LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, deadponyclub said:

also running slow here...

yeh it keeps coming and going, it slows to an absolute unusable crawl for 5 minutes, then it has moments of normality... No other website or page is doing this right now... and I'm hitting 300 on speed test...

I gave Parachutes a spin only last week.  Still stands up strong.  Massively diminishing returns with the quality of every album since mind.  But they aren't the only stellar sized act guilty of that crime.  Most are.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

All the Sold Out signs don't lie:

https://www.coldplay.com/tour/

f**k me.  Coldplay selling out 4 night runs in the biggest stadiums on the planet at over £100 a pop.  World's gone bastard mad.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

f**k me.  Coldplay selling out 4 night runs in the biggest stadiums on the planet at over £100 a pop.  World's gone bastard mad.

But no one listens to them 😁

13 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I gave Parachutes a spin only last week.  Still stands up strong.  Massively diminishing returns with the quality of every album since mind.  But they aren't the only stellar sized act guilty of that crime.  Most are.

I love Parachutes. Also a few songs on Rush of blood. Can't say I've liked anything they have done since then tbh though.

I think Emily's comments about early year announcement were based on thinking Madonna was in the bag. Now that Madonna's not in the bag I think we could be waiting for the usual amount of time (as in late March) for the poster. I'm not convinced we'll get any stand alone announcements but if we do I think it's likely to be for an Other/West Holts headliner. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love something sooner but given Dua/Stevie haven't announced their own dates/BST yet I just can't see an early announcement.

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think Emily's comments about early year announcement were based on thinking Madonna was in the bag. Now that Madonna's not in the bag I think we could be waiting for the usual amount of time (as in late March) for the poster. I'm not convinced we'll get any stand alone announcements but if we do I think it's likely to be for an Other/West Holts headliner. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love something sooner but given Dua/Stevie haven't announced their own dates/BST yet I just can't see an early announcement.

Yeah, if we go with the Madonna thing, Dua Lipa and Coldplay look to have been locked in previously for a long time. Her potentially bailing likely meant there was the need to scramble and finalise things.

49 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

For no particular reason I reckon a Zoe Ball radio 2 announcement of Coldplay. And Mrs C will be happy!😊, and I will have something to bargain with when it comes to organising who we will be seeing😉

Coldplay are just about the biggest, most consistent ticket shifters around.

Judging by the Pyramid crowd in 2011 and what I know from my kids/other people’s teenagers they’re big with the kids now they’ve gone all pop and do songs with BTS and the like. They’re absolutely massive.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I mean, that's the problem - because you don't listen to them you can't see beyond that. 

I mean, I can. There were other things I mentioned too.

I don't listen to Taylor Swift but know she's popular.

Edited by Chip Batch

1 hour ago, stuie said:

But no one listens to them 😁

You don't have to listen to them to enjoy going to a live show. People know their songs anyway, have heard that the shows are good etc. I know lots of people that have been to see them live that don't listen to them.

I was never a massive Coldplay fan but enjoyed their first two albums. Barr the odd song I don’t really know much of what they’ve released since then. Certainly wouldn’t be a must see for me but if there was no one else I was desperate for I’d maybe go.

I haven’t listened to them for ages but all the chat in this thread has made me stick on Parachutes 

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That they're beige? They're wildly inoffensive and extraordinarily massive, to the point that I've generally assumed any dislike of them stems from them being both of those things.

One of the prime characteristics needed to ensure popularity among the general public.

Screw it, let's have a stab at a set.

1 Higher Power
2 Adventure of a Lifetime
3 Paradise
4 Speed of Sound
5 The Scientist
6 Viva la Vida
7 Yellow
8 In My Place
9 Human Heart
10 Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
11 Hymn for the Weekend
12 Clocks
13 My Universe
14 A Sky Full of Stars

15 Glastonbury Surprise #1
16 Glastonbury Surprise #2
17 Fix You
18 Biutyful

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Screw it, let's have a stab at a set.

1 Higher Power
2 Adventure of a Lifetime
3 Paradise
4 Speed of Sound
5 The Scientist
6 Viva la Vida
7 Yellow
8 In My Place
9 Human Heart
10 Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
11 Hymn for the Weekend
12 Clocks
13 My Universe
14 A Sky Full of Stars

15 Glastonbury Surprise #1
16 Glastonbury Surprise #2
17 Fix You
18 Biutyful

Seems like a very good guess 
Would probably swap out Speed of Sound and In My Place for Something Just like this and Charlie Brown, since I feel like they havent played the first two in quite a while. 

Also if I am not mistaken they will be releasing a new album (Moon Music?) this year still, so that might mix it up a bit