Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

Just now, Justiceforcedave said:

It would be terrifying because of potential clashage.

Selfishly I’d want them against Arctics but that wouldn’t offer much of an alternative to the indie rock business of the main stage.

GNR I guess they’d sorta work against but again would you put them against another heritage guitar band from a simile era?

Which leaves Elton… don’t let them clash with Elton! That wouldn’t be fair.

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Selfishly I’d want them against Arctics but that wouldn’t offer much of an alternative to the indie rock business of the main stage.

GNR I guess they’d sorta work against but again would you put them against another heritage guitar band from a simile era?

Which leaves Elton… don’t let them clash with Elton! That wouldn’t be fair.

I mean, if the festival wants a huge Other headliner to go up against Elton...

Pulp are the only act I'm happy to believe are playing without any actual evidence. It just feels like too good of a fit.

Would they really want to do a smaller secret set again? I say give them the Pyramid and sub Elton or Arctics (and likely blow them off the stage).

12 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Pulp as Other headliner would be a sizable get. Question is - who would you want them against?

I'd see them against any of  AM / GnR / Elton in a heartbeat.

Personally I think they should headline, but the festival seems to have other ideas presumably.

Edited by ericlered

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

If the Lizzo and Queens info is true, then it looks like we have 4 options.....

1. Subbing Monkeys
2. Other headliner against Elton
3. Secret set 
4. They don't play

Subbing AM I think. Really don’t see them as a Other headliner, secret sets been done (not that it couldn’t be repeated, especially after 12 years, but just think they’d want to be billed this time) and not willing to accept that they might not be there. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Subbing AM I think. Really don’t see them as a Other headliner, secret sets been done (not that it couldn’t be repeated, especially after 12 years, but just think they’d want to be billed this time) and not willing to accept that they might not be there. 

Embarrassing for Arctics to follow that. Not my concern, though, I'll be bouncing off to JP for Hot Chip after Pulp if that's true. That's a hell of a Friday night right there.

Don't mind em subbing but it does feel a waste to have a shorter set.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is where I'm at too, it's either option 1 or 4 and I'm clinging on to the former 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Embarrassing for Arctics to follow that. Not my concern, though, I'll be bouncing off to JP for Hot Chip after Pulp if that's true. That's a hell of a Friday night right there.

Will be right there with you, top night that

6 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Legends slot - just throwing it out there. Whats the criteria for a legend 

General consensus is its not pulp for whatever reason (doesn't help with the old white men top line for one)

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

At least we have Finsbury the week after.