The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

4 hours ago, TiZuff said:

you know its close when you see a post about crap weather, get that sinking feeling...

and then realise the nal got you again... for the 8th year in a row

haha, I don't come on here that often but remembered the name 😁

29 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Every month this year has been warm or very warm, and May is well above average so far too…. Global warming at its finest… and June is expected to follow suit…

IMG_7302.jpeg.03efd033e9fab844b21333b7f25d3d90.jpeg

It's been about 13c here all month till last week up Norf, always assumed May was much warmer than that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sunnyshoes said:

The emotional rollercoaster of this thread has officially started. I remember last year was a bit tense at points - and it was perfect weather. The pondering and everyone turning into meteorologists for one month of the year makes it my favourite thread. 

Same here. I know Glastonbury is close when I login to look at the weather thread again. Every Glastonbury since 2009 has involved analysing the weather on here, and despite the fact that the predictions have never once been accurate, I'm still back here with a month to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

07 and 16 particularly muddy .... for balance 2010 and 2019 particularly warm 

2019 was my first time on The Farm (I know, I know...) and I almost melted. I can remember queuing for a spot to sit in some shade! 

Last year was much more manageable ☺️ (for me).

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Not as often as the media and non attendees would have you believe.

Listen to them and you'd think it was every year.

Yeah, and no wet year is the same as the others either, they miss that too. 2007 was a totally different thing to 2016 for example. Then you've got the ones where there was a bit of rain for a while, which the media went to town on, but the overall picture was actually alright.

4 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Every month this year has been warm or very warm, and May is well above average so far too…. Global warming at its finest… and June is expected to follow suit…

Bloody hell, not where I live, the grass has only just started growing properly and we had frosts up till last week, it’s been a long winter

2 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

2011 and 2016 were stand out bad ones. 2011 watching U2 on the Friday night was a particularly low glastonbury moment for me. 

I was at both those festivals and had piles the size of Grapefruits in 2016. Barely made it through. Horrible experience I have to say. Told myself I'm never coming back. Then went in 2017 and last year and lucked out both times. 

Also discovered suppositories for the Nobby styles. 

The festival is a different animal in the mud. 

12 hours ago, Franky said:

Because we want it to be fun! Fairly simple reason really lol

Yeah I dont think anyone was having fun in 2019 when they shut off the water. 

Overall it  just needs to be balanced. Some sun, some clouds and some rain to keep the dust down and the temps even. You dont want 5 days straight of 30 degrees with blazing sun and no wind.

Edited by Suprefan

Just now, Suprefan said:

Yeah I dont think anyone was having fun in 2019 when they shut off the water. 

Overall it  just needs to be balanced. Some sun and some rain to keep the dust down and the temps even. You dont want 5 days straight of 30 degrees. 

Don’t I? Well I’m glad you know what I want lol 😂

5 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Not here! Until this week it’s been bloody freezing for May, with rain every day!

2 minutes ago, SighMo said:

For showers only as far as I know; was always dead easy to fill up water bottles.

Now now, I’m sure it was unbearable having all that sun and dry grass. 

I cannot believe that even now people think even 1 drop of rain is acceptable. Only madness that way lays. 

NFCNFR

2010 All over again.