Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Great first day.... headline acts (JK and PeteTong) in the evening was not for us so we found solace and shelter in the comedy tent with local bands Kojacks surprise and Supersonic... they were both superb...  during the day Blossoms, Charlatans and the View knocked it out the park but the biggest surprise for me was Friendly Fires... what a show they put on.  Shame about The Coral pulling out but hopefully Kasabian will make up for it... just need to find some waterproofs!!

12 minutes ago, HarryHammer said:

just need to find some waterproofs!!

If anyone does need emergency waterproofs, there's a millets at the top of Palmerston Road (5 min walk from gates b/c).

Could be another quiet day with the rain & rail strikes. Hope you all have a fun 1!

Blossoms, billy nomates, the view, charlatans, calboa, kojacks revenge, supersonic and JK for us. Was a great day, only a wee bit of rain and at least on my iPhone looks similar weather today 🤞 

Charlatans were my highlight, but always would be! Calboa were a nice little band, had vibes of crying lightning era arctic monkeys 

only disappointment for me is the lack choice in booze.  A few craft beers options would be nice! 

love the coral but the cribs is a brilliant replacement, really pulled that one out the bag! This is my fave day by a mile, just band after band for me

enjoy everyone ✌️ ❤️ 

6 hours ago, sisco said:

Felt much busier yesterday but still a manageable amount.  Kasabian we’re very good but losing the Coral was annoying 

Yup, glad you enjoyed. I'd have liked to catch Imbruglia but The Coral definitely makes me feel better about calling it off.

I lost my motor as well which made is vritually impossible bar taking the train to get there. 

Edited by northernangel

28 minutes ago, atomised said:

yes  certainly appears that way. for our family group would add 90 to the cost of the festival.and to be honest it will make us think twice. shuttle being included worked for us. 

It seems they have frozen the ticket prices for next year but charging for the shuttle buses. Surely they should have slightly increased all tickets (including day) and keep the buses free. I do imagine that it must cost them a small fortune to run the shuttle buses but as a camping festival goer, the free shuttle buses make up for the fact that the campsite is quite a distance from the festival itself and is absolute mayhem at the end of the night.

We haven't gone this year but hoping to go next year so very interested to hear if the shuttle buses are just as bad this year as they were the previous two years we went. 

1 hour ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

It seems they have frozen the ticket prices for next year but charging for the shuttle buses. Surely they should have slightly increased all tickets (including day) and keep the buses free. I do imagine that it must cost them a small fortune to run the shuttle buses but as a camping festival goer, the free shuttle buses make up for the fact that the campsite is quite a distance from the festival itself and is absolute mayhem at the end of the night.

We haven't gone this year but hoping to go next year so very interested to hear if the shuttle buses are just as bad this year as they were the previous two years we went. 

I would rather have seen an across the board increase of £20 a ticket to cover the shuttles. with the charge it makes the price freeze seem a bit of a misdirection. additionally I'm not sure how they will police it at either end of the day. 

Well it was a great weekend overall- weather stayed dry yesterday and today although got really cold with the wind in the evenings. Definitely busier yesterday and they were still selling tickets for today. Yesterday saw McFly; The Devine Comedy; Belle & Sebastián; Mik Artistik;  kaiser chiefs and Kasabian - mainly cos I can’t walk too far back and forth! Today saw Courting; Hard-fi; The Go! Team; Dylan ( from a distance) Sea Girls; OMG it’s the Church; Vaccines and was going for Johnny Marr over Mumfords but cold, tired, sore feet and dodgy hip decided to go back to nearby accommodation for a cup of tea and rest instead- god  I am getting old !! 🙄

overall much better than previous- no real queues for anything, card machines all worked, food /drink was really expensive though. Came by train Friday which avoided carpark issue or park and ride expense, stayed at Rees Hall which seems good value overall and was next to site. 
Was our 6th year. Always was a good bet as cheap early birds at £35 per day was great but obviously a lot more now per day. Still not bad though. 

So next year's early bird camping and non-camping tickets are the same price, but campsite shuttle bus is going to be charged for? That seems like a weird way to do the pricing that's just going to piss people off.

Anyway, had fun this year. Ellie Dixon, Pale Waves and OMG!ITC were my highlights. The headliners at victorious aren't normally for me, but there was enough lower down the lineup to make it worthwhile.

OMGiTC were truly incredible. Best act of the weekend. Hope they return next year. 

Overall improvements year on year. 
-toilets much better 

- food queues ok 

- bigger main stage site was less packed 

hopefully next year will see a step up in the level of headliner (first non-UK headliner?). Could we get Pulp? Would love to see the Hives return. 

Edited by Dg_vic

I haven't made it for the last few years for various reasons, but have really enjoyed it this year, though was shocked at how much busier Saturday and even more so Sunday were compared to previous years. 

Read all the horror stories about the toilets last year so was pleasantly surprised on that front this time.

I've picked up lots of new artists for my 'to buy' list having spent lots of time on the smaller stages inbetween the bigger names, so pleased with that. Only problem I found was that the Casemates stage - which had lots of good bands on it - seemed to drown out the acoustic stage at times, which was a bit of a shame.

Highlights for me on Friday were Circa Waves, Friendly Fires (who needed a longer, later slot) and Pete Tong and his orchestra. Did try JK, but personally found it dull and self-indulgent, though believe I'm in the minority there!

Thought the Cribs, Crystal Tides and Alt-J were great on Saturday, and Sunday highlights were Vaccines and Go! Team - who both deserved far longer slots, especially the latter - and Mumfords. 

Overall almost certainly back next year. Let the headliner guessing commence!

I come every year and I think personally that was the smoothest victorious yet and for nest year headliners Corr I’ve not got a clue. I would personally to see Liam Gallagher if he’s doing definitely maybe album. Foals and courteeners that would a solid set of headliners I Think 

Edited by Spencer23

Cracking weekend as per usual, some really good acts for all the family yesterday with the likes of Heather Small (banger after banger), Sigrid and Ellie Goulding.  Thought Mumfords were good and seemed very happy to be there oh and a special shout-out for The Enemy who were amazing.

Will be booking our hotel again on check out today and then seeing what happens in regard to holidays for us as a family and the lineup next year

And btw…. How lucky did we get with the weather!!

We had a really great weekend. 

Noticed Victorious took on board some of the suggestions - So Thanks Victorious, the improvements were noticed.

- Toilets and toilet staff.

- signs directing people on Castle stage (although ignored by people)

- improved signal for mobiles, not great, but improved. 

-more screens on Common stage if you sat further back.

Queues for toilets/bars/food, so much better.

11 hours ago, atomised said:

I would rather have seen an across the board increase of £20 a ticket to cover the shuttles. with the charge it makes the price freeze seem a bit of a misdirection. additionally I'm not sure how they will police it at either end of the day. 

Can you imagine the uproar if the people who decided to chance it and not pay still got to use the buses? And what happens if you have forgotten or didn't realise you had to pay for them this time...could easily not spot that fact on the booking page tbf.

• Upvote 1

I think this was the best Victorious yet.

They had clearly taken note of the previous complaints and improved the site with the alterations.

Didn’t queue at all for bars or toilets.

The Sunday was always going to be the busiest day with Mumford headlining - they are still a big pull.

My highlights: Amyl & The Sniffers, Ellie Goulding, Sigrid, Welly

Still an odd festival with the substantial day ticket / casual crowd (it feels like a festival for people that don’t do festivals?) but still a good value ticket.

Also considering it’s on my door step (it took me 13 mins to get home last night after Mumfords) it’s a no brainier.

Booked for next year already. My guess is that the biggest headliner will be either Florence & The Machine or Liam Gallagher.

Edited by rseamer