The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just wait for the Countryfile forecast Sunday. The BBC know that peeps (and oftwn farmers) use this as a guide for the festival week and are invested in making an effort for accuracy given their involvement with the festival. It is basically the successor of the Farming Weekly forecast they used to do many years ago.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Just wait for the Countryfile forecast Sunday. The BBC know that peeps (and oftwn farmers) use this as a guide for the festival week and are invested in making an effort for accuracy given their involvement with the festival. It is basically the successor of the Farming Weekly forecast they used to do many years ago.

They don't go beyond Friday, and even then it's cursory.

It's a myth that Countryfile gives the weather for the festival. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, briddj said:

They don't go beyond Friday, and even then it's cursory.

It's a myth that Countryfile gives the weather for the festival. 

I'll take an effort leading up to Friday and they have often mentioned and specifically covered the festival weather in their report.

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

5 days is better than just tomorrow and maybe the day after. In some cases however in past years they have been drawn to making a specific side predition for the festival.

Regardless, I can confirm we won't be waiting for Countryfile in 72 hours.

We've got another 16 runs to go! 🤣

(You can also watch the Countryfile week ahead forecast on Sunday morning on the BBC website)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Regardless, I can confirm we won't be waiting for Countryfile in 72 hours.

We've got another 16 runs to go! 🤣

(You can also watch the Countryfile week ahead forecast on Sunday morning on the BBC website)

I'll give the Sunday broadcast (which is the one I mean) a look deffo and plan accordingly from that. The closer the forecast the better the accuracy surely. Tho I concede naturally that anytimg over 24-48 hours is a challenge for any forecaster in terms of accuracy.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Fuck it. Wellies are going in the van.

I’m going to gamble they won’t be needed Tuesday. Viva La high pressure etc.

Same! Grudgingly stuck the fuckers in a black bag and they’re going in the back of the car. Hopefully not to be seen until I unpack a week later!