Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

Just now, joydiv said:

‘Insider’ saying Calvin Harris is a headliner on a discord thread 🥲🥲 hoping this is not true

Tonight there will be incredible rumors like this, this is happening because in reality this year nobody knows anything, the PS did a great job not letting anything leak out 💪

5 hours ago, pne094 said:

Also remember Nick Cave take time to praise the festival and the incredible lineup, and asked everyone to go see Swans when they played. 

Thank you for the 2011 memories. My first edition as well, I then returned evry year until 2016 - when I watched ty segall then action bronson, then looked out to the power station chimneys and gave myself a wee chat about how I was a dad now, and wouldn't be back for a while. And so it proved. I did return this year but I had a very mixed experience sadly. The insane overcrowding really spoiled it. I expect folk who came during the noughties felt by 2011 it was losing its character! Things change. As a final addition to your memories - it was actually Suicide that Nick Cave asked /told folk to go and see. They played their first LP on the Ray Ban immediately following Grinderman. It was the first time I'd ever seen Nick Cave or Suicide perform. What a night. On the Saturday I saw John Cale performing Paris 1919 (I know everyone goes on about sufjan Stevens, but John Cale, and Mike Mills Big Star Band (2012) and Suede (2016) are *my* auditori moments), the fiery furnaces, then left the festival during Fleet Foxes, to watch Barcelona win the European Cup at the arc de triomf! Met Jarvis Cocker on the way out. Returned in time for Animal Collective doing a dreadful set - probably the only bad thing I saw all weekend. It seems I then opted for DJ shadow Over DJ Coco. Very tasteful of me at 3am, on my 4th night out in a row 🙂

https://clashfinder.com/m/prim11/?user=0yctrf.tp

I am excited, or at least pretty interested, to see the poster tomorrow, but I don't think I will ever be back. 

• Like 1

My guesses...

Bjork - Rosalía - Camilla Cabello/Halsey 

Kendrick Lamar - Denzel Curry - Doja Cat 

Depeche Mode - Blur/Pulp - LCD Soundsystem

Lower down... The War on Drugs, FKA Twigs, Belle and Sebastian, Sigur Ros, The Comet is Coming, Stereolab, Fever Ray, Sparks, Ezra Furman, Afghan Whigs, Death Grips, Ty Segall, Freddie Gibbs, Yard Act.

Punt...

Kings of Convenience.

Personal Wishes...

Rival Schools, Brutus, Marlowe, Holy Fawn, bdrmm, Be Your Own Pet.

3 hours ago, Enkidu said:

I'm hoping he's not playing either, but the festival is getting poppier and more mainstream, so it's not that much of a stretch

Its been mainstream since it started selling out consistently a few years ago. If it was just a cool hidden gem type of thing still then you wouldnt have had all those crowding issues this year. 

7 hours ago, Enkidu said:

I'm hoping he's not playing either, but the festival is getting poppier and more mainstream, so it's not that much of a stretch

The mainstream part is better served with pop acts and rap/trap/latin artists though. All of these are much more popular while also somewhat accepted in the music-critic circles. EDM is dead and throwing money and big DJs does not make any sense. Even though Calvin Harris is on the less-awful side of EDM, he would damage PS reputation for having a carefully selected booking. Cant tell people Florence +The Machine did not impress you enough to book her and then go ahead and give a headslot to Calvin Harris.

As a booker, If you'd seen the ticket sales for Swedish House Mafia, you wouldn't touch any EDM artist again.

Im pretty sure Pup will be on this.

Edited by Quadrophobia

14 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

The mainstream part is better served with pop acts and rap/trap/latin artists though. All of these are much more popular while also somewhat accepted in the music-critic circles. EDM is dead and throwing money and big DJs does not make any sense. Even though Calvin Harris is on the less-awful side of EDM, he would damage PS reputation for having a carefully selected booking. Cant tell people Florence +The Machine did not impress you enough to book her and then go ahead and give a headslot to Calvin Harris.

As a booker, If you'd seen the ticket sales for Swedish House Mafia, you wouldn't touch any EDM artist again.

Im pretty sure Pup will be on this.

Pup play at Novarock so I'd say it's likely

I winder are people reading too much into the 'edm' label, and it could just be some big electronic act? 

I live around half the year in the Netherlands and friends of mine use 'edm' to refer just about any type of electronic dance music, not just the stuff that's referred to as edm in uk/us media. 

So it could just be, say, the Prodigy. 

Harris would be a very surprising booking IMO but this festival is full of surprises... 

Anyway, not long to go now. 

50 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I winder are people reading too much into the 'edm' label, and it could just be some big electronic act? 

I live around half the year in the Netherlands and friends of mine use 'edm' to refer just about any type of electronic dance music, not just the stuff that's referred to as edm in uk/us media. 

So it could just be, say, the Prodigy. 

Harris would be a very surprising booking IMO but this festival is full of surprises... 

Anyway, not long to go now. 

Fatboy Slim is very active for early 2023 and is on a few festival lineups already.

Thinking about it, the only headline-candidates that are not complete wild guesses right now are Blur and Travis Scott.

I'd say Burna Boy could be a rare exemption of the "never twice" rule, too, but London stadium on the 3rd of June does not sound like he'll just drop by PS one or two days earlier. 

Undercard guesses would be Turnstile, Pup, Denzel Curry, Death Grips, Code Orange, Lil Ugly Mane, Converge, MIKE, zulu, Soul Glo, Touche Amore, Young Fathers and The Beths. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

325 euro is currently £280 so not wildly out of whack with UK prices given substantial inflation

glastonbury is £340

primavera porto is however 140 euro so if thats any good, could be a decent alternative…,.

Porto is becoming more and more interesting for me considering I've seen most of the really big names i want to see and I feel BCN is becoming way too crowded

• Upvote 2