The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's folk seeking out the shade on sunny days no doubt, but I'd hazard a guess that most of them are hungover rather than unable to normally cope with 23 degrees.

I'm fairly sure 2011 was one of the hottest I've been to and looking back it seemed to be 23°

It 100% had more of a negative impact than any "rainy" years I've been to (minus 2016 but that's the other end of the scale)

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I'm fairly sure 2011 was one of the hottest I've been to and looking back it seemed to be 23°

It 100% had more of a negative impact than any "rainy" years I've been to (minus 2016 but that's the other end of the scale)

2011 was a mud bath. You're thinking of 2010 which was glorious. 

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Has all UK meteorological equipment been set up in the shade?  I did not get this memo.

Yes

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Other countries aren't actually warmer - they just sneak their measurement equipment into the sunshine when nobody is looking.

Other countries do the same thing.

Been an avid reader of this topic for the past couple of months and would like to thank those that provide the charts and the interpretations of them, I`d like to thank Nal for the fun (there is only one Nal)

I won`t be back on this Topic, gotta finish packing and get an early night ready for an early start tomorrow and the Drive down from Scotland but before I go here`s my tuppence worth 🙂 

No Rain is the only acceptable option and on that I will not compromise.

I`ll Take any temp from 15 to 30 Deg C, my own preference would be towards the higher end. I know that doesn't suit everyone but there you go.

Everyone enjoy Glastonbury and stay safe (and dry) anyone going to the meet look out for me I`ll be the one wearing the NFRNFC shirt 🙂  

Always been baffled about the no rain, no compromise business. 

We can’t control the weather so does that mean all the NFRNFC lot will go home at the first sign of drizzle?

Or will you actually compromise and deal with the wet stuff should we get any? 

Latest week ahead from Met Office. A north south split over the weekend with showery cool conditions in the North and SUNNY DRY WEATHER FOR GLASTONBURY. 

Refers to Tuesday as ‘heavy, persistent rain, some rumbles of thunder’.  

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1670823758817546249?s=46&t=OD2g_A8MExyBtWvnPpmuEA

IMG_6629.png

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Latest week ahead from Met Office. A north south split over the weekend with showery cool conditions and SUNNY DRY WEATHER FOR GLASTONBURY. 

Refers to Tuesday as ‘heavy, persistent rain, some rumbles of thunder’.  

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1670823758817546249?s=46&t=OD2g_A8MExyBtWvnPpmuEA

IMG_6629.png

So is this it?? Can I leave wellies at home and go with walking boots, converse and sandles? 

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

You should always do that anyway, wellies offer no advantage over hiking boots

I have  had mud go over the top of walking boots, multiple times, it was not pleasant. 

They have a place, just maybe not at the farm since they did so much drainage work. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Always been baffled about the no rain, no compromise business. 

We can’t control the weather so does that mean all the NFRNFC lot will go home at the first sign of drizzle?

Or will you actually compromise and deal with the wet stuff should we get any? 

I can get behind NFR, it does dampen the atmosphere especially if it's persistent for an entire day or more

I just don't understand those wanting it hot. What's the downside to it being (for me a very pleasant) 17-19? You have to wear a jumper, heaven forbid? 

What do these people do at night, go back to the tent and switch into a full cosy outfit? Wooly hat, hand warmers?

We're getting closer and closer!

It's time for the 12Z... what will it bring?

TUESDAY

Very similar to the last run, as we know, with the threat of a lot of heavy rain in the early hours.

It's then a dry morning before a very small amount of afternoon rain.

All in, good drying temperatures of 21-22.

WEDNESDAY

Dry when gates open with temps of 19.

image.thumb.png.11c7b45c12402fcdc12f55fa56d1122a.png

Still showing the possibility of some very, very light showers in the PM - but nothing of note whatsoever. Temps of 21.

image.thumb.png.8bf064c28a247f3a348122330c56819c.png

Overnight temps into Thursday: 13

THURSDAY

Completely dry (though with the threat of a little rain close by), highs of 22.

Overnight temps into Friday: 12-14

image.thumb.png.479d11147735bfd4f4a5b0b2e2721cb6.png

FRIDAY

Completely dry, highs of 21.

Overnight temps into Saturday:  15-17

image.thumb.png.3387cc62b846441ecf9c429ecf582bbe.png
SATURDAY

Completely dry, highs of 23.

Overnight temps into Sunday: 

image.thumb.png.4576f95887f15e8d19a9805387900dfd.png
SUNDAY

Completely dry, highs of 25-26.

Temps through Elton are still up at 22-23.

Overnight temps into Monday:  15-16

image.thumb.png.5cf94d3e9c4f9c7b6f11fa75ea8e58a0.png

SUMMARY!

Another absolutely excellent run, and people will definitely appreciate getting a degree or two back on the temps in the last run.

So, so close.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

No Rain is the only acceptable option and on that I will not compromise.

I`ll Take any temp from 15 to 30 Deg C, my own preference would be towards the higher end. I know that doesn't suit everyone but there you go.

Everyone enjoy Glastonbury and stay safe (and dry) anyone going to the meet look out for me I`ll be the one wearing the NFRNFC shirt 🙂  

What will you do if there is some rain?

Edited by sime

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

Temps through Elton are still up at 22-23.

Overnight temps into Monday:  15-16

image.thumb.png.5cf94d3e9c4f9c7b6f11fa75ea8e58a0.png

Although the rain from Sunday night into Monday looks interesting and possibly a bit problematic for us if it develops any earlier - might be one to keep an eye out for...