Football 2022/23

charlierc

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Was VAR that ruined it for me. Hasn't been the same game since it came in. Barely watch footie anymore.

Same here.

For me it's a combination of VAR and the state run clubs that have ruined it, they're basically cheating.

No wonder Liverpool are struggling this season. Imagine losing out by 1 or 2 points when achieving over 90 points in 3 out of the last 5 seasons (?), 2 losses per season being too many all because of a financially doped state run club when they've don e it properly with hardly any net spend. They're totally demoralised and I'm not surprised.

27 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Same here.

For me it's a combination of VAR and the state run clubs that have ruined it, they're basically cheating.

No wonder Liverpool are struggling this season. Imagine losing out by 1 or 2 points when achieving over 90 points in 3 out of the last 5 seasons (?), 2 losses per season being too many all because of a financially doped state run club when they've don e it properly with hardly any net spend. They're totally demoralised and I'm not surprised.

The net spend of city and Liverpool since 2018 isn't really that different. Something like 100m, over 7 or 8 transfer windows. So pretty much the coutinho transfer.

City are just very savvy in the transfer market. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

The net spend of city and Liverpool since 2018 isn't really that different. Something like 100m, over 7 or 8 transfer windows. So pretty much the coutinho transfer.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense, how many wing backs have city bought in that time? They can just keep spending till they get it right.

Liverpool need to get it right first time every time, they are the ones that are very savvy in the transfer market.

In the last 5 seasons: net spend - Man City £505.6 million, Liverpool £92.4 million

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Anyway don't know why I'm bothering, I've given up on football.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Net spend doesn't take into account wages so not sure it's the best financial comparison.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Tuchel sacked!

Blimey.

10 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

All the Chelsea fans I know haven’t been happy with team selection and tactics for a long time. Add the fact that it appears he’s now got a number of senior players unhappy with his management it’s not all that surprising. 

The notes seem to be that this is less of surprise to those with skin in the game, whether by knowing club insiders or being fans, than it is to us. Seems like too many fissure points between both Tuchel & the new owners and between Tuchel & the players for the union to hold.

Still quite a surprise to hand your manager a £300million war chest than turf him out at the first rocky patch, but clearly, must've just been a fundamental failure of the parties to work together.

Potter is a surprise. Thought they might go for Poch or Zidane if the goal is to maintain top 4 place.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:09 PM, Skip997 said:

Sorry but this is complete nonsense, how many wing backs have city bought in that time? They can just keep spending till they get it right.

Liverpool need to get it right first time every time, they are the ones that are very savvy in the transfer market.

In the last 5 seasons: net spend - Man City £505.6 million, Liverpool £92.4 million

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Anyway don't know why I'm bothering, I've given up on football.

You haven't really bothered here tbf, your source is well off (looks like it's 13-18 rather than 18-now). City's net spend is better than Liverpool's over the last 5 years.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

You haven't really bothered here tbf, your source is well off (looks like it's 13-18 rather than 18-now). City's net spend is better than Liverpool's over the last 5 years.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

Better as in higher, because believe me every single source I've every looked at puts City's net spend as many times more than Liverpool's, it's not even close.

Anyone who believes that City don't spend considerably more than Liverpool is frankly a lunatic or a serious WUM.

Anyway I've given up following football, bye

11 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Do we reckon games will go ahead this weekend? Watching the United game & apparently UEFA said it was too late to call it off.

No pre-match or half time discussion, so it's OK to show football, but not to talk about it! It's gonna be a weird few days!

We'll find out tomorrow, but I would suspect that there will be postponements this weekend.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

In my view we shouldn't be postponing games on Saturday, not so much a problem today and tomorrow. If people want to mourn for 10 days fine, let the rest of us get on with our lives and don't hit businesses who rely on the trade.

Totally agree … the fixture schedule is also a nightmare for those in Europe … no idea how they will manage to fit those games in if we miss 2 weekends worth of fixtures plus 2 mid week 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

at the moment just the weekend .... 

Cheers and as you said on the news thread, it's all a bit of a shambles really. Allowing these things to go ahead with a tribute would have probably been quite touching with a big round of applause, big maj banners in the crowd or something like that.

26 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Cheers and as you said on the news thread, it's all a bit of a shambles really. Allowing these things to go ahead with a tribute would have probably been quite touching with a big round of applause, big maj banners in the crowd or something like that.

Guarantee there'd be some fans who would act the prick

15 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Country has lost its head like I knew it would. Absolutely no reason for things to be cancelled, life goes on, I had to go to work today. I'm in a sim racing group online and they've decided not to stream the races for the rest of their season (two weeks left) 😂

Most kids football has gone as well. I'm not a royalist but can't believe the queen would want kids stuck in mourning instead of being out playing in a field.