LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think we had a single one last year. 

Though last year may not be a good indication - the Guardian published first, with the festival following later, so who knows whether that was the actual plan (and if they went early - whether it was even supposed to be that day).

Maybe overanalysing, but my guess would be that the social posts that came from the festival were published on the fly rather than being scheduled. When setting up scheduled social media posts, you'd typically expect them to be at :00 or :30 past the hour, so that everyone can coordinate easily - but those posts from the festival came at a more organic time.

39 minutes ago, incident said:

I was just about to go make a fake poster of my own to mess with people. Then I quickly realised that I really can't be arsed.

But a hint to anyone who does want to try -

Can you at least do it with the 2024 graphics rather than all the previous attempts that have rehashed the ones from 2022 and 2023, so that it's at least interesting for us trying to debunk it?

image.png.d515edafd5b406fe2a0c9ee90694be43.png

From the ETC poster. Note the different (more muted) colour scheme compared to previous years.

Cheers.

You mean like this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1123175468112302111/1212868839860342795/finalglasto.jpg?ex=65f36721&is=65e0f221&hm=6e30764ff800c5903b99e0d8e5df1df84ad006fc0faee7dfb0c4196ab965da4f&

14 minutes ago, incident said:

Though last year may not be a good indication - the Guardian published first, with the festival following later, so who knows whether that was the actual plan (and if they went early - whether it was even supposed to be that day).

Maybe overanalysing, but my guess would be that the social posts that came from the festival were published on the fly rather than being scheduled. When setting up scheduled social media posts, you'd typically expect them to be at :00 or :30 past the hour, so that everyone can coordinate easily - but those posts from the festival came at a more organic time.

it was the plan last year as we were told the day before it was coming.  Just the guardian messed it up and went early. 

29 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Stay in your beds!

Log in to find this a hot topic! more in hope than anticipation. One of these times it will be the real thing🤞

At least it gives Emily a bit of breakfast time entertainment 😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Chazeboy said:

might just be my work computer, but i cant get into the Glasto offical website - normally my computer will get in straight away.........

prob nothing, could be something.....

I can get on ok