2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Tangier way … any further info on Taunton pls shout 

Great, thank you.  Looking to book up some parking around the pick up point, which I believe you did last year?  Currently looking at these websites where you can pop your car on someone's drive for a few days...  assume the pick up point will be the same again this year 

10 minutes ago, Crouchinho76 said:

Great, thank you.  Looking to book up some parking around the pick up point, which I believe you did last year?  Currently looking at these websites where you can pop your car on someone's drive for a few days...  assume the pick up point will be the same again this year 

Give me a dm closer to the time .. m should be able to sort residents parking permits 10-15 mins walk away 

• Thanks 1

Just out of interest, having never got the coach before, how susceptible is it to getting stuck in the same Glasto traffic? Is it exactly the same, or is there a dedicated route for coaches from quite far out that allow it easier access?

Our coach is 1.30 from Bristol and just worried that we might not be in the festival until late in the evening. Happy to have the ticket though, don't get me wrong!

Just now, EamerRed said:

Just out of interest, having never got the coach before, how susceptible is it to getting stuck in the same Glasto traffic? Is it exactly the same, or is there a dedicated route for coaches from quite far out that allow it easier access?

Our coach is 1.30 from Bristol and just worried that we might not be in the festival until late in the evening. Happy to have the ticket though, don't get me wrong!

1.30 from Bristol max 1 hour … should be no traffic at that point unless there is the chaos of 2016 … no specific routes for coaches but shouldn’t matter . in queues for ped gates should be tiny too 

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:06 PM, mario man said:

Hey, what was the outcome for you guys regarding seats for the kids? 

I’ve queried this previously but am still in a real quandary whether to go for tickets today or wait until Sunday if I want to take my 12yo daughter. 

Cheers

Morning mate. We drove to the site on the Wednesday morning and then walked to the coach park to try to "meet" the coach as it arrived. This isn't really possible. Staff are so overworked and it was really hot and dusty. We missed the coach arriving onsite and had to wait 5 hours for the tickets to be dropped to the office and then handed to us. We got our tickets in the end tho but it was tough going with the two kids in the heat waiting all day.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Morning mate. We drove to the site on the Wednesday morning and then walked to the coach park to try to "meet" the coach as it arrived. This isn't really possible. Staff are so overworked and it was really hot and dusty. We missed the coach arriving onsite and had to wait 5 hours for the tickets to be dropped to the office and then handed to us. We got our tickets in the end tho but it was tough going with the two kids in the heat waiting all day.

Cheers - that sounds like a mission! We had similar at Green Man this year but the kids get over it quick once on site.

I was unlucky in the sales & didn’t get coach or normal tickets yesterday so will be trying again in April. Hope you fared better. 

Has anyone here got the coach from London before? We got Thursday tickets  and I know I'm incredibly lucky to be going but I have mixed emotions about missing the Wednesday for the first time ever!

Just wondering in people's experiences how long the coach drive is and then how long to queue to get in etc.? Our coach is at 5am, thankfully early!

9 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Has anyone here got the coach from London before? We got Thursday tickets  and I know I'm incredibly lucky to be going but I have mixed emotions about missing the Wednesday for the first time ever!

Just wondering in people's experiences how long the coach drive is and then how long to queue to get in etc.? Our coach is at 5am, thankfully early!

I have done London coach on both Weds & Thurs before.

Both super easy and efficient. Think Thurs will be better traffic wise as a big chunk of people will already be on sight + the early start will help even further. 
If memory serves me right, the journey is about 4-4.5 hours (if all goes well & only 1 services stop).

As you say, Thursday can feel like you’ve missed a bit, but honestly once you get there that all goes out the window. Plus you are a bit less knackered by the Monday having got an extra night in a proper bed. 

Also Ped Gate A queue, which is where all coach drop offs go, I have always found a breeze. Queue moves very swiftly from Weds lunchtime onwards once the initial bunch have gone in. 

16 minutes ago, Sundance said:

3 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

I have done London coach on both Weds & Thurs before.

Both super easy and efficient. Think Thurs will be better traffic wise as a big chunk of people will already be on sight + the early start will help even further. 
If memory serves me right, the journey is about 4-4.5 hours (if all goes well & only 1 services stop).

As you say, Thursday can feel like you’ve missed a bit, but honestly once you get there that all goes out the window. Plus you are a bit less knackered by the Monday having got an extra night in a proper bed. 

Also Ped Gate A queue, which is where all coach drop offs go, I have always found a breeze. Queue moves very swiftly from Weds lunchtime onwards once the initial bunch have gone in. 

Journey took 4 hours when we did it this year 8am wed - your escaping London before the traffic and should hit less traffic near the site so i'd say 3.5 hours maximum. No queue when we arrived wed midday this year really, took about 15 mins

On 11/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, Wooderson said:

We had someone on our coach who was sleeping during ticket hand out and the driver wouldn't give her her ticket and instead gave it off to the people taking it to the office. I felt so bad for her given she was trying to get him to give it to her and he wouldn't. Didn't realise she might have to wait 5 hours 

On 11/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, Muppetmark said:

We had someone on our coach who was sleeping during ticket hand out and the driver wouldn't give her her ticket and instead gave it off to the people taking it to the office. I felt so bad for her given she was trying to get him to give it to her and he wouldn't. Didn't realise she might have to wait 5 hours 

That is utter nonsense from the driver.

First time getting the coach. 6.30am from Bristol. 

Do Coaches have their very own gate to get to the site? Last year I got to the car park at 6:15 and probs got to paines to put start unpacking around 11am. 

I suspect we should get to site around 8ish via coach if we leave on time. My concern is alot of good camping spots will be taken. 

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

First time getting the coach. 6.30am from Bristol. 

Do Coaches have their very own gate to get to the site? Last year I got to the car park at 6:15 and probs got to paines to put start unpacking around 11am. 

I suspect we should get to site around 8ish via coach if we leave on time. My concern is alot of good camping spots will be taken. 

You’ll enter via gate A along with others that arrive that side of the site … but you will join the bus queues to enter which are prioritised as they try and turn the busses around … so expect those queues to move more quickly … you’ll be fine for camping pretty much anywhere ..

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Booked the National Express coach. It says it arrives at 7.55 but surely you'll be backlogged in mad traffic? Do the coaches have their own entry lanes? Very confused and first time going by coach

The arrival times are estimates rather than exact. Don't rely on them, as it can vary based on a million things most of them impossible to predict in advance.

Depending on the route, coaches do have one or two options that public don't (for example turning right at a junction where cars can only turn left), but broadly speaking they'll hit the same traffic.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, gherring8 said:

I've always arrived Wednesday, but over the years various friends of mine have come on the Thurs for a variety of reasons...most of them arrive Thurs AM and all they really miss is the setting up (and choosing location) of the camp, a few drinks, the fireworks and an early night.  

Perhaps if I was arriving late Thurs PM I might be a little bit disappointed but I think Thurs AM you don't really miss much at all tbh.  

And as you rightly say, you can always tell those who have arrived later as on the Sunday they still have the energy!

36 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've always arrived Wednesday, but over the years various friends of mine have come on the Thurs for a variety of reasons...most of them arrive Thurs AM and all they really miss is the setting up (and choosing location) of the camp, a few drinks, the fireworks and an early night.  

Perhaps if I was arriving late Thurs PM I might be a little bit disappointed but I think Thurs AM you don't really miss much at all tbh.  

And as you rightly say, you can always tell those who have arrived later as on the Sunday they still have the energy!

It's nice having an extra day, but I've never been upset about missing Wednesday, as you say it can balance out in terms of energy levels. This year I avoided the extra heat and queue that transpired Wednesday. 

Back in the day some of us west country folk would go down early Thursday or Friday morning and make camp, followed by folks from London who couldn't get all the time off that would arrive Friday afternoon or evening. 

Getting there at all is so much better than not and they just crammed all their fun into the nights available - at least it avoids going too big on Wednesday which I've done on occasion 😱

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It's nice having an extra day, but I've never been upset about missing Wednesday, as you say it can balance out in terms of energy levels. This year I avoided the extra heat and queue that transpired Wednesday. 

Back in the day some of us west country folk would go down early Thursday or Friday morning and make camp, followed by folks from London who couldn't get all the time off that would arrive Friday afternoon or evening. 

Getting there at all is so much better than not and they just crammed all their fun into the nights available - at least it avoids going too big on Wednesday which I've done on occasion 😱

You've been going way longer than me, but I recall even friends of mine who went in the mid-late 90s going Thurs PM to set up camp and then the main contingent arriving Friday...I think going back further arriving after work on the Friday was more the norm.

When I first started going in 2004 (and 2005 iirc) we set up camp on Kidney Mead late Weds PM with a lot of space around us!

I have in recent years started to take it very easy on the Weds and I'm usually back at camp by midnight and usually asleep by 1am absolute latest. That said what that does lead to is an early start on the Thursday, and desperately trying to not go in too hard so I don't get a horrific hangover on the Friday (as I stupidly did in 2017 and couldn't get out of the campsite till gone 4pm!)

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

You've been going way longer than me, but I recall even friends of mine who went in the mid-late 90s going Thurs PM to set up camp and then the main contingent arriving Friday...I think going back further arriving after work on the Friday was more the norm.

When I first started going in 2004 (and 2005 iirc) we set up camp on Kidney Mead late Weds PM with a lot of space around us!

I have in recent years started to take it very easy on the Weds and I'm usually back at camp by midnight and usually asleep by 1am absolute latest. That said what that does lead to is an early start on the Thursday, and desperately trying to not go in too hard so I don't get a horrific hangover on the Friday (as I stupidly did in 2017 and couldn't get out of the campsite till gone 4pm!)

You prompted me to look at where we used to camp a decade or more ago, before I became an old wuss and started relying on campervans or caravans. Spring Ground I think, as it was next to the wood and the loo was at the bottom of the hill.  As you say going back it was easy to save some space for pals. I think 2007 (which I believe was very wet) we even had a massive gazebo to shield under! 

4pm start to a day isn't outrageous to me 😉

44 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Pretty normal for me, if not a bit early. Not to say I'll still be in bed, but may not have seen any acts yet, just hung out with mates in the Green Fields.

Latest ever start re seeing an act was 1am, Roni Size on Hell Stage (i think).

17 hours ago, clarkete said:

You prompted me to look at where we used to camp a decade or more ago, before I became an old wuss and started relying on campervans or caravans. Spring Ground I think, as it was next to the wood and the loo was at the bottom of the hill.  As you say going back it was easy to save some space for pals. I think 2007 (which I believe was very wet) we even had a massive gazebo to shield under! 

I think our last gazebo was in 2009.

We got told to take ours down in 2010 (when it was scorching hot!) and then didn't bother again after that.

No it wasn't outrageous, but it was an ordeal I could have done without......I was awake most of that day with a thumping headache etc feeling sorry for myself whilst everyone else around me got bang on it....iirc I wound up at the Park for a couple of pints after  Radiohead then went to bed - got 8 hours sleep and felt right as rain Saturday and good to go again! 🙂 

• Upvote 1