Football 2022/23

charlierc

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not necessarily.

I do think that football fans in general should be making more fuss about teams owned by states and circumventing FFP

And yea Newcastle haven't gone mad yet.

That requires the possibility for teams to bridge the gap without circumventing FFP, I'm not convinced that possibility has existed over the last 20 years. While I dont particularly want a system where teams owned by states are dominating. I also don't want the previous system where a team of elites built up a gap which FFP guaranteed they would always keep their places.

FFP is more about wages than transfer fee's. Look at a team like Leicester who have sold really well but been trying to hang onto their better players with the wages they can get elsewhere vs say a Nottingham Forest who haven't been paying established prem wages for a while.

I'm far more concerned with supporting my own team, rather than moaning about the unfairness of others winning. other teams have always won far more trophies, and by and large its been by unlikeable shitbags - whether that's been by methods deemed fair or unfair, it doesn't really make a difference to me. City or Chelsea aren't inherently any more likeable or unlikeable than Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. Basically every team who isnt Spurs are a bunch of twats. 

And yes, before you say it, i know that Spurs are also mostly a bunch of twats too, but they're my twats 😊 

Newcastle's game at Fulham was very much what I would've hoped for when I went to the Bournemouth match 2 weeks ago. Still, a win was needed and one has been got. So good to see.

Quite a lot of intriguing results from yesterday in general - Arsenal are picking up very well, Spurs had a game plan that could work but unravelled in the context of this game, Chelsea still have some work to do, Brighton have very much hit the ground running under their new gaffer, Liverpool still look shaky, and Wolves now feel like they might be in trouble.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Can Arsenal challenge City or will the league be over by Xmas? 

In a way it's a shame Arsenal's game with Man City in two weeks has been rearranged. That may have given us a real taste of whether Arsenal do have the chops to go toe-to-toe with them, not least as given that Man City dropped points at Newcastle and Aston Villa (and could easily have lost both of those games), they aren't necessarily invincible.

Saying that, going forward, you need your defence to be truly on it to keep that forward line quiet.

Haaland figures are crazy, could easily break all records this season. Would not even rule him out of Dixie Deans record if he stops fit for the season. Especially when defences are not very good in the premier league this season. 

Final bit of the jigsaw for the champions league. 

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Haaland figures are crazy, could easily break all records this season. Would not even rule him out of Dixie Deans record if he stops fit for the season. Especially when defences are not very good in the premier league this season. 

I wonder if they are now glad they didn't get Kane. Would they have gone for both?

14 hours ago, thetime said:

The service he's getting is incredible aswell. Every time they're in the last 3rd they're looking to get the ball to him. Dream job. He'll score 40 tap ins this season. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

The KDB ball for Haaland yeterday was absolutely unreal. He was fairly central on the pitch but it somehow still looked like a cross from out wide. They're untouchable at the moment.

Ridiculous yeah. Was kinda under his feet aswell. City will break all goal records this season. Can see a few 8, 9 or even 10 nils.

+20 goal difference after 8 games. And they've conceded 9 goals. They'll break their 106 record.

Also, Rodgers last game tonight if they lose?

55 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ridiculous yeah. Was kinda under his feet aswell. City will break all goal records this season. Can see a few 8, 9 or even 10 nils.

+20 goal difference after 8 games. And they've conceded 9 goals. They'll break their 106 record.

Yeah I think this could be the season when the finally with the CL. Wouldn't be surprised if they won every competition this year. The only thing that could stop them is injuries at the world cup but even then they probably have the squad to cope with it.

Leicester have a pretty good run of fixtures coming up so I think Rodgers might be ok with a few wins in a row. I also made the idiotic decision to pick Maddison as my FPL captain this week for a differential from Haaland. Moron.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:47 PM, Skip997 said:

Bye

Join the other twat of a City fan on ignore

Which bit was I wrong about? 

Now I know you will not see this but you are not from Liverpool, you only support them because they were once successful and now you're having a whinge because in your mind you think that you have a divine right to win things and are having a hissy fit because there is a team that is better than you.

Instead of actually being able to prove the points you make, you see your arse, call me a twat and ignore me. 

Thats how clueless, plastic, glory hunting Liverpool fans generally behave. I bet you were not moaning when the Moore's family were investing all their money into you, which enabled you to win everything.

Edited by eastynh

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Reports after their thumping at Spurs before the international break hinted that Leicester might not have the money to sack him.

Initially I thought there might be a deluge of sackings in the World Cup break, but if anything, the managerial sacking game has already started and been at a higher volume than usual. The Championship is already on a decent number of chopping and changing.

18 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I wonder if they are now glad they didn't get Kane. Would they have gone for both?

I mean, I doubt one of Kane or Haaland would've been thrilled to be the other's understudy given Man City's preference to play with a central striker and neither really striking me as one who could also play out wide.