Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You know there were 8 headliners this year and 50% of them were "legends" whose peak was fully 30/40 years ago. Could make same statement that as such not likely to be accruing younger fans either...!

She has no radio hits or enduring classics like the ones that got booked this year though, and by the sounds of it this latest album isn't exactly main stage bangers either.

I'd like to see her there unless Bilbao BBK/Mad Cool offer her a better deal, but she'll be doing a similar sort of slot to The War On Drugs/Christine & The Queens I imagine rather than a significant main stage slot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

She has no radio hits or enduring classics like the ones that got booked this year though, and by the sounds of it this latest album isn't exactly main stage bangers either.

You’re right.

On the other hand I was only responding to the OP’s suggestions that legends are now usually a sub at PS and that their popularity is diminishing.

New Order, Blur, DM, PSB - all good enough to headline despite their heydey being before 20stgs were even born.

• Upvote 1

yes yes yes that 2016 line up for me was a killer  

I was going from one stage to another non stop  

and PJ Harvey was on the main stage  and she KILLED it 

I was in tears 😭 

It was my first primavera and I got completely addicted to this festival since then 

been going every year and what I also noticed in 2019 when they released the 50/50 line up the crowd had slightly changed. There were many more LGBTQ+ people. I guess the female pop headliners that year brought a different crowd which wasn’t primavera before (Miley Cyrus - Robyn - roisin Murphy - Carly Rae Jepsen etc) 

even my boyfriend decided to come that year whereas before he wasn’t interested  

and I noticed since 2019 so 2022 (both weekends) and this year the crowd is not the crowd we had in 2016/2017/2018

And I love it ! 

so maybe next year they’ll try to reach another crowd with some different headliners (the way they tried Calvin Harris?) 

6 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone know how long it takes for the bar credit deposit for Ciudad shows takes to be refunded? I attended all of mine and didn't know how to access the credit for the bar let alone spend it

I’m still waiting too. Emailed the access app chat and they said on 11th June :

Hello!

You will receive your refund in the next few days once the festival is over!

Thank you for contacting us!
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:07 PM, jannybruck said:

PJ Harvey has no radio hits but she has like 4-5 records that are definitely "enduring classics". Rid of Me, Bring You My Love, Stories from the City and Let England Shake are all definitely enduring classic records.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2023 at 11:06 AM, yaniv297 said:

PJ Harvey has no radio hits but she has like 4-5 records that are definitely "enduring classics". Rid of Me, Bring You My Love, Stories from the City and Let England Shake are all definitely enduring classic records.

Agree. Saying "PJ Harvey has no hits" fundamentally underestimates what she's about

• Like 1

Another one for PJ Harvey has every right to be on the main stage (first big act of the evening). Indeed she played there last time she was over.

Grace Jones is another (very different but) great performer and icon who played the main stage, yet without the singles chart success (never had a top 10 hit) and who was there on merit and a good fit.

And Bjork doesn't really play any radio friendly songs either but again would absolutely be on the main stage.

All of them legends in their own way.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, frankburns said:

Refunds received🙂

Same here, so I think now it's safe to say that they really managed to find the perfect ciutat reservation system (after the 2022 fiasco). Let's hope they don't change anything next year (and the ciutat programme will be at least as rich as this year).

Hotel booked already!

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...