How old are we all here on Efests nowadays?

bamber

How old are we all here nowadays?  

596 members have voted

1. 1. Some long time posters here, plenty new ones too. How does it all break down?

• 10-14
    • 15-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 60+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cauliflower ear is trolling you .... hes also called Jim 

You know what's happened here, don't you crazyfool1? What's happened is that you have inadvertently 'gone' through a tiny winey little fissure in the time space continuum that you were living in before (quote happily, I thought. Not perfectly happy, but quite happy.) and have somehow managed to find yourself on a planet where everybody is called Jim.

Don't worry, as it can happen to anybody. It's happened to me once too. I happen to notice some signage on a lorry which read 'Daveland'. That was it - I was off! I was 'privileged' enough to be allowed a glimpse at Dave Land - a land full of bloke's called Dave.

(Dave) Good morning Dave.

(Dave) Good morning to you too Dave. Did you hear about what Dave got up to last night?

(Dave) No, I didn't hear about any of Dave's activities last night. Why, what did Dave get up to?

(Dave) Well, he only had a few too many, got in to an argument with Dave, which then turned in to a punch up.

(Dave) What, Dave hit Dave? Are you for real?

So, crazyfool1, as I say 'nothing to worry about'!!

PS - Wishing you a fab festival.

3 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Bit of a creepy question, but perhaps creepier is the amount of people posting of an internet forum in their 50s and 60s. 

Poor Sir Tim Berners-Lee, deemed by some no mark too old to post on a forum 😂

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The feelings mutual. Should we get a room? 

Hope you are having a fab day.

We absolutely should.  I'm having a great one mate, suns out and I've got 3 days off work.  Got my lazy arse out to sort out the jungle in the back garden and made good work of it til retiring for a smoke or three.  Just picked up my Glastonbury stash (Cheese and Skittles, veeeeerry nice) and my biggest obligation for the next few days is getting some cat food from the shops.

I can only hope we get this weather in 4 weeks.  Plenty sunny and not too hot, the kind of day where a cold drink is begging to be drunk, the dull thud of music always in the background from the neighbours and the sound of laughter drifting across the fences as people come together to enjoy the weekend.  Life feels pretty nice today.

Hope everything is excellent with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know what's happened here, don't you crazyfool1? What's happened is that you have inadvertently 'gone' through a tiny winey little fissure in the time space continuum that you were living in before (quote happily, I thought. Not perfectly happy, but quite happy.) and have somehow managed to find yourself on a planet where everybody is called Jim.

Don't worry, as it can happen to anybody. It's happened to me once too. I happen to notice some signage on a lorry which read 'Daveland'. That was it - I was off! I was 'privileged' enough to be allowed a glimpse at Dave Land - a land full of bloke's called Dave.

(Dave) Good morning Dave.

(Dave) Good morning to you too Dave. Did you hear about what Dave got up to last night?

(Dave) No, I didn't hear about any of Dave's activities last night. Why, what did Dave get up to?

(Dave) Well, he only had a few too many, got in to an argument with Dave, which then turned in to a punch up.

(Dave) What, Dave hit Dave? Are you for real?

So, crazyfool1, as I say 'nothing to worry about'!!

PS - Wishing you a fab festival.

Thanks yog appreciate that … excitement slowly starting to build now 🙂 

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

We absolutely should.  I'm having a great one mate, suns out and I've got 3 days off work.  Got my lazy arse out to sort out the jungle in the back garden and made good work of it til retiring for a smoke or three.  Just picked up my Glastonbury stash (Cheese and Skittles, veeeeerry nice) and my biggest obligation for the next few days is getting some cat food from the shops.

I can only hope we get this weather in 4 weeks.  Plenty sunny and not too hot, the kind of day where a cold drink is begging to be drunk, the dull thud of music always in the background from the neighbours and the sound of laughter drifting across the fences as people come together to enjoy the weekend.  Life feels pretty nice today.

Hope everything is excellent with you.

Good to hear that you sound nice and chilled out. And to have made progress in the jungle of a back garden too! I hate gardening. It's up there with painting and decorating. Mind you, I'd take gardening over being a teacher for learner drivers. I believe that is one of Dante's nine circles of hell.

Anyway, I too had a smoke earlier, but that was much earlier in terms of too many hours ago now. I now need to make amends on that front. Oh and a snort of Billy wont go amiss either! 

As an aside can you imagine us two hiring a room in a hotel? Eat you heart out Hunter S Thompson! We could possibly run a book on the time it would take for the police to arrive. Any money we make off that could go towards our defence costs!

Wishing you the very best of festivals at Glastonbury this year.

• Upvote 1

It's quite funny

This place used to have NO age divide but in the last 2/3 years it really has.. 

I'm in the older camp 50+

Was going to be say more but can't be arsed lol

Edited by guypjfreak

6 hours ago, Stanton said:

Actual age 47

Age I feel physically 55

Age I act at Glastonbury for 5 days 25

Age I feel on the Monday morning  coach to Edinburgh 93

Actual age 54.

Age I feel Physically? I've only relatively recently started to really feel my actual age.

Age I feel mentally? There's still a toddler, seven, fourteen, twentyish, thirtyish, etc person in there always. Certainly not a mature 54 year old.

Age I act at Glastonbury? Average the above + extra for the really knackered, down on sleep psychotic moments. Add a decade if I'm made to park on the outskirts/am volunteering.

Monday? Have to get my, "I can still drive home as well as a younger person", head on I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

It's quite funny

The kids are all on tiktok now. Writing text on a screen is alien to them. 

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

It's quite funny

Living in Australia, which is a considerably more ageist culture than UK, I've always found it refreshing to see how the ages mix so easily and without apparent judgement in Britain. 

I'm aware I could be completely wrong, but, I used to attribute it to the British local pub where families would go to the local and all generations would be together. Simply doesn't happen that way in Oz.

I'd hate to think that is disappearing.

I don't think asking age range is a problem though, except for one comment in this thread.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Living in Australia, which is a considerably more ageist culture than UK, I've always found it refreshing to see how the ages mix so easily and without apparent judgement in Britain. 

I'm aware I could be completely wrong, but, I used to attribute it to the British local pub where families would go to the local and all generations would be together. Simply doesn't happen that way in Oz.

I'd hate to think that is disappearing.

I don't think asking age range is a problem though, except for one comment in this thread.

I'd like to think / believe that you are right in your assessment of ageism in the UK, but I actually know that there is a huge swathe of people to whom that does not apply. However, it wouldn't be of young people 'against' the old. It would be a case of an older generation against the young. In almost another universe I happen to visit the online version of the Daily mail site, which is where I have gleaned evidence of this prejudicial point of view. 

Sad on both fronts - that the prejudice exists (when it could be so much more beneficial to both parties if it didn't exist), and that I visit the Daily Mail website. 

42 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd like to think / believe that you are right in your assessment of ageism in the UK, but I actually know that there is a huge swathe of people to whom that does not apply. However, it wouldn't be of young people 'against' the old. It would be a case of an older generation against the young. In almost another universe I happen to visit the online version of the Daily mail site, which is where I have gleaned evidence of this prejudicial point of view. 

Sad on both fronts - that the prejudice exists (when it could be so much more beneficial to both parties if it didn't exist), and that I visit the Daily Mail website. 

Interesting, well they may be mirror images of each other.

There is the  universal  "youth of today" moaning that has always gone on, but I don't detect that to any unusual degree in Australia.

39 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Interesting, well they may be mirror images of each other.

They may well -  and be of the same magnitude too. Who's to know?

46 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

There is the  universal  "youth of today" moaning that has always gone on, but I don't detect that to any unusual degree in Australia.

The same is possibly true of here too - and maybe many other countries in addition. I haven't exactly studied it in detail. All I know is that I am sat here (aged 56 - until next week!) with my wife (aged 54) and also our friend Fran (aged 24). Once upon a time I'd have tried to teach them 'things', given a longer experience than they have had. In fact, I do actually do that - to a limited degree and only to be of benefit. However, I now know that that is a two way street, and that they also educate me. We are all people, at the end of the day. There will always be a need to make judgements in life, but there's no validity to be gained in using ageism (in whatever direction) as an appropriate influential tool in making such judgements - in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I like to think I get on with young people and am down with the kids, but I don't, and I'm not.

I have been "hanging" with my 16 year old kid a lot recently as her mum is away, and at best we tolerate each other. She doesn't understand that everything was better in my day and I should always have the final word. And she keeps calling me priviledged white male for some reason. And pretentious. Little shit.

And got me thinking back to when I was that age and whether the late teen me would get on the early 50s me, and we really wouldn't. I would find the younger me a self centred, lazy, good for nothing prick, and I guess he would think of me as my daughter does, pretentious, full of shit. I reckon I could drink him under the table though, but he might win on the drugs side.

Anyway, enough about me.

• Upvote 3