LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

erm ..... did you see the headliner discussion ? it appears Stevie w is now out 

Even if he wasn't - headliners are generally put in day order. The last time they weren't was 2019 (and that was rare).

Edited by incident

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Someone better tell James that despite self confirming this morning that they ain’t playing😉😊

To be fair (though maybe we shouldn't), not everyone who's playing will be on the initial poster when it comes. Even if they have self-confirmed.

We've got 21 near-enough-confirmed names for West Holts due to that leak, I'd guess that less than half of them will make the first poster.

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

No Didier Drogba.  I'm not buying it.

A lot of people seem to believe we've got a poster drop in the morning though.  

I was going to have a bit of a lie-in, alarm set to make sure I'm up before 8 now (no idea on time btw).

On 2/28/2024 at 8:28 AM, kalifire said:

or they can’t announce yet because act(s) have contractural obligations to other event(s) when it comes to announcements.

it would be a nightmare (just about impossible) to liase for every band - when they're booked they're given the announcement date and the booking agent will have to make that work for any other bookings for that act.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Alright! Is today the day?

giphy-downsized.gif.79f4fe6cd19f674bfe7276ea95402557.gif

I was just about to go make a fake poster of my own to mess with people. Then I quickly realised that I really can't be arsed.

But a hint to anyone who does want to try -

Can you at least do it with the 2024 graphics rather than all the previous attempts that have rehashed the ones from 2022 and 2023, so that it's at least interesting for us trying to debunk it?

image.png.d515edafd5b406fe2a0c9ee90694be43.png

From the ETC poster. Note the different (more muted) colour scheme compared to previous years.

Cheers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Don't we normally get lots of site pings?

Yeah.

To be fair, I've no idea who (if anyone) is monitoring for that though so it's possible that the changes were made but nobody is currently looking.

Edited by incident