Volunteering 2023

neil93

16 hours ago, Aragorn said:

I've been offered post festival shifts with recycling. Anyone done it before? 

Yes I have. What team are you on? I'm team 1. We basically cleaned up the campsites Tues - Thursday, 8-5pm with a lunch break. Its hard work but rewarding x

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Yes I have. What team are you on? I'm team 1. We basically cleaned up the campsites Tues - Thursday, 8-5pm with a lunch break. Its hard work but rewarding x

not sure yet as I only got the deets through last night 🙂 

On 4/20/2023 at 8:41 AM, pie_and_a_pint said:

Got my shifts through. After 5 years litterpicking John Peel I’m going to be litterpicking theatre and circus. Chuffed to bits! 

(as if I need to spend *more* time around there!) 

Same for my husband and I (we must have volunteered together last year). Prior to 2022, we volunteered for a different charity litter picking the Pyramid Stage in 2016 (very muddy) so we're pleased with the theatre & circus shift this year!

20 hours ago, lmaltby1001 said:

Can I ask, were you referred by someone else? 
our referrals are waiting to hear, and we have been told that they are half way down the list, so trying to gauge any hope for them! 

I have also been told I am halfway down the list! I send my application back within Minutes of receiving it from Fiona. I am still living in hope of a spot 

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I presume anything valuable goes to lost property but anything like booze you find you can just trouser? 

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

Anybody have any info on how to go about getting volunteer tickets? They come up quite soon after the resale don’t they? I was lucky in the resale (thanks to an amazing amazing helper in our group!) but some friends weren’t as fortunate.

Most volunteers sorted their places out months ago either as a Plan A, or Plan B after the first sale. So it’s likely to be slim pickings now. Keep an eye out here and on Facebook for last minute opportunities, and get on the mailing lists for the main charities ready for next year. 

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Most volunteers sorted their places out months ago either as a Plan A, or Plan B after the first sale. So it’s likely to be slim pickings now. Keep an eye out here and on Facebook for last minute opportunities, and get on the mailing lists for the main charities ready for next year. 

Had a feeling this would be the case, thank you though!

21 hours ago, rufio436 said:

Hi all! I'm volunteering with Shelter for the first time. Has anyone heard about the training or transport yet? Also if anyone knows of a Facebook or WhatsApp group that would be great as I'll be coming on my own. Thanks! X

Wife & I will be first time Shelterers too this year.  I sent off an email to Shelter last week asking for any hints of when we’ll start to get some details through from Avalon Bars, but no reply yet. I don’t know if there are any social groups! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Updated the spreadsheet today.  Oxfam likely from Weds 26th April. Otherwise two bars are recruiting and still not heard from attitude is everything. Most of everything else is shut as far as I know. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp4ZMpJcffuwNSJBKKnEmfsdttyl0-kmpOHcPWVRD5E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thanks, good info.

7 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Anybody have any info on how to go about getting volunteer tickets? They come up quite soon after the resale don’t they? I was lucky in the resale (thanks to an amazing amazing helper in our group!) but some friends weren’t as fortunate.

There is a chance. In 2019 I got a place 10 days before the start of the festival. Got to get on it now and I’d advise your mates to read through this thread. Loads of good advice in it

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Updated the spreadsheet today.  Oxfam likely from Weds 26th April. Otherwise two bars are recruiting and still not heard from attitude is everything. Most of everything else is shut as far as I know. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp4ZMpJcffuwNSJBKKnEmfsdttyl0-kmpOHcPWVRD5E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for posting this buddy. Missed out on tickets so looking for a volunteering place. I signed up to Oxfam and Shelter a while ago, I don't if that'll help?

20 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Thanks for posting this buddy. Missed out on tickets so looking for a volunteering place. I signed up to Oxfam and Shelter a while ago, I don't if that'll help?

Oxfam... No, it won't help, you have to keep refreshing the website frequently to see if a spot pops up. 

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

interested on the oxfam intel, how do we know they are likely from 26th? do applications open for a second time normally?