Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

This is clearing dreaming but if they did the Bristol setlist with an addition of Old Yellow Bricks, Pretty Visitors, Fake Tales of San Francisco, Dancing Shoes, Ritz to the Rubble and When The Sun Goes Down this would be classic potentially.

Preparing myself for all the additions to be from The Car instead

• Like 1

Oh FFS they're actually gonna do a proper festival setlist now, the kind they should've been doing for the last decade anyway? Imagine them actually appearing as if they want to be there? I was really happy I wouldn't have to spend all three nights at the Pyramid, now I'm having doubts. In the unlikely case of them adding one or two from SIAS and possibly dropping some more AM filler, I'll have to be there, at least for a part of the set.

6 hours ago, Drinky said:

If they play that set at Glastonbury, it’ll be close to an all timer. And I say that as someone who wasn’t planning to be anywhere near the pyramid that night

I saw them at Leeds last year and can't lie I was disappointed so was also thinking I might give them a miss at Glasto... but last night's setlist looks absolutely unreal. Even though I'm still expecting a slowed down version of most it I just don't think I could let myself miss out 

1 hour ago, pops1998 said:

Praying they play a certain romance at Glasto. The fact they’ve played the OG version of mardy bum for the first time in 15(?) years is giving me hope

Not sure if call it the OG version. It wasn't bad but he was definitely giving it some of his new crooner personality.

34 minutes ago, Harry MonkFish said:

Was everything all slow and jazzy or did they ramp it up a bit? 

To my memory they played every song as it is on record, didn't slow anything down or anything like that i don't think. 

8 hours ago, pops1998 said:

It is compared to the acoustic version they were doing a few years back. I’ll take what I can get!

Yeah I saw AM in London in both 2011 and 2013 and they played sparse versions of Mardy Bum rather than the real thing. In 2011, it saw Alex and Jamie playing gentle guitar with Helders essentially doing basic ride cymbal while Nick didn't play at all. In 2013 it was acoustic for the first bit then full band in a different arrangement.

So the idea of them bringing back the full final version is nuts.

Mind you I'm also hopeful they do A Certain Romance in album version, not the half-arsed Alex solo version we got at Finsbury Park. Guess I'll see what variations turn up when I go to see them in Middlesbrough next week.

33 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I saw AM in London in both 2011 and 2013 and they played sparse versions of Mardy Bum rather than the real thing. In 2011, it saw Alex and Jamie playing gentle guitar with Helders essentially doing basic ride cymbal while Nick didn't play at all. In 2013 it was acoustic for the first bit then full band in a different arrangement.

So the idea of them bringing back the full final version is nuts.

Mind you I'm also hopeful they do A Certain Romance in album version, not the half-arsed Alex solo version we got at Finsbury Park. Guess I'll see what variations turn up when I go to see them in Middlesbrough next week.

I was also at that Finsbury Park gig and got that acoustic version of a certain romance, was so gutted it wasn’t the real thing. Really have hope now they’ll bring something special to the Glasto setlist  🤞🏻 

51 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

I was also at that Finsbury Park gig and got that acoustic version of a certain romance, was so gutted it wasn’t the real thing. Really have hope now they’ll bring something special to the Glasto setlist  🤞🏻 

Are they touring with strings on this stadium jaunt? Haven't paid close-enough attention.

14 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not sure if it has already been posted, but five stars from The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/30/arctic-monkeys-review-a-mirrorball-vision-of-what-rock-music-can-be

Reading this has got me excited. I was pretty confident I'd choose AM over Hot Chip anyway but this definitely confirms the choice.

6 hours ago, RossTC said:

Not that i noticed the other night no.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, rwoo said:

Reading this has got me excited. I was pretty confident I'd choose AM over Hot Chip anyway but this definitely confirms the choice.

I'd still have a few tweaks, personally. Have a few friends off to the farm who are sick to the back teeth of AM.

Just done a quick spotify playlist of the Bristol set and noticed that it's basically the most streamed songs off each album thrown in a mix - Certain Romance being the obvious exception.  Do you think that's how they picked it?

Edit: it's only 1hr 15mins of music too, so plenty of opportunity to flesh it out to a headline set with more classics.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

How long they got scheduled, ninety minutes again? Think the Bristol show was ninety-five including encore break.

Clashfinder says 90 mins but I'd have though a headliner of their stature with 7 albums under their belt would be doing 2hrs easy?  The Beths did just over 90 mins in Manchester on Sunday FFS!