The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

31 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The past 2 have been the best we can possibly get. 

No!!! Other half got sunstroke in 2019, (I remember saying at the time I'd rather have rain)and last year it was way too hot Wednesday, Thursday.

The current forecast if it happens is perfect 

2 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

No!!! Other half got sunstroke in 2019, (I remember saying at the time I'd rather have rain)and last year it was way too hot Wednesday, Thursday.

Well to be fair, getting sunstroke is kind of not the weather's fault. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

It’s summer, temperatures of 20-25 are the norm not the exception. 

• Upvote 1

Based on that last run, Sunday for Elton would be clear, sunny, largely cloudless and that means a great sunset… provided everyone sunscreens up and drinks enough water, it’s basically perfect, 2010‘s Stevie weather back to honour another legend

Accuweather pissing on everyone's chips with their latest forecast.*

image.png.aaafa70742b23a4ffe7b5c90814dbcd3.png

*But actually, it's not all bad.

They're predicting for the "rainy" days:
Wed - 1.5 hours of rain amounting a total of a pathetic 1.5 mm in total.
Fri - 4 hour of rain amounting 7.7 mm.
Sat - 2.5 hours of rain amounting to 3.7 mm of rain.
Sun - 1.5 hours of rain amounting a totally pathetic 0.8 mm of rain.

Rest of the time it's gonna be a very comfortable 20-23 degrees, sunny, with some cloud cover. 

So pretty diverse for lots of preferences. 

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Rest of the time it's gonna be a very comfortable 20-23 degrees, sunny, with some cloud cover. 

Even with relentless optimism, I'll admit that Friday doesn't look great. But the rest of it is fine.  Even on Friday, I'll just see stuff in Woodsies, best soundsystem on site 😎

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This can go away and be put firmly in the sh*t weather drawer. 

No rain! 2010 all over again 🙏

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Even with relentless optimism, I'll admit that Friday doesn't look great. But the rest of it is fine.  Even on Friday, I'll just see stuff in Woodsies, best soundsystem on site 😎

4 hours out of 24 ain't half bad. It'd dry out in half a day, and besides, could be at night when everyone's sleeping, and everyone's got a poncho or raincoat/wellies/boots... Should be fine! 😁

1 minute ago, Franky said:

This can go away and be put firmly in the sh*t weather drawer. 

No rain! 2010 all over again 🙏

2010 had more people seeking medical aid than any other year... it was a relentless horrible oven 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jun/27/glastonbury-weather-extreme-hot-moaning

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

2010 had more people seeking medical aid than any other year... it was a relentless horrible oven 

People who didn’t look after themselves to be fair. Why should I have to drown in 3 feet of mud because someone can’t put sun screen on and drink some water 🤷‍♂️

Uh uh not on my watch 

2010 All over again  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

By Sunday, I'll need it to cool down. That's the day I want it most comfortable.

Starting hot & cooling down, whilst annoying, is much more preferable than getting hotter

Please can you confirm or not if this is a parody account when it comes to the weather thread?

Year on year you manage to pretty much convince me you're either an eskimo or a snowman with your moans about temperature.

7 minutes ago, Franky said:

People who didn’t look after themselves to be fair. Why should I have to drown in 3 feet of mud because someone can’t put sun screen on and drink some water 🤷‍♂️

Uh uh not on my watch 

2010 All over again  

Everyone for themselves! 😅 Boris, is that you? If you saw someone drowning in 3-feet of mud, you'd be like, "What, can't you get out and save yourself?"

It's not people who can't look after themselves though is it? It becomes as much of a slog as a muddy year. For all of the sunscreen you put on, that doesn't stop the heat existing. Everyone seeking out shade, alcohol becomes less appealing, everyone's tired - until early evening when the sun finally starts to go down and the party actually starts - and as a result of all that, the vibe is sh*t.

Also - fwiw as you've blown it out of all proportion, the forecast from Accu I posted, isn't gonna leave the Farm in a mudbath anyway... 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just to show how forecasts are all over the place, how’s about this one

IMG_0535.thumb.png.1c6f505f0eb9edd20a9560f457cfb3f1.png

This is based on the GFS 0z date. Essentially showing what Briddj has just described this morning, in picture form.

Metcheck also uses GFS but is ridiculously slow to update - it’s still basing its forecast on last nights 18z run. Once it updates it should like similar to the above.

Saul Goodman.

It is just getting better and better. Even the wind is easing a bit.

All days 22c, dry, light/mod wind. Overnight lows 15c.

No Wellies. 🙂 We're on.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Everyone for themselves! 😅 Boris, is that you? If you saw someone drowning in 3-feet of mud, you'd be like, "What, can't you get out and save yourself?"

It's not people who can't look after themselves though is it? It becomes as much of a slog as a muddy year. For all of the sunscreen you put on, that doesn't stop the heat existing. Everyone seeking out shade, alcohol becomes less appealing, everyone's tired - until early evening when the sun finally starts to go down and the party actually starts - and as a result of all that, the vibe is sh*t.

Also - fwiw as you've blown it out of all proportion, the forecast from Accu I posted, isn't gonna leave the Farm in a mudbath anyway... 

Must be weird for the folk watching at home seeing the Pyramid stage deserted whenever it’s 25+ degrees because everyone at the festival is dying in the shade somewhere.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Saul Goodman.

It is just getting better and better. Even the wind is easing a bit.

All days 22c, dry, light/mod wind. Overnight lows 15c.

No Wellies. 🙂 We're on.

Ive not been following for a few hours, is that seriously the trend? Fantastic if so