Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, M. A. N. D said:

Does anyone know why Fleetwood Mac would be showing when you search Glastonbury 2022 lineup, I know there are wishful rumours every year and I'm really not expecting it but what's going on with this? 

Screenshot_20220619_160235_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

More than likely because they’re rumoured every single year and are usually the biggest rumour until it’s proven otherwise, and so their name is just associated with the festival now because of it.

1 minute ago, 14er said:

They've 100% taken that from this thread

It's funny seeing info from here pop up on Reddit a few hours or days later and (some of) the people reposting it using a tone of voice that suggests they heard it from industry insiders or some source other than a popular and public message board!

2 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

It's funny seeing info from here pop up on Reddit a few hours or days later and (some of) the people reposting it using a tone of voice that suggests they heard it from industry insiders or some source other than a popular and public message board!

I would never pretend to know anything I haven’t lifted from one thread or another 😂

Has anyone heard any intel on if Daði Freyr might be popping up at any point? He's in the UK at the moment, UK dates end before Glastonbury and then nothing until July.

Missed out on seeing him in Bristol the other day so would love to catch him if he shows up on the farm.

3 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Has anyone heard any intel on if Daði Freyr might be popping up at any point? He's in the UK at the moment, UK dates end before Glastonbury and then nothing until July.

Missed out on seeing him in Bristol the other day so would love to catch him if he shows up on the farm.

Really surprised he's not already on. Thought a dead cert.

16 hours ago, M. A. N. D said:

Does anyone know why Fleetwood Mac would be showing when you search Glastonbury 2022 lineup, I know there are wishful rumours every year and I'm really not expecting it but what's going on with this? 

Screenshot_20220619_160235_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Google generates that kind of content automatically based on what it's trawled from the internet. There won't be much in the way of manual validation, so sometimes that means they get it wrong.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, leath02 said:

Everyones working together on various sites, it actually looks more lifted from my own post on Discord. It's all good, we're a hive mind!

This, absolutely. People sometimes refer back to Secretglasto as a primary source, but it's 90% powered by the community, especially before the gates open.

12 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

I got a Reddit notification the other day of a topic I might like. It was was a reference to a post on here - that I wrote!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Would be a shame if the Chems played a DJ set.

Also, thought it was Paolo Nutini on the park?

I'm reasonably confident about the above post, although Wolf Alice is the only BBC Introducing with solid evidence - the others are reasoned out - though it wouldn't surprise me if it was all correct.

EDIT: There's quite a lot of noise about Paolo turning up somewhere, but we've no idea where he could place now the big three slots are accounted for.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

If Paolo is playing then he's got to be on BBC Sat afternoon, Rabbit Hole or Greenpeace. The latter two are at such a time that make it feasible, while the BBC field can be closed if necessary (doubt it).

Transgressive could be Bloc Party (the first slot starts while the main stage headliners are still on), Let's Eat Grandma seems a good bet since they had to pull out the last time, and The Subways or Mystery Jets are both active too.