LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

42 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I'm on both. Discord is more conversational, can be difficult to catch up on anything if you've been away for a bit. Easier to cover separate topics here but that's basically just down to the difference in formats.

People on both slag off people on the other. Which is a bit odd when we can all agree the real enemy are the Facebook groups.

"SPLITTER!!!"

Edited by 4AssedMonkey
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Ditto.  I don't really get the hate.  Their first 3 albums were solid IMO.  And in an ocean of po-faced indie guitar clones at the time, they stood out for writing good pop songs using melody and keyboards.  Some great tunes in their back catalogue.  If they play, I'll be there, (badly) singing at the top of my lungs.

I love that first album and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of that. Saw them in the Acoustic back in 2019 and it was a bloody joy!

7 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Morning all…looking forward to seeing whether this is the real deal or another red herring day. 

the lack of activity says to me that its still 48+ hours away.

Seen on Reddit an image of a tweet from the discords twitter account saying "8am tomorrow, stand by your beds"

Run full circle, from Discord > Twitter > Reddit > E Fests

Not sure how reliable this is just spotted it on Reddit

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Seen on Reddit an image of a tweet from the discords twitter account saying "8am tomorrow, stand by your beds"

Run full circle, from Discord > Twitter > Reddit > E Fests

Not sure how reliable this is just spotted it on Reddit

I hope to still be in my bed at 8am, is standing mandatory?

Also, what are the rules on mentioning other platforms as reading this thread today leaves me baffled.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

lack of activity says not!

I think your measure of activity on this may be slightly outdated.

I've seen enough activity that I'd be absolutely stunned if your "not within 48 hours" prediction was correct (without predicting a specific time).

Just now, stuie said:

Thought you wasn’t monitoring activity this year? 

i can check what's new in the self confirms topic. there'll be a flood of self-confirms around 24 hours before the announcement. 

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I think your measure of activity on this may be slightly outdated.

I've seen enough activity that I'd be absolutely stunned if your "not within 48 hours" prediction was correct (without predicting a specific time).

we'll see how it goes..... ! 😛 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

i can check what's new in the self confirms topic. there'll be a flood of self-confirms around 24 hours before the announcement. 

I don't think that's right this year - we'll see! 

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah I made that clashfinder, and I'm fully expecting to get it wrong, also I think it's been cropped, the set times showing there are the time each set ends not starts.

Please i beg that you have gotten this very wrong or ill likely only be at WH all weekend.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I hope to still be in my bed at 8am, is standing mandatory?

Also, what are the rules on mentioning other platforms as reading this thread today leaves me baffled.

unlike other sites this is a business belonging to someone who's paid a purchase fee , so its interests of the site to retain users . so posts clearly selling alternatives will be removed and new accounts setup to do such deleted ( as has happened recently ) mentions of other sites is fine but this site stands on its own 2 feet . The thread topic is announcements relating to the festival so if anyone has any further related questions to this then please DM me , we arent here to discuss other sites 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Neil said:

we'll see how it goes..... ! 😛 

Just to be clear.

Emily said that it'd be this week (without being any more specific). 48 hours from now takes us to (rounding off) 2pm Friday.

So for you to be correct, then either Emily was wrong, or the announcement would have to come late Friday / at the weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

unlike other sites this is a business belonging to someone who's paid a purchase fee , so its interests of the site to retain users . so posts clearly selling alternatives will be removed and new accounts setup to do such deleted ( as has happened recently ) mentions of other sites is fine but this site stands on its own 2 feet . The thread topic is announcements relating to the festival so if anyone has any further related questions to this then please DM me , we arent here to discuss other sites 

Totally agree about new accounts setup to draw people away but in the context of general conversation you should be careful not to get too China pretending the outside world doesn't exist - no one likes censorship and as well as making you look threatened, it's off putting to users too. 

I'm sure new ownership agrees hence why the name of the other place isn't censored any longer. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Also.... did she say line up news

Not lineup. 

So we are all expecting the poster. Could be just some names  

That's possible, but I think it would feel like a massive bait and switch (especially as we've had radio silence up until this point), so I don't think that's what would happen.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Totally agree about new accounts setup to draw people away but in the context of general conversation you should be careful not to get too China pretending the outside world doesn't exist - no one likes censorship and as well as making you look threatened, it's off putting to users too. 

I'm sure new ownership agrees hence why the name of the other place isn't censored any longer. 

correct theres no censorship 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Yeah they can co-exist easily, they are different things. It makes sense that the discord is going to be mentioned when they broke the 8am tomorrow news.