LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 2/20/2024 at 1:06 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

yes, love the individual poster drops. Allows us to trawl through the acts that we don’t know of and give them a listen. Always a few gems are uncovered that way. 

Exactly!  This is what I love and would hate it if announcements were so late that there wasn't enough time to give unknown acts a listen.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Exactly!  This is what I love and would hate it if announcements were so late that there wasn't enough time to give unknown acts a listen.

Absolutely agree. The individual area posters on the run in are a vital part of the process.

17 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

They could announce it on International Women's Day but not make it expressly about International Women's Day (i.e. let other people make that connection if they'd like to)

Oh yeah that's works. A festival profound in making a point about booking more females acts, having equality and diversity announcing on international women's day without a big thing of it. That would be absolutely stupid. You don't choose that day without thought, its would also massively go against credibility for Emily. March 1st is my guess, I don't see it as late as the 8th.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Oh yeah that's works. A festival profound in making a point about booking more females acts, having equality and diversity announcing on international women's day without a big thing of it. That would be absolutely stupid. You don't choose that day without thought, its would also massively go against credibility for Emily. March 1st is my guess, I don't see it as late as the 8th.

Surely it would only make sense announcing on international women's day if 2 of the 3 headliners weren't male. What would the message be?

28 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Surely it would only make sense announcing on international women's day if 2 of the 3 headliners weren't male. What would the message be?

Just announced on a normal day for god sake, there doesn't need to be a message. Announcing on that day is a day for women so just puts a huge shadow on male importance at the festival and like they just fill gaps.

We need to stop this massive focus so much on the female part of it. Include them yes but we are going to far to trying to make it look like woman are more important than another now.

Edited by northernangel
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Just announced on a normal day for god sake, there doesn't need to be a message. Announcing on that day is a day for women so just put a demeanor on every male act on it.

We need to stop this massive focus so much on the female part of it. Include them yes but we are going to far to trying to make it look like woman are more important than another now.

Friendly tip; Just take a deep breath before you type otherwise it comes out as incoherent nonsense.

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Just announced on a normal day for god sake, there doesn't need to be a message. Announcing on that day is a day for women so just put a demeanor on every male act on it.

Are you ok? You sound scared?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Friendly tip; Just take a deep breath before you type otherwise it comes out as incoherent nonsense.

Yes wrong choice or words. It makes men less portent to the festival than women. The probable issue with the festival now is that too Emily that's probably correct.

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yes wrong choice or words. It makes men less portent to the festival than women. The probable issue with the festival now is that too Emily that's probably correct.

You're digging yourself deeper... so by (hypothetically) celebrating the fact that women finally have an equal or more share of a (hypothetical) lineup at glastonbury after all those years of men absolutely DOMINATING the industry....

Men would be upset because they're less important 

Crikey poor fellas

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Don't worry, nobody is ever going to misconstrue your own perspective on the gender balance of the stages 

I think the IWD thing is a bad move (IMO). There's an established critique of the bundles crap marketing around IWD which doesn't sit right with the actual purpose of the day. I don't think it's a good look for Glasto to even appear to be stepping in to that space.

It's not going to be an intentional IWD announcement... 

But that's not going to be because some men would be upset that they're suddenly less important to Emily.

BUT it IS important that we keep talking about the fact that women still don't have an equal share. ALL representation matters and yes we should be digging out and celebrating diversity and elevating it! 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I don't think she is? Reissues of The Red Shoes for RSD and a 10 inch single including songs that were already on that album?

Kate wouldn't do it anyway she hates [people , i like that about her.

one can hope though 

It won't be IWD for the simple reason that 6 Music Festival is taking place then and historically 6 Music Festival and Glastonbury festival usually have a bit of distance between them so that they can milk the 6 Music Festival to death first.

33 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Blimey, I was trying to give you a bit of a lifeline & the benefit of the doubt, never mind, you actually are just a tit.

Don't come with your trying to give me a lifeline bollocks and help me out lol. I don't need anything off of you lol and certainly not your benefit of tbe doubt.

Blimey all you want, you self important man! Keep stuff away from international rubbish. Men and Woman are just as important on the lineup.