What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

11 minutes ago, coma girl said:

I just ordered a pack of the espresso martinis, definitely the best tonnes ones I have tried so far.

I'm saving those as I know they'll be great. 

Super lucky to be camping with friends in the CV fields. I'll be slinging cocktails for breakfast, mostly Sprezzies and tommy's Margaritas.  😄 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, prog seller said:

I'm saving those as I know they'll be great. 

Super lucky to be camping with friends in the CV fields. I'll be slinging cocktails for breakfast, mostly Sprezzies and tommy's Margaritas.  😄 

I've done the same! 🤣 Daren't open the espressos martinis because I don't think I'll be able to stop!!

• Like 2

A silly thing to prioritise in the prep in the grand scheme of things haha...but the inside door of our caravan is a chalk board so we can collect signatures and doodles from the people we camp with and places we visit over the years. However, last year one of our friend's children completely scribbled over the whole lot 🙈🙈 so I've repainted it and time to start collecting signatures from fresh. I've just drawn on the Glastonbury logo and Latitude one ready for our summer festivals this year. Think I got them quite accurate 😊 20230519_095126.thumb.jpg.5bbe5219fa5f4ef18f033935663fd687.jpg

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 4

I’m still struggling to get my CV MOT’d ahead of Glastonbury. The 2 marker lights on the front top are out, and the wiring is now inaccessible. Got a quote to open up the roof seal to access, and then fix down again. In excess of £1,100! So now desperately hoping the alternative much cheaper option of removing the internal panels is a success, booked in for early June. Otherwise may have to rent one, which ain’t cheap either. Option of just camping isn’t really on as I’m committed to collecting 4 friends en route with all their gear. Panic! 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m still struggling to get my CV MOT’d ahead of Glastonbury. The 2 marker lights on the front top are out, and the wiring is now inaccessible. Got a quote to open up the roof seal to access, and then fix down again. In excess of £1,100! So now desperately hoping the alternative much cheaper option of removing the internal panels is a success, booked in for early June. Otherwise may have to rent one, which ain’t cheap either. Option of just camping isn’t really on as I’m committed to collecting 4 friends en route with all their gear. Panic! 

Eeeeek! That is cutting it fine, hope you get it sorted!!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

A silly thing to prioritise in the prep in the grand scheme of things haha...but the inside door of our caravan is a chalk board so we can collect signatures and doodles from the people we camp with and places we visit over the years. However, last year one of our friend's children completely scribbled over the whole lot 🙈🙈 so I've repainted it and time to start collecting signatures from fresh. I've just drawn on the Glastonbury logo and Latitude one ready for our summer festivals this year. Think I got them quite accurate 😊 20230519_095126.thumb.jpg.5bbe5219fa5f4ef18f033935663fd687.jpg

I love that idea 😄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Actually had to buy some wellies today for the first time in, I don't know, 25 years. Not as uncomfortable as I remember but still no intention of wearing them at a festival.

Grab a set of gel insoles for the wellies. The Scholl ones are around a tenner and are a great job 

2 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Grab a set of gel insoles for the wellies. The Scholl ones are around a tenner and are a great job 

I've got some really good energy return ones I might put in. After next Wednesday it'll hopefully be another 25 years until I have to wear them again

Put up my new tent this morning to practice how to do it (been using the same Eurohike for many, many years but it was time for a replacement) and to check it over. Was easy to do, it's roomy, everything was where it should be and it folded away back into the bag easily. Looking forward to camping in it at the festival 🙂

Washed my van. It was beyond disgraceful. Only done it once, during the first lockdown. Decided I couldn't wait for another pandemic to do it again.

Pressure washers are ace. So satisfying. Only thing is I'll have to wait until it's equally as grim before doing it again. Won't be as satisfying if I can't see the grime coming off line by line.

2 hours ago, Calum stoke said:

The charity shop gods smiled on me this week. Was about to buy some new walking boots, then stumbled across these brand new Goretex beauties for £15. This equals more beer money. Going to spend the next few weeks breaking them in. 

049D33A7-38ED-4E04-B42D-F6C7C1218654.jpeg

Even more satisfying than pressure washing a disgusting van. Finding the perfect bargain in a charity shop

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Went to the parents to waterproof the tent … the dog didn’t want to play ball … well she did but the wrong kind 

IMG_6069.jpeg

Do they have room for another one over the glasto week by any chance?! We still can't find anyone to have our dog 😫 getting stressed now!

11 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Do they have room for another one over the glasto week by any chance?! We still can't find anyone to have our dog 😫 getting stressed now!

Oh dear 😞 kennels … ? She doesn’t seem to mind them but parents use it as a last resort