Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

14 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Yes but, from what I remember, until it got canceled they were the only headliner that day which was a weak one overall. Now you have RHCP as the big ticket seller already there, so I think it's a different setup. It might be too expensive to have both though.

That day was quite weak at every stage. The Strokes was not the only weakness.

image.thumb.png.1eb141913a8650a34dd229ceaa7ddc8a.png

Best Kept Secret apparently also expected more from The Strokes sales-wise. And that festival should've been a match made in heaven for an indie rock darling. So there's definitely more than just that RW line up at play. Let's also not forget that they're rumoured to ask a similar fee to headliners that can carry a RW day all on their own...

Anyway: didn't we already rule The Strokes out for other reasons? Julian is touring with The Voidz mid-June and The Strokes have European dates at the end of Summer. So there's no reason to expect them in Europe end of June/early July.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Anyway: didn't we already rule The Strokes out for other reasons? Julian is touring with The Voidz mid-June and The Strokes have European dates at the end of Summer. So there's no reason to expect them in Europe end of June/early July.

The voidz are touring, but the strokes only have cala mijas in the end of August, or have I missed something?

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just to confirm Saturday is weak day yes

It's very subjective of course but for my (and all my friends') taste that Saturday was indeed going to be the weakest day that year and one of the worst I had seen. For many other people it would have been great of course which is very understandable. Well...In the end, the Saturday we got in '22 wasn't any better so at least they were consistent 😂

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

The Strokes were mentioned as an example of the type of bands to expect as the missing headliners. Chances that they will appear are very very low to zero indeed.

No I know and I don't expect them to be at Werchter, I just want to finally catch them live and was wondering whether they have any other EU dates apart from Malaga that I have missed.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:20 AM, birchtree29 said:

That day was quite weak at every stage. The Strokes was not the only weakness.

image.thumb.png.1eb141913a8650a34dd229ceaa7ddc8a.png

I'm going back and forth tbf on whether 2020's season as planned was better or weaker than 2019, which was a largely meh run of names but may not have been helped by comparison to 2018, when a lot of big names were out and about.

There's a few names scattered around this tbf that I would get behind. As in fairness there are for 2022's edition.

42 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Yeah, I’d be all over a day with Bicep, CAS, Marc Rebillet, Parcels and Loyle Carner. Strokes and Liam a great bonus too. 

It’s all subjective of course but I’m taking that day over Sunday 100 times out of 100. 

It's indeed very subjective! Sunday would have been the best day for me😉

5 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Miley Cyrus’ website is counting down to something. Do we think she’s the major female  announcing a tour that the Roskilde booker alluded to?

Interesting. Last time she toured Europe (2014?) she sold out Sportpaleis and Ziggo Dome (according to wikipedia), but back then she was at the peak of her (commercial) career. Do you think she can count as a major headliner in European festivals these days?

18 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Interesting. Last time she toured Europe (2014?) she sold out Sportpaleis and Ziggo Dome (according to wikipedia), but back then she was at the peak of her (commercial) career. Do you think she can count as a major headliner in European festivals these days?

She headlined a couple of festivals in 2019 - Primavera (as a replacement for Cardi B), Tinderbox or Orange Warsaw festival. She also did an early evening slot at Glasto. But I believe that countdown has something to do with her New Year's Eve Party with Dolly Parton.

17 hours ago, Archi said:

I can't see her headlining a festival like Rock Werchter. Or even co-headline. She would have more success in her own event imo.

Yeah, I agree. I was just speculating on who the missing headliners the more I think about it, the more I don’t really think she’s a headliner 

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

KoL have been announced as „European festival exclusive“.

Hope that means not other fests were interested in the band. No idea how a sane booker would pay extra royalties to have them exclusively.

There must be some mistake, KoL is a Rock Werchter darling😆 ....but glad if they won't play, seen them too many times at RW in the last 10 years or so....