Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Absolutely bizarre LCD aren't doing any of these slots. Perfect timing for them tour wise.

Eh, I don’t think they ever seemed particularly likely even with the convenient dates. Don’t have anything new to promote or have even done anything to boost their standing since they last played so would just be a bit pointless having them do one of the TBAs, or at least out of sorts with the types of acts the festival usually has do these slots (friends of the festival, new album to promote and/or hot off a reformation). 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

If Paolo is playing then he's got to be on BBC Sat afternoon, Rabbit Hole or Greenpeace. The latter two are at such a time that make it feasible, while the BBC field can be closed if necessary (doubt it).

Transgressive could be Bloc Party (the first slot starts while the main stage headliners are still on), Let's Eat Grandma seems a good bet since they had to pull out the last time, and The Subways or Mystery Jets are both active too.

Pretty sure somebody asked Let’s Eat Grandma if they were playing and they said no.

Taken from Chemical Bros last DJ set in Printworks: "One of the most influential acts in electronic music, The Chemical Brothers’ DJ sets are without peer, full-on acid house with fresh tracks and forgotten vintage classics mixed up in a style that is unique to them. In 2017, they had a few new tracks to test out on the Printworks’ audience which formed the cornerstones of one of their career-best albums – 2019’s ‘No Geography’. Nascent versions of ‘Got To Keep On’, ‘MAH’ and ‘Free Yourself’ were tested out on an unsuspecting audience during the 3-hour ride."

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If Paolo is playing then he's got to be on BBC Sat afternoon, Rabbit Hole or Greenpeace. The latter two are at such a time that make it feasible, while the BBC field can be closed if necessary (doubt it).

Transgressive could be Bloc Party (the first slot starts while the main stage headliners are still on), Let's Eat Grandma seems a good bet since they had to pull out the last time, and The Subways or Mystery Jets are both active too.

That first Transgressive slot is already confirmed as a DJ set by the person doing in, on their socials. Can't remember who.

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm reasonably confident about the above post, although Wolf Alice is the only BBC Introducing with solid evidence - the others are reasoned out - though it wouldn't surprise me if it was all correct.

EDIT: There's quite a lot of noise about Paolo turning up somewhere, but we've no idea where he could place now the big three slots are accounted for.

I thought I read that the Greenpeace Saturday act was of "Pyramid size", but I might be getting mixed up. That would probably put Paolo there, if the case.

9 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I don't understand why they are getting Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers to play DJ sets. It's like getting Messi to play on your football team and sticking him in goal 

Because they both DJ as well as do live sets? Nice way of getting them on site when they’ve already played live in the last couple of festivals and so won’t return to do that already. 

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

That first Transgressive slot is already confirmed as a DJ set by the person doing in, on their socials. Can't remember who.

Ah, there are only 2 band slots on Friday. But I did mean that the first one at 23:30 starts before the headliners finished. So basically if you watch the headliners, you miss that slot, meaning it could be a bigger act.

Also a later TBA on Saturday, though not specifically Transgressive.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Because they both DJ as well as do live sets? Nice way of getting them on site when they’ve already played live in the last couple of festivals and so won’t return to do that already. 

I know but it will definitely be disappointing for a few people, seen on here already. Especially Jon Hopkins, his live set and his general music is absolutely incredible. I'll feel pretty frustrated if he does a dj set and just drops one or two tracks of his own work. Still, you're right. Better than not having them there at all

Edited by downtherabbithole

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure somebody asked Let’s Eat Grandma if they were playing and they said no.

Aye I asked them at a signing a couple of months ago and they said they weren't playing. Still holding out a bit of hope they were just saying that to not spoil the surprise...

29 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

I don't understand why they are getting Jon Hopkins and Chemical Brothers to play DJ sets. It's like getting Messi to play on your football team and sticking him in goal 

My guess is that they'll both have exclusivity deals that prevent them playing "full" sets at other festivals...

16 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So where we up to with Paolo?

42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

So, so far we have George Ezra on John Peel, and then Bastille for Williams Green? What an awful let down. Especially considering we've already lost one of the Williams Green secret sets.

Paolo to save the day, please. Very much needed!

Edited by D-Low

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Other than Wolf Alice on the Friday, do we have an idea of the other secret sets on BBC introducing?

Fri - Wolf Alice

Sat - Idles

Sun - Arlo Parks

???

yeah this is the best place guess, with either Paolo or Sault doing the 12:30 - 13:30 slot on the Sat lunch

12 minutes ago, D-Low said:

So, so far we have George Ezra on John Peel, and then Bastille for Williams Green? What an awful let down. Especially considering we've already lost one of the Williams Green secret sets.

Saving the day at this point would require The Smile, Green Day, TWOD or Arcade Fire... 

I know it's quite unlikely because of logistics, but I'm choosing to believe it's The Smile. Thom and Jonny love the festival (as seen in last night's documentary with Thom Yorke surprisingly sounding giddy about the place) that I think it's possible they'll fly back for one day. It is the first glasto in three years after all. 

Edited by downtherabbithole

7 minutes ago, D-Low said:

find it amusing that everyone is continually ignoring the relatively solid info we've got on Jack White

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

and i believe Jack white is as good as done for the Park secret set. going with the last few years secret sets, and what they have went on to do. seems abit regressive for me. especially watching last nights documentary and how Glastonbury is ever evolving. this years secret set seems to be abit of a kop out.

i understand its musical opinions and jack white is liked by a lot on the forums. in my opinion its abit of a missed opportunity to get a potential headliner a sighter for next year.