Music Industry Ticket

rockandnoll

I have a friend who is a music agent and he has been at his company long enough finally that he can get music industry tickets...however, there is a rather high cost associated to them.
My question is have any of you got any previous experience with these tickets and what they provide you in terms of amenities/access etc?

I’m sure there are better informed people, but I’ve seen two types of ticket before, I think a hospitality one which is about double a normal ticket, then another type that is about £1500. I think they get you access to the hospitality campsite and the back stage bar between the pyramid and other and the cut through between the two. A friend won hospitality tickets once and that’s all he got in addition to entry.

17 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

I have a friend who is a music agent and he has been at his company long enough finally that he can get music industry tickets...however, there is a rather high cost associated to them.
My question is have any of you got any previous experience with these tickets and what they provide you in terms of amenities/access etc?

We've got in with industry tickets twice. 

In 2015 we had access to some spares that The Glade area had. We had to pay regular price and camped with everybody else. No real extra benefits as such. (Got offered the same deal in 2016 but we'd just had a baby so sat that year out). 

In 2019 we got given free tickets from the Silver Hayes team. We were in staff/hospitality camping which was just behind The Pussy Parlour. There was a bar, showers etc there but there was nothing special to the area, although the location was great and we got to park loads closer than usual. Our wrist bands also got us access to NYC Downlow so skipped the queues for that. 

My friend was an agent and sorted all this for us. One year he had someone playing The Pyramid so he got a wrist band which meant he could go to lots of back stage places (which he described as being w*nky) and even stood in The Pyramid gallery. 

I think what you get access to largely depends on the level of ticket/wrist band you have so it's worth checking that first.

41 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

Some of my friends know an agent who represents a band that have played a few times over the years.

2005 and 2013 they got in via guest passes which were roughly double the cost of the general admission ones, gave them access to the backstage bar in-between the Pyramid and Other stage and they could camp in hospitality, however they decided to camp with everyone in standard camping.

They also got to park a lot closer than we did.

Thanks all, the tickets I am being offered seem to be the ones you are suggesting that are about double the normal price (just over).
I'm biding my time until next weekend to see if I can pick one up thanks to the resale team, but then will have to decide if the benefits (and just being on the farm) outweigh the extra cost

Can you remember if you were able to access the festival early or were those tickets just in essence general admission with a couple of small perks?

3 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

Thanks all, the tickets I am being offered seem to be the ones you are suggesting that are about double the normal price (just over).
I'm biding my time until next weekend to see if I can pick one up thanks to the resale team, but then will have to decide if the benefits (and just being on the farm) outweigh the extra cost

Can you remember if you were able to access the festival early or were those tickets just in essence general admission with a couple of small perks?

When my friends got them in 2005 and 2013 they turned up with everyone else on the Weds morning, didn't give them access before anyone else.

7 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

No early entry on the tickets we had.

I guess the simple question you have to ask yourself firstly is can you afford to pay double? If the answer is yes, then the next question is how much do you want to go?

If you don't buy the ticket, would you be sat on your sofa in June watching it on TV thinking "I should have just paid the extra cash". If the answer is yes then grab that ticket!!

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

No early entry on the tickets we had.

I guess the simple question you have to ask yourself firstly is can you afford to pay double? If the answer is yes, then the next question is how much do you want to go?

If you don't buy the ticket, would you be sat on your sofa in June watching it on TV thinking "I should have just paid the extra cash". If the answer is yes then grab that ticket!!

Likewise, if I didn't have a ticket and was offered a guaranteed entry for that price and could afford it, I would snap it up in a heartbeat!

52 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m sure there are better informed people, but I’ve seen two types of ticket before, I think a hospitality one which is about double a normal ticket, then another type that is about £1500. I think they get you access to the hospitality campsite and the back stage bar between the pyramid and other and the cut through between the two. A friend won hospitality tickets once and that’s all he got in addition to entry.

We were on T&C field tickets in 2019 and managed to get into Interstage once.  It felt a bit like a posh village fete in there with everyone in nice clothes milling about.  It was handy for getting through the crowds though, probably takes 10 minutes off the walk from Pyramid to Other

22 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

they could camp in hospitality, however they decided to camp with everyone in standard camping.

Worth camping there for the showers and toilets. 

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

In 2019 we got given free tickets from the Silver Hayes team. We were in staff/hospitality camping which was just behind The Pussy Parlour. There was a bar, showers etc there but there was nothing special to the area, although the location was great and we got to park loads closer than usual. Our wrist bands also got us access to NYC Downlow so skipped the queues for that. 

We had those wristbands in 2019 - hope you're wrong about them getting you queue jump at NYC Downlow otherwise I've just picked up a new regret I didn't know I had.

1 minute ago, czuk said:

We were on T&C field tickets in 2019 and managed to get into Interstage once.  It felt a bit like a posh village fete in there with everyone in nice clothes milling about.  It was handy for getting through the crowds though, probably takes 10 minutes off the walk from Pyramid to Other

Yeah, there's fuck all in there worth doing really, unless you are loaded and want a sit down restaurant meal. There's an oxfam stall in there with sw*nkier gear too. 

Takes more than 10 minutes off the walk. We went from central in the Killers crowd to central at the Other for the Chems in the time it took for ne song. 

Edited by blutarsky

I went on a Hospitality ticket back in 2013. We camped offsite so can't speak to parking or on-site hospitality camping.
From my perspective the only perk was the shortcut between Pyramid and Other. The Hospitality bar was OK, but got just as busy as everywhere else by Friday. Also, do you really want to be spending your time there when the rest of the festival is outside.
A female friend I was there with loved it primarily for the loo's. For her, not having to use the long-drops was a huge bonus. I tried to persuade her to use one once, just so she could say she had but she wasn't having it.
Ultimately, as has been said, it comes down to how bad you want to go. I jumped on it in 2013 as I really wanted to go, and the price, while high, was worth it to me. If you're in the same position I'd grab tickets while you can.

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

They are the types that aren't bothered about such thing. 🙂

They basically used the tickets to get into the festival and didn't want to spend 5 days camped separately from everyone else!

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We had those wristbands in 2019 - hope you're wrong about them getting you queue jump at NYC Downlow otherwise I've just picked up a new regret I didn't know I had.

The queue jump band literally hd 'queue jumper' on it, this is the one I blagged in 2019:

k_BYjoUUWUxLso4Ikh7QAMqCxOZYHT8_FffcmrzhRcSkYZa3EaVpYa4ZKGwjPy0DRW9YPIBFFI9Do3wDPfIea4emWsxy67vmwjZWJUfivHlTr4Zf-xyf8Io4oQqCjznaVM0WHudZTOqN0KP6DJXlALvLYXtXyS9EuLiRn06KNtj3B42A85ufrRGeP4V6uBjm3th-oCv1_wPqQtTHxhEgqvoxASuDVyojHerF5M0Yl4UYi282wIVO1aXKzP3_MxnKWBDrxygFX7jVjMkRSBkmqq9-aj5Qkk6KUfyvCNwTDmRx7PeWPgzBZk3RUeZs5_XOQvdBzCMuyYdcJ9qTTRf-KzrkQc5mw12SWG2AlFltqOujeabbKC6ItHndbTDw0K6dijGUl2ccsUP_U5-ss0WKnIdB7NNzQfnyITFAdXDnJLWy2X6T77Rop-OVSZoYeqi2cKzU-sJF2Ogmae6ENNtF4U8XhW1SeZRH_UccY_eT2-WY-Gj8x6ECfTtZ0ggnHafGfjlye3seaNtL0xxSK77CAMfhGIaqi7ELKP2QgXJKN0NVhOslBn_dmnDdT5V48DTt2eeTvb66nNQP6OBQnOI_QMd4fiGlO2uhCKmW0hSBPYseCaH68gwGL6AmV7QuZvl0laZ25S5lVDJ8hG1yQc5rqx9eL13tP1QDhK7LZLFmu2hEBtjyP5rqsT4-dQ45zhIa5jY4oYC--Dvs2fWftRuSwor0W-VkF31iB7GL9SroeYca2GFQOI9oSdZseUN7=w659-h878-no?authuser=0

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I assumed they meant the hospitality band? Didn't have a queue jumper one 

I guess they'll have to clarify, but the T&C band I had meant I could go 'round the back' of the south east corner and skip the queues that way if I wanted, perhaps they meant that ? But I suspect they got given a Queue band as well as the Silver Hayes band.

15 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I think it’s always worth a blag with whatever you’ve got. The year I stayed in Love Fields because I didn’t get tickets, we tried to blag it into NYC Downlow by skipping the queue by showing our Love Fields wrist bands. It almost worked to the point the person on the door went and got someone else to check, they deliberated on it for a while and then ultimately didn’t let us skip the queue, but I’d imagine anything else more Glastonbury related may well fool them, after all it’s only skipping a queue, not a restricted area.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

35 minutes ago, rockandnoll said:

I had one so-called VIP ticket a few years back, ended up cancelling it, but the benefits were minimal, camping was in their own field & facilities between the Pyramid & JP tent, no early access, very limited back stage access. It was a stupid amount of money and I was really lucky I managed to get it cancelled and refunded.

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think it’s always worth a blag with whatever you’ve got. The year I stayed in Love Fields because I didn’t get tickets, we tried to blag it into NYC Downlow by skipping the queue by showing our Love Fields wrist bands. It almost worked to the point the person on the door went and got someone else to check, they deliberated on it for a while and then ultimately didn’t let us skip the queue, but I’d imagine anything else more Glastonbury related may well fool them, after all it’s only skipping a queue, not a restricted area.

It got us into the Tow & Hitch and Maceos, but to be fair, we were actually working so should have been in there. We were just given a standard hospitality band rather than a crew one. We got Maceos and T&H bands on Wednesday and Thursday so we could be sure of re-entry later in the festival. 

36 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

It was a red and white band which we showed to the door staff and then got ushered through a side door instead of queueing.

Only stayed an hour or so as it was ridiculously hot and I was groped more than once. Not a vibe. 

10 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a look at this:

https://www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/glastonbury-festival/

👀

The airstream doesn't seem too bad  relative to the others, but it doesn't specify tickets are included. 

At £3k per person it's only a 1,000% mark up on the festival ticket price. For some £3k may be affordable. £30k is far more of a consideration, no matter how rich you are. 

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a look at this:

https://www.cornucopia-events.co.uk/glastonbury-festival/

Proving once again, that there are people with more money than sense. Fucking mental.

We bagged hospitality passes in 2015 from a close contact, cost me a small fortune but it was either that or not go. If you like celeb spotting they're great, but the only perks for us was the cut through between The Other & The Pyramid, and the toilet facilities were nicer and more private/convenient if you needed a quick pick me up. Wouldn't pay for them again though, unless there was no other option and could afford.