Still completely dry, temperatures of 23

image.thumb.png.1b8cb21d6fe3d4068f13f9c64ea9f084.png

SATURDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 21

image.thumb.png.780a13c23d037d9aa503151c0e443f43.png

SUNDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 26

image.thumb.png.4b3d2a189d260a4da36ace4df4f260be.png

Pressure starts to drop off from Thursday into Friday, but then builds back up into Sunday.

image.png.e0a48bf076b630e44427408ba1c2beaa.png

image.png.90a8c2cd844e5bbe1e2a7dd236b79da3.png

image.png.0712139a2bd6589015b3062318ed3aa7.png

SUMMARY

A lot more rain in this run this weekend, but then a completely dry festival and with the temperatures any damage to the ground will fix very quickly.

So not all good, but the festival itself would be beautiful.

Excellent work Briddj!

It's all looking quite encouraging so far. Can't help but be a bit concerned about the low pressure this sunday but as long as it doesn't take root, we should be in the clear.

Looks lovely now! All dry up to this weekend.  A bit of a blow coming through on Saturday 18th evening, which should dry the small amount of associated rain. No rain forecast for Mon 20th to Wed 22nd. Happy days!

Screenshot_20220613-130301.png

Edited by 2019
Adding a screenshot

I remember my first one in 2004, I'm sure it was pissing down all day on the Wednesday (not as many people went on Wednesday then I think. We arrived Thursday and we were sitting on the grass that afternoon and the weather for the football was great. On that basis a bit of rain this weekend isn't going to do that much damage. 2016 the site was saturated days or weeks in advance. Obviously any decent amount of rain once everyone is on site it will be muddy. 

5 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

I remember my first one in 2004, I'm sure it was pissing down all day on the Wednesday (not as many people went on Wednesday then I think. We arrived Thursday and we were sitting on the grass that afternoon and the weather for the football was great. On that basis a bit of rain this weekend isn't going to do that much damage. 2016 the site was saturated days or weeks in advance. Obviously any decent amount of rain once everyone is on site it will be muddy. 

Key to it is the temperatures. Mud cannot survive above 20 degrees, so even if it is a good lashing down on Saturday night it will all be gone by Wednesday morning.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I'll take heat but dry conditions all day long. Lower 20s is obviously ideal but if it's really hot, just gotta load up on water and keep a hat with you. After going to Mad Cool and watching The National in 40 degree weather, I feel I can tackle about anything heat wise 😂

I don't remember it even feeling as hot as Glastonbury 2017 on Wednesday or 2019 on Saturday though. Just Madrid hot. I went for a run one morning (probably afternoon) in the city.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't remember it even feeling as hot as Glastonbury 2017 on Wednesday or 2019 on Saturday though. Just Madrid hot. I went for a run one morning (probably afternoon) in the city.

I dunno man, I remember being at the front and absolutely sweating my nads off. Not sure i've ever felt as hot as that, and Matt kept stage diving and he was dripping with sweat 😂

6 minutes ago, fionajm777 said:

Does anyone have a chart which shows the predicted weather 7-10 days out from the festival vs the actual weather over the years? 

No but I'd be fairly sure that its never been accurate. 

Also, is there anything more pointless than these GFS runs?  

• Like 1

The BBC coverage from 1997 is on YouTube (featuring a very very muddy year). Michael Eavis appears at one point to say that they get a year like that every 12 years. So if the last one was 2016, I reckon we're safe for another few years........

Don't worry too much about the exact science ok? Trust the main man and all shall be well. 🙏🏻  

Edited by glastobird

54 minutes ago, briddj said:

Key to it is the temperatures. Mud cannot survive above 20 degrees, so even if it is a good lashing down on Saturday night it will all be gone by Wednesday morning.

I think you mean if its 20 degrees and dry/suns out 🙂