LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

Just the way it goes, nothing but thieves are on the bottom line of the other stage and have had a stellar two years....

Perhaps

Its a very glastonbudget booking nonetheless

Just now, gfa said:

Perhaps

the whole lineup, agents now know they can get any old shite booked in.

2 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Idles will draw a big crowd, part made up of die hard fans and part made up from people who see them as a good option away from Dua. Fair play to them they are great live and play a lot of shows. People don’t tend to see them one and done , they come back for a repeat. 

these D block guys may have sold out massive London shows but I reckon they draw a smaller crowd at glasto in that same slot than idles. Could be wrong though 

also they might have to close the park to a swarm of indie dads for fountaines if scheduled that way lol 

Fontaines and IDLES clearly shouldn't have clashed

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Perhaps

Definitely a bump up for them, must be to do with giving a rock alternative to Dua Lipa and split the crowd between the park and other… I’ll be at the Park I think

Just now, WhoOdyssey said:

Their fans aren't Glastonbury's audience though, look at how small WizKid's crowd was last year. 

Sure

but the size gap is even bigger than with wizkid

You could surely say similar about SZA? Holding acts back because 'their fans aren't there' isn't going to make their fans come

1 minute ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Nobody mentioning Cyndi Lauper too much? Shes a great booking!

maybe because its not really a surprise -  she pretty much plays every year doesn't she?

(fwiw - i have no feelings about Cyndi Lauper either way).

Just now, -TLR- said:

maybe because its not really a surprise -  she pretty much plays every year doesn't she?

last played 8 years ago

6 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

and as far as I know that is the only time she has played too! (and she was surprisingly excellent 🙂

really?

damn... it really feels like her name is constantly on the Acoustic line-up...  i stand corrected! 

Does anyone else think LCD as a Pyramid sub is a bit off? For what it’s worth I love them and saw them at WHP back in 2017 and it was one of my favourite ever gigs, but they feel like they’d translate so much better to other stage headliner or even West Holts at a push and the pyramid atmosphere might see their sound get a little… lost? Or maybe I’m just overthinking it. 

24 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

I’ve been going since 97 other than 4 years between 2014 and 2019 and haven’t noticed Cyndi on the bill other than one of the festivals I missed..  so I’m over the moon to see her this year.  
She slightly compensates for the lack of the true icon Madonna 😂

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I eat my words.

Putting Idles up against Fontaines D.C is a bold move

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fontaines and IDLES clearly shouldn't have clashed

I am in the "Glastonbury can do no wrong" camp, but this is a infuriatingly stupid clash

As someone who has a ticket but can't go, I can confirm that this lineup is good enough to make me proper gutted! 

Definitely enough going on there to keep me busy. Pyramid is weak for me, but I say that most years. 

Maybe I can go 8 months pregnant and just camp myself in The Park for the whole time (with a wee walk up to Idles, Kiwanuka, and Block Party... ) 

I think perhaps some of the 'underwhelmed' ness on here is because everything gets discussed, analysed or acts playing get tipped off in such detail that by the time the line-ups do come out none of it is a surprise to anyone.

Its why I avoid the site build up threads when the festival gets close as I like to have at least one surprise when I arrive on site! 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More like the opposite- got very few people who think it's anything other than a bad idea

I think LCD and Simz as Pointo subs are both odd placements.  I like both acts, and will probably see Simz, but they'd both work much better on Other/Holts.

9 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I’ve been going since 97 other than 4 years between 2014 and 2019 and haven’t noticed Cyndi on the bill other than one of the festivals I missed..  so I’m over the moon to see her this year.  
She slightly compensates for the lack of the true icon Madonna 😂

She's played once in 2016.