Same here

weird .....the payment page crashed at first but a refresh sorted it, then it said payment declined so refreshed again and then needed approval on my phone app but then it went through haha

• Upvote 1

Just now, Havors said:

OMG! i cant stop shaking! I managed to get a spot finally! 

They have take 2 payments though so maybe there will be a spot open up when i get one refunded. 

woop! fantastic stuff! persistence sometimes chisels out a sliver of luck, good on you! 

My partner and I are both in! Neither of us have ever volunteered at a festival before (done plenty of bar work, although not at Glasto), but more than happy to do it this year if it means we can be there…and I get to keep up my streak of being at every Glasto since 2005! Can’t believe it! So happy! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, mazola said:

got through for my son, he got through as well so bought twice. He's now had a 3rd confirmation email so seems someone else got one for him as well, but no idea who. He's shitting himself now thinking they will cancel all 3, doesn't know what to do

That's interesting to hear. I wonder when they will release the duplicate bookings? My OH was able to get one for himself but not for me. I tried too but got nowhere near 😕

18 minutes ago, Havors said:

They have take 2 payments though so maybe there will be a spot open up when i get one refunded. 

Congratulations! So chuffed for you, see you in the Oxfield!

11 minutes ago, ced221_ said:

Has anyone managed to get a ticket past oxfam saying they are sold out?

Not today but I got one about half an hour I think after the initial allocation sold out last year, so worth it to keep trying.

Edited by oakdown
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Havors said:

Nice one! Where there’s a strong desire, you’ll always get there in the end! 😀😀

12 minutes ago, chestwig said:

No festivals available again. Could this mean some going back into pot?

For sure they'll be checking and sending subsequent confirmations. By the looks of things, there might be a handful of duplicates going back in, but that will be ad-hoc and unannounced. Wouldn't expect much to show up until this PM at the earliest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leej7 said:

For sure they'll be checking and sending subsequent confirmations. By the looks of things, there might be a handful of duplicates going back in, but that will be ad-hoc and unannounced. Wouldn't expect much to show up until this PM at the earliest.

Yeah, most likely after they have re-activated the profiles. Probably late tonight or tomorrow if I had to guess

Well done to everyone that was successful, I managed to get in when Glastonbury was available but couldn't get past the Proceed button. I'll be keeping an eye out sporadically for the odd spot popping up, but my hopes of me at the festival this year are rapidly waning.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

In other news, congrats on the ticket win, you've been really methodical and thorough in sourcing alternative routes into the festival (based on your messages on here) so you definitely deserve it, good on you! 

Thanks. Gotta keep trying eh. 

Another duplication situation here so there is bound to be some back in the pot later today. In our case, myself and my friend both managed to pay for a ticket. Two payments taken. However, she has had FOUR confirmation emails,with four different placement codes 🤣

They've obviously got an administration nightmare on their hands so like others have said they obviously need to come up with a plan of action first. They've told her they will be in touch with a decision about what happens next so might be a little while before they release any. We also wanted one for her other half but unfortunately he didn't get one, she has of course asked if one of the placements could be moved into his name...they haven't ruled it out so that's positive. Keeping fingers crossed for you all top!! I'll keep you posted on what they say to her. Might give you an indication on times...

• Upvote 1