LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Without the pull of secret acts at William's Green, Baggy Mondays et al on Thursday afternoon will be HEAVING, you can't get in there on a normal year. A bigger tent is definitely needed. 

100%

Entire festival crowd basically split between Stonebridge bar and Shangri-La on the Thursday. 

What on earth could go wrong...

I’ve gotta say. I’ll never underestimate how lucky I am to be going to Glastonbury and know that it’s so much more than the lineup. But this years is the most drab and uninspired I have seen in my 10 years of attending. It seems to be the case for a lot of UK festivals this year but Glastonbury in particular. Yet some of the US festivals seem a lot more inspired with their line up choices. I know I’ll still have the best time but usually by this point there’s a nice surprise somewhere. Maybe it’s our age bracket (25-30) but most of the people we would want to see here have been done to death. Hopefully some more inspired choices next year. 

Just now, Glasto7 said:

I’ve gotta say. I’ll never underestimate how lucky I am to be going to Glastonbury and know that it’s so much more than the lineup. But this years is the most drab and uninspired I have seen in my 10 years of attending.

Have to disagree.

Maybe Pyramid and The Other are poor, but that's par for the course. However, the important stuff, i.e. post midnight is looking very good.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Have to disagree.

Maybe Pyramid and The Other are poor, but that's par for the course. However, the important stuff, i.e. post midnight is looking very good.

Even before midnight there are some very good acts about. May not be the top names you'd want to see plastered over the headlines but some real good quality acts dotted about the site.

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Even before midnight there are some very good acts about. May not be the top names you'd want to see plastered over the headlines but some real good quality acts dotted about the site.

I agree.

Too much focus on Pyramid and Other when people judge the line up.

Still those two stages serve a purpose.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Dear me this is getting dull as shit, just release the full line up with timings ffs. 

What is dull as shit? I love the area drops. I think it builds excitement. We know we’re not getting the full line up until the end of the month. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

100%

Entire festival crowd basically split between Stonebridge bar and Shangri-La on the Thursday. 

SH should pull some away

36 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

100%

Better than the entire festival in the Glade on the Thursday like last year 😄 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This is a fairly recent thing from what I recall...(last 2-3 festivals) 

In poster form, perhaps. 

Area announcements date back to 2011:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-unfairground-reveals-its-2011-plans/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/shangri-la-venues-and-line-ups-unveiled/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-commons-line-ups-announced/

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

its not all of them though is it?  the park only started doing it in 2019.

don't want to get into an argument about it...personally I just prefer it to come out in one go.

Always love seeing all the differing perspectives

FWIW ...

I love the way they are doing all these drops at the minute - really ramping up the excitement and you are just waiting for what comes next, building up to the big drop.

I absolutely love the line-up so far - and I reckon there are some surprises still to come. I already know I am going to have clashes all over the place.  Loads of live acts that I really want to see, and then loads of really good stuff after hours as well!

I personally think they have smashed it - can't wait 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Always love seeing all the differing perspectives

FWIW ...

I love the way they are doing all these drops at the minute - really ramping up the excitement and you are just waiting for what comes next, building up to the big drop.

I absolutely love the line-up so far - and I reckon there are some surprises still to come. I already know I am going to have clashes all over the place.  Loads of live acts that I really want to see, and then loads of really good stuff after hours as well!

I personally think they have smashed it - can't wait 😁

^^ This. And this some more.