LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

The map could do with a freshen up. i would focus on the inside of the fence, take off the car parks and camper fields, would allow more detail of the inside of the fence. then maybe make it interactive as well, so you can see pics of where you are and the stages, markets and attractions. Just a thought

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

The map could do with a freshen up. i would focus on the inside of the fence, take off the car parks and camper fields, would allow more detail of the inside of the fence. then maybe make it interactive as well, so you can see pics of where you are and the stages, markets and attractions. Just a thought

It’s a fair comment, ideally I’d like to see the map include every stage but I recognise that’s a challenge. They could do with having a full map in the festival program, and the basic one elsewhere 

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

Like the one the stewards get then ? 

38 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Like the one the stewards get then ? 

I dont know if I have seen one of those recently. But if that's what they get with more detail then I dont see why it cant be shared publicly. 

Bit rough, but the blue bit is Worthy Farm land, the rest is other farmers. I'm surprised The Other Stage isn't theirs, given how long it has been part of the festival. 

547251026_Screenshot_20240408_221911_AutoPhotoCutPaste.thumb.jpg.ef61b98193b836fdc6004d1f6f832780.jpg

Comes from this, which was in the last planning application. 

Screenshot_20240408_222503_X.thumb.jpg.050e014f6e985711220bc13792ccb119.jpg

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Big issue with a bottleneck to get around it. I hope it remains as the number of stages for non-dance stuff in SE Corner will be down to virtually zero if that goes.

I can't see the WG stage being much more than the one that was set up last year and barely used. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think there will be room for a larger stage without a major re-shuffle.

So first WG and now Truth? Their solution 2 years in a row to bottlenecks from a stage is to remove the stage and all the entertainment that plays on it? If so, RIP Glade 2025…

4 hours ago, assorted said:

So first WG and now Truth? Their solution 2 years in a row to bottlenecks from a stage is to remove the stage and all the entertainment that plays on it? If so, RIP Glade 2025…

I think it must be a budget issue rather than a crowding issue. The crowding is caused by silly booking, not the stage itself.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Bit rough, but the blue bit is Worthy Farm land, the rest is other farmers. I'm surprised The Other Stage isn't theirs, given how long it has been part of the festival. 

547251026_Screenshot_20240408_221911_AutoPhotoCutPaste.thumb.jpg.ef61b98193b836fdc6004d1f6f832780.jpg

Comes from this, which was in the last planning application. 

Screenshot_20240408_222503_X.thumb.jpg.050e014f6e985711220bc13792ccb119.jpg

I'll be honest, that really surprised me.  I expected Worthy Farm to at least cover most of the main festival site (i.e. incl Other/Markets/Arcadia/Park) but judging by that it's probably barely half of it.  Including the car parking etc, it's maybe only 25%.  May be a contributory factor to increased cost pressure as I'm sure the landowners absolutely rinse them every year.

26 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'll be honest, that really surprised me.  I expected Worthy Farm to at least cover most of the main festival site (i.e. incl Other/Markets/Arcadia/Park) but judging by that it's probably barely half of it.  Including the car parking etc, it's maybe only 25%.  May be a contributory factor to increased cost pressure as I'm sure the landowners absolutely rinse them every year.

I thought they definitely owned areas like Pennards, The Park and the Arcadia field. Otherwise there are permanent building works associated with the festival - e.g. longdrops - on other people's land.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I thought they definitely owned areas like Pennards, The Park and the Arcadia field. Otherwise there are permanent building works associated with the festival - e.g. longdrops - on other people's land.

When I first started going someone told me that long drops were the key to if the festival own the land or not.  But they are the exception - Pennards, The Park and Arcadia fields are all part of Pennard Hill Farm.  This was confirmed on the address of the planning application for the Arcadia crane. 

26 minutes ago, stuie said:

When I first started going someone told me that long drops were the key to if the festival own the land or not.  But they are the exception - Pennards, The Park and Arcadia fields are all part of Pennard Hill Farm.  This was confirmed on the address of the planning application for the Arcadia crane. 

Just out of curiosity do the Eavis family (or associated companies) also own Pennard Hill Farm? I have a very vague memory of hearing that they had, via some mechanism, bought the Park Farm some years ago. 

14 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Just out of curiosity do the Eavis family (or associated companies) also own Pennard Hill Farm? I have a very vague memory of hearing that they had, via some mechanism, bought the Park Farm some years ago. 

No - it is independent:

Pennard Hill Farm, eighty acres of rural Somerset tranquility, is home to husband and wife team Pippa and Tom Godber-Ford Moore, and Pippa’s father David, who moved to the farm from Suffolk in 2009.

https://www.pennardhillfarm.co.uk/about/

20 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It mentions here https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/07/070508c.shtml that the Eavis’ ancestors did farm Park Farm before moving to Worthy

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

No - it is independent:

Pennard Hill Farm, eighty acres of rural Somerset tranquility, is home to husband and wife team Pippa and Tom Godber-Ford Moore, and Pippa’s father David, who moved to the farm from Suffolk in 2009.

https://www.pennardhillfarm.co.uk/about/

It must be great for them. All the money coming in from the festival with none of the hassle of actually organising it. Through in a nice bit of glamping to raise extra cash and Bob's your uncle. 

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It must be great for them. All the money coming in from the festival with none of the hassle of actually organising it. Through in a nice bit of glamping to raise extra cash and Bob's your uncle. 

They definitely got lucky with their neighbours!  They appear to have a lucrative Glastonbury themed wedding business for the rest of the year too! 

image.png.9da63d0915c8bc809ffe230b88f0f143.png

BC Camplight, who has self-confirmed recently at gigs, has tweeted "exciting news" regarding festival announcement in the next week or so.  Can't remember if we know where he is playing?  If we do, it's an indication a drop for that area is imminent.