Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

36 minutes ago, pulpecja said:

thank you @VolkIreland! I was thinking about Charleroi airport - so probably I'd need to go to Brussels first and then to Leuven?

There's a train to Leuven too IIRC but the way is much longer. I didn't pay attention to how long it took because I was talking to other festival goers, so didn't calculate the time right and missed my flight home on the way back🙃

50 minutes ago, pulpecja said:

thank you @VolkIreland! I was thinking about Charleroi airport - so probably I'd need to go to Brussels first and then to Leuven?

The easier/cheaper is to take the shuttle Flibco from Charleroi Airport to Brussels-South Train Station (16€). There you can take a direct train and then the shuttle to the festival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pulpecja said:

1 hour ago, Archi said:

The easier/cheaper is to take the shuttle Flibco from Charleroi Airport to Brussels-South Train Station (16€). There you can take a direct train and then the shuttle to the festival.

if the train ticket is included (never been to RW but I'm quite sure the festival ticket include train ticket from a Belgian train station and way back), from Charleroi airport you can also go to Charleroi train station and save some money. Obviously the train ride to Leuven would be longer and maybe you'd have to go to Brussels first... But if train is free...

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

Indeed, didn't think about that! Only went by car to Werchter recently. But the info is on the website: "Our festival ticket includes 1 free and personal train ticket for a return journey in 2nd class from a Belgian departure station to Rock Werchter. Transfers by an extra bus of De Lijn are included." There are many direct trains from Charleroi Central to Leuven who takes only 1h.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gigi21 said:

if the train ticket is included (never been to RW but I'm quite sure the festival ticket include train ticket from a Belgian train station and way back), from Charleroi airport you can also go to Charleroi train station and save some money. Obviously the train ride to Leuven would be longer and maybe you'd have to go to Brussels first... But if train is free...

The train ticket is included.

However, (I'm not sure about now) but I'm sure there used to be a rule that every Belgium station was included except for the airport. I think I had to pay an additional surcharge a few years ago when I flew to RW, logistically it was all pretty straightforward though.

10 hours ago, h1210 said:

However, (I'm not sure about now) but I'm sure there used to be a rule that every Belgium station was included except for the airport. I think I had to pay an additional surcharge a few years ago when I flew to RW, logistically it was all pretty straightforward though.

This additional charge is indeed a thing but I  it only applies to Zaventem airport. From Charleroi, you'll need to take a bus to the city center which I think isn't free then you can take the train to Leuven.

13 hours ago, h1210 said:

Sure, maybe my English was bad. I only meant that he can take a free train from/to Charleroi Centraal (not airport), which is linked to the airport by a cheap bus and this is probably the cheapest option if you want to reach Rock Werchter flying to Charleroi. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Sure, maybe my English was bad. I only meant that he can take a free train from/to Charleroi Centraal (not airport), which is linked to the airport by a cheap bus and this is probably the cheapest option if you want to reach Rock Werchter flying to Charleroi. 

Indeed, that's defo the cheapest option!

8 minutes ago, kilero said:

Full line-up tomorrow ! 

Yup! Lets rip that band-aid off! 🙂

Btw...Blur have announced a gig in (Ziggo Dome) Amsterdam just 2 days before RW. It's becoming clear that it was a conscious decision from RW to not have them on the bill when they obviously could. Which is strange imo considering the (lack of) available options.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

They're a "Flemish exclusive" for Live Is Live the week before, so ruled out.

Oh I didn't know that. Then other than Hooverphonic I can't think of a nostalgic Belgian band worth mentioning that hasn't been ruled out. Unless all the fuss is related to those scary rumours...

Edited by Floyd_Ams

40 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Am I the only one that has not given up hope on R.A.T.M getting announced tomorrow ? It was only his achilles . Should be well cleared up for the summer ?

Yes, you're the only one.