Wrapping myself in cotton wool

plot2pot

It's about this time that I start to consciously think about how awful it would be to have an accident or something that would mean I can't go. As an example, I walk up and down a set of mezzanine steps several times a day at work - on the way down I usually grab the handrails and do the whole run in two leaps. I've just walked down them a step at a time with utmost caution lest I fall! Just wondering if and how others change their behaviours on the run up to ensure they get there in one piece.

1 hour ago, plot2pot said:

It's about this time that I start to consciously think about how awful it would be to have an accident or something that would mean I can't go. As an example, I walk up and down a set of mezzanine steps several times a day at work - on the way down I usually grab the handrails and do the whole run in two leaps. I've just walked down them a step at a time with utmost caution lest I fall! Just wondering if and how others change their behaviours on the run up to ensure they get there in one piece.

Haha I've been at that shit all day. Told my son I couldn't play football and currently panicking that the steak I'm cooking is ok 

Picked up something in the last 48 hours. Sore throat, no energy. No other symptoms. Hoping it’s just a brief head cold. My immune system must be so weak after two years of very minimal interaction with anyone that anything would knock me a bit. 

Edited by kalifire

I’m the same. Have been convinced something would happen and I’ve been very focussed on my technique in the gym.

annoyingly, I hurt my back somehow a week ago and somehow fucked my wrist playing with my son at a playground. Both seem to be healing but I also get gout flare ups, and the last one is just settling. I’m paranoid that it will come back and that will absolutely ruin it.

on top of that I met a mate for a few drinks in Hackney last night and my mum popped over today, inexplicably with a cold. Could ruin our relationship.

i should stop worrying!

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

Husband has toothache, think it might be an absess,wish him luck...

I had an abscess just before 2016 - antibiotics finished on the Tuesday so I could drink form Wednesday but my mouth was sore all festival. I wish him luck and hope it improves 😢

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larraht said:

In the last 48 hours I've started feeling ropey. Cough, sore throat, bit worn out. Tested twice and I'm negative but still can't believe that NOW is the time to get ill.

Hoping that I can shake it by Wednesday. 

Luckily (?) I had a really bad cold two weeks ago - reckon I’m immune now 😂

7 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

I’m the same. Have been convinced something would happen and I’ve been very focussed on my technique in the gym.

annoyingly, I hurt my back somehow a week ago and somehow fucked my wrist playing with my son at a playground. Both seem to be healing but I also get gout flare ups, and the last one is just settling. I’m paranoid that it will come back and that will absolutely ruin it.

on top of that I met a mate for a few drinks in Hackney last night and my mum popped over today, inexplicably with a cold. Could ruin our relationship.

i should stop worrying!

You’re living life on a knife edge.

2 hours ago, bennyboi said:

I’ve been out on my bike 4 nights in a row to keep fit for next week, not done anything too gnarly though & probably won’t go one Monday night if it’s wet. 

I mountain bike, I stopped riding it two weeks ago. Glad it's not just me reading everything in here 😁.

Every time I go in to Tesco I'm in fear mode every time I hear a cough or sniffle.

All this stress is probably running my immune system down.

I always think this at Christmas time. When I'm driving to work on Christmas eve on the M4, I always think if anything tragic happened  to me now, my family would always associate this day with my death, Christmas would be forever tainted with grief for them. 

Ha, I'm a happy soul.  Anyway I feel like shit, I've had covid twice. I think I just have a cold, I've tested five times in the last couple of days, all negative. 

For some reason I always worry about my teeth 😬

I've been going to Glastonbury for over a hundred years and I've got this irrational fear of toothache. Like I'm going to the furthest reaches of the rain forest with only a  Bruce Parry apprentice to mop my brow. 

I probably need more sleep, or something 😴 

Edited by Kizzie

23 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I mountain bike, I stopped riding it two weeks ago. Glad it's not just me reading everything in here 😁.

Every time I go in to Tesco I'm in fear mode every time I hear a cough or sniffle.

All this stress is probably running my immune system down.

I can’t, just bought a race bike got my first enduro in sept and my bike is significantly different to my old one so I NEED to get use to riding it. Plus if I don’t ride I get twitchy after 48hrs, Glasto or not.
So I’m keeping both wheels on the ground as much as I can & there’s a bit more comfort breaking until after G. 

1 hour ago, adamg1602 said:

Coconut oil is good for an abscess.. swish a tablespoon in your mouth twice a day for 20 minutes then wash out with salt water. Does clear them up, failing that antibiotics from the dentist but they normally mean you can't drink

Was going to say, Apple cider vinegar for as long as you can stand is also highly antibiotic. Tastes disgusting, but it has sorted my one iffy tooth out very quickly before.