Slam Dunk Festival 2023

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Only clashes for me are Static Dress/Trophy Eyes, Boston Manor/Gogol Bordello and the headliners. Fortunately I'm going to both days though, and already seen Static Dress and Boston Manor 10 times each and Shikari 8 times.

That's what's pushing me towards Gogol Bordello too

Shikari & Offspring aside (which we already knew about), forthe first time at any festival ever, I have zero clashes and am going to be able to see every single band I want to see 😄 

Heriot > Higher Power > SeeYouSpaceCowboy > Spanish Love Songs > Trophy Eyes > Real Friends > Gogol Bordello > Four Year Strong > The Menzingers > Less Than Jake > Creeper > Malevolence > Enter Shikari 

What a bloody run! 

• Like 1

My clashes are pretty rough unfortunately. Four Year Strong/Kids in Glass Houses clash is awful. The two time slots before the headliners are filled with things on my list while Enter Shikari/The Offspring are no must sees for me because I've seen them a couple of times.

It's gonna be something like this:
?? > Hawthorne Heights > Zebrahead > ?? > Underoath > Kids In Glass Houses > The Academy Is... > We Came As Romans > Yellowcard > Enter Shikari > DJ Fresh

Think so far I'm looking at:

Youth Fountain > Movements > Trash Boat > Spanish Love Songs > Dragged Under > Trophy Eyes/Static Dress > Gogol Bordello > bit of Four Year Strong > Flogging Molly > first half Creeper > half Bowling For Soup > second half Yellowcard > Enter Shikari

Could see myself on the day just doing full Creeper & Yellowcard and skipping Bowling For Soup but we'll see!

If I can’t end up selling my tickets here’s what my schedule will be;

Heriot > Higher Power > SeeYouSpaceBoy > Spanish Love Songs > Holding Absence > Wargasm > Boston Manor > Kids In Glass Houses > Jxdn > Creeper > Billy Talent > The Offspring

I can see me and my husband coming to blows on this. I've always been a bit more cheesy pop punk than him. 

I'm thinking 

something -> something -> Zebrahead -> Millencolin -> Gogol Bordello -> Kids In Glass Houses -> Less Than Jake -> SOME of B4S - > Some of Yellowcard -> Offspring. 

Always wanted to see The Offspring, they were my gateaway band at age 13, lol. 

Husband wants to see PVRIS, Billy Talent, Hawthorn Heights etc. 

So we'll have to see. TBF I've seen LTJ and Zebrahead a fair few times. 

Would have loved to have seen Sum last year. I used to be a mega fan back in the day. But, tbh, I'm still not quite over Steve leaving. 🙃

I can see my mate coaxing me into The Offspring, and knowing I'll probably see Shikari later in the year, I'll probably cave.

The real horrible clashes are Molly/KIGH and LTJ/The Academy Is. The reunions are fairly easy choices but I'm still disappointed at missing the others. Not a fan of Billy Talent/Yellowcard either but at least I'll probably catch a bit of BT at the start.

Edited by DomDom1984

Looking like a busy day for me

Sincere Engineer > Destroy Boys > Teenage Bottlerocket > Spanish Love Songs > Fireworks > Millencolin > Underoath > Menzingers > Less Than Jake > Creeper > Malevolence > The Offspring

Bands in bold are my must see’s. will leave Menzingers early to get to LTJ then leave that early to get a good spot for Creeper.

Heriot > Vukovi > SeeYouSpaceCowboy > Spanish Love Songs > Holding Absence > Static Dress > Gogol Bordello > First few songs of Kids In Glass Houses > The Menzingers > Pvris > Creeper > Malevolence > The Offspring 

Stacked day, no doubt I will end up missing a couple of these for toilet/cider breaks. Spanish Love Songs, Gogol Bordello, The Menzingers, Creeper, Malevolence and The Offspring are my must sees. 

Girlfriends -> Hawthorne Heights -> Spanish Love Songs -> Fireworks -> Millencolin -> Real Friends -> Boston Manor -> Four Year Strong/food break -> The Menzingers -> Less Than Jake -> Creeper/Bowling For Soup -> Yellowcard (end) - > The Offspring

Lots of bands I'll have to miss (Teenage Bottlerocket, Emarosa, Trash Boat, Holding Absence, Wargasm, Escape The Fate, Creeper, Billy Talent, The Hunna, Shikari) and my must-sees in bold. Luckily, with North being on the Sunday I can check setlists which may sway a couple of decisions. Less Than Jake doing Hello, Rockview in full is worth my entire ticket fee to be fair.

Trying to get a cheap ticket closer to the time but my plan would be

Sincere Engineer > end of Heriot > Higher Power > SeeYouSpaceCowboy > Spanish Love Songs > Fireworks > Trophy Eyes > Real Friends > Underoath/Boston Manor/Landmvrks > Four Year Strong > The Menzingers > We Came as Romans > Yellowcard > The Offspring

Nice day but most of the bands that are must sees are really low down and really after The Menzingers, I'm not particularly bothered by anything.

Not necessarily Slam Dunk related but I’m sure this news will find an audience here - Finch have announced two What It Is to Burn 20th anniversary shows later this year: 

Manchester New Century - 7th November

London O2 Forum Kentish Town - 8th November 

Always kicked myself for missing the tenth anniversary tour so I’m all over this. Love that album so much.